It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are stars on my profile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So... every couple months I have been getting random messages from people, on Youtube and other sites saying "hey are you the yarcofin from abovetopsecret???" I haven't been on this site for a couple years (last post was in 2009) so I don't know how people seem to know me or keep finding my posts.... so I'm just kind of curious.

Can you give me a breakdown of what the different items are on my profile, how they are all different from each other, and what they mean? And where I might have gotten 5 million stars from? Is this a low, medium, or high number? Have I become some kind of ATS celeb since I left without realizing it? Casually browsing some threads, I couldn't really find anyone with more stars than me except moderators.

What are WATS points and Karma and how are they different from stars? Is there a way to sort my posts by most stars to see where I got them all?
edit on 12/7/2014 by Yarcofin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Yarcofin

Its a glitch they haven't fixed yet...

Wouldn't worry about it....

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yarcofin
So... every couple months I have been getting random messages from people, on Youtube and other sites saying "hey are you the yarcofin from abovetopsecret???" I haven't been on this site for a couple years so I don't know how people seem to know me or keep finding my posts.... so I'm just kind of curious.

Can you give me a breakdown of what the different items are on my profile, how they are all different from each other, and what they mean? And where I might have gotten 5 million stars from? Is this a low, medium, or high number? Have I become some kind of ATS celeb since I left without realizing it? Casually browsing some threads, I couldn't really find anyone with more stars than me except moderators.

What are WATS points and Karma and how are they different from stars?

lol...I've been seeking an explanation for the ridiculous number of stars I've seen on some users since getting back here recently.

Stars = likes, basically. Someone likes one of your posts, they can give you a star. Unless something's broken somewhere...you're averaging about 2500 stars for each of your posts.

The rest of the numbers are your WATS (way above top secret score) and karma...the first a function based on your thread total, flags, and possibly stars. Karma I believe is just based on your number of posts related to stars per post.

I think something's a bit off with some profiles lately, though...there are some BIG numbers floating around that look a little off. Would love for a mod to pop in and clarify.

Other than just hunting through your posts, though, I'm not aware of any way to sort by stars or otherwise seeing your high-heat posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

OMG it's Yarcofin! Finally you returned to ATS omg :O wow !!! ignore the troll above your famous dude welcome back!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

OMG it's Yarcofin! Finally you returned to ATS omg :O wow !!! ignore the troll above your famous dude welcome back!

lol

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
AHA...Looks like Schuyler has a thorough breakdown on his thread here.. WATS and karma covered in the second and third posts, looks like some info may no longer apply, also.

Enjoy, and keep up the apparently fantastic work!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Your star count is actually not all that high. Currently in the lead on that front is member seentoomuch with 213,870,238 of the blighters.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As mentioned above, it's a glitch from the last site upgrade. Some people ended up with millions of stars and thousands of flags in an instant.

If memory serves Intreped had the highest number of legit stars with roughly fifty thousand.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They say it's a glitch... but the truth is, it marks you as chosen ones, and only those of you with over a million stars are contenders for acceptance into the secret order. As you can see, I am not a chosen one, but then.. I know too much.

You have to ask yourself though, do they want you for your highly evolved devious acuity or are you merely a sacrificial lamb...

*taps nose*

or it's actually a glitch... ionno..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey Yarcofin,

It's been a long time.

I was curious too when I recently returned from the asylum, but my doctors tell me to try to ignore the inconsistencies I see, or use my grounding techniques when things don't seem real. So for now, I don't see any extra numbers, and I don't need to interpret the meaning of numbers that are not real.

I'm having pink salmon for lunch.

anx........

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius
Would love for a mod to pop in and clarify.

As was said - it's broken. Stars is infected with some kind of glitch. The only numbers that are accurate at this time are post count and flag count. I have no idea when (if?) it'll be fixed. It's been broken for at least a year that I can remember. The admin is aware of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
Some people ended up with millions of stars and thousands of flags in an instant..

I wasn't aware that flags were effected. I thought is was just stars, which in turn screwed up KARMA and WATS. My stars are infected but my flags are accurate. I'll have to go look at flag counts for others. I wasn't aware of this.
edit on 12/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hey FlyersFan,
Just admit it, we won the Cyber Lotto!

Personally I think we shouldn't waste this moment of Cyber God Status. Shouldn't we have a bit of fun with it and maybe get together and choose an ATS Anthem? You love music, what song would you choose? Also an ATS Official Favorite Food? Bacon, right? Flag, Etc, etc. . . Consider starting a thread to get us all together, and no, we won't be tyrants, I hope. . . .

STM
edit on 8-12-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What happened to your avatar? Didn't you have a cool cat one? You need to get over to the avatar thread, we have some great artists there. Missed you on the threads!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

STM

ETA: Just went to your profile page and your avatar shows up there? It is not showing in the thread though? Definitely check in on the avatar thread, they'll know what to do.

edit on 8-12-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join