It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way for things to change is for you to get involved and change them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thats right. This goes out to all you personal responsibility be all zealots. Whenever you see a problem in my opinion its your job to fix it. I think its an obligation to intelligence and awareness to act on what you see and that what you see could possibly be part of your destiny. If you see something bad happening in the police force, become a police officer and change it. If you dont like something about politics start running and get in there and change it. You dont like oil company policies stop using oil products. We can do this all day but i think you get the point.

I think thats the only way for things to change.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sometimes, desire and choice do not cross paths.

link   
nvm
edit on 7-12-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Is it really that obvious?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why would it be my job to fix your opinion? Discuss it yes, but not fix it.
You are entitled to your opinion and I have no right to change it.
Sometimes there is no right answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Generally to speak out and become a leader, you will also garner many enemies, unless the will to fight for your cause exceeds your desire for self-preservation, you generally would refrain from making any "waves".

It is the barrier that I see, many great leaders have died for their cause(s) and one must be prepared for that if they pose to make a significant difference.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor
You do know that the flip side of making enemies is that you will make a lot of new friends who are of a like mind. Alone I am able to do little to make a difference in the big picture, but bundle me with a few people who have similar values and beliefs and you would be amazed at the results of hard work.
If you are rooting out corruption in gubermint---yeah, you'll make some folks mad. Been there, done that and been called some pretty serious names in the local newspaper by the targeted officials. But those people doing the name calling were the ones who were judged guilty in a court of law, some even spent time in the barred hotel. A group as small as half a dozen people who are dedicated workers can make a big difference in exposing corruption.
If you want to make changes with a social issue like homelessness or decent, affordable housing all you need do is find an organization that works in your community. In our community we have a very active chapter of Habitat for Humanity. There's no feeling in the world like standing in front of a home completed with the help of the community; it has a bit of the same spirit that my parents felt at a barn-raising.
Every community has loads of opportunity to make a real difference. There are groups of people out there who will put whatever talent or skill you have to offer to work. In return, you will have the opportunity to meet and learn from a whole host of people you might not otherwise ever encounter. You will be blessed and your community will be just a little better for your efforts.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Sometimes, desire and choice do not cross paths.

That is very true. However, if you truly want to make changes, you can always find a way to be helpful to someone less fortunate.
You don't have to run for office. You simply have to take whatever skill or talent you have and put it to use to make your community a better place. It could be that you just police the litter from the sidewalk or the roadside in your daily routine. It could mean drop off a box of groceries at the local food bank if you have a few bucks left over at the end of the month. It could be donating blood at the local blood drive.
If your talents run to leadership and organization, by all means, run for office or form a group to work on the problems you see. But it isn't necessary to be a leader to make a difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Quoted from: (Mahatma Gandhi)...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

I agree.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I want peace, understanding, hope, kindness and love to dominate the world, I'm sick of racism, violence, hate, lack of understanding, selfishness and greed taking over the world...

I choice to work with kids who may not have the best family lives to try and 'fix' the root of people's problems (in my opinions it usually starts in childhood). I wanted them to be the best they can be, to simple love themselves and others. I hoped to make a difference in their lives, support them in becoming amazing humans, and give them hope for people... Realistically that's hasnt always happened, some of them live in filth or they have abusive parents, or are seriously neglected, one can only do so much, parents and the environment are the number one influence in children's lives. I've tried but I haven't been able to 'fix' every child that comes my way.

Sigh... It breaks my heart... I want to figure out what more I can do to support people in loving themselves. Unfortunately you can't always fix things everything, even if you want to.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I agree. We can complain, pray, holler, whatever. Until there is an ACTION, nothing will change
edit on 8-12-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join