It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order Followers, Drones, Robotic Thinking People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Mark Passio introduced me to this concept. Ive heard and read about it but not within the context he talks about and with the depth he takes the idea. We all know people just doing their job and following orders is a major problem. The typical analogy is the Nazi's.

"Would you kill the jews if it was an order?"

Or something along those lines. I'm sure one of you can think of a better example and feel free to add it please do. Even a modern example or an example thats relevant to todays discussion like a police incident. Feel free.

For those of you who dont know what im talking about please listen to his latest podcast.

What on Earth is Happening

Now you may not agree with EVERYTHING he says but im just using this as a frame of reference with the point being a discussion on the topic of people just following orders.

He believes that you have to take responsibility for your actions and thoughts and not allow yourself to be commanded by other people without first contemplating if the action is right or wrong.

Living this idea out requires you to be very grounded and you have to set aside your ego a lot and accept the consequences of going against the grain.

I find this topic very alluring. I think this is the type of warrior culture like mindset we need and we need to make this revolution a revolution of the self and how we manage our consciousness in this world.
edit on 12/7/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Greetings-

"If You want to awaken ALL of humanity, then awaken ALL of YourSelf, if You want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate ALL that is dark and negative in YourSelf. Truly, the greatest gift You have to give is that of Your own self-transformation." Lao Tzu

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I agree. I for one don't accept the consequences of going against the grain. I want to have my cake and eat it too.
And you can, too! Change comes from within not from outside yourself.

join