It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you learned on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I’m quickly approaching my 4th anniversary as a member. I’ve had one post that received mod attention. I’ve received one “applause.” For the most part my posts do not receive notice, and that’s cool.
I found this site looking for bigfoot, and after a few years, felt opinionated enough to enter in to the debate.

I’ve learned:

Most alleged chupacabras are mangy known animals.

Mars rocks are just rocks.

People want to believe.

Youtube and any Wiki are not great sources, but Wikipedia is good in some occasions, and youtube has videos. . .

Arguing religion and politics are not likely to reach a consensus regardless of what you consider proof.

Members like/interact with certain other members, but everyone is invited to have fun on any thread.

Mods have an impossible job, but rise to the occasion.

Some members on here are very patient trying to help other members understand known facts.

I do not know of a more civil website to exchange ideas.

Happy holidays to you all, and please share what you’ve learned.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Before I joined ATS I had never came across the words shill and troll, or some acronyms like imho. Popping my internet forum cherry was an eye opener.

Thanks ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've learned that you can use bacon and Daryl Dixon to become known as the "nice" mod - even though you're the one who removes the most posts.

Oh that and rocks on Mars are always something other than rocks on Mars.

Oh and the NSA is watching.

Oh and they like Rueben sammiches for lunch. But we refuse to let them have bacon if they ask for it 'cuz to Hell with the NSA.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I've learned that you can use bacon and Daryl Dixon to become known as the "nice" mod - even though you're the one who removes the most posts.

Oh and they like Rueben sammiches for lunch. But we refuse to let them have bacon if they ask for it 'cuz to Hell with the NSA.

Glad to see you around again. And you are right, on mars a rock is not a rock.
edit on 7-12-2014 by randomtangentsrme because: added comma

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've learned that every theory I get comfortable with and think it has a loud ring of truth to it, that there will come along another thread with another theory that will make me question the previous one that I was so sure of. LOL Then I have to start researching all over again... That is how my addiction to ATS is held in a death grip.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've learned there really is good and bad in all walks of life...

Some people on ATS are fantastic.

Some are proper jerk offs... & Some might consider me one of them also...

Still no better than ATS though.
The Internet would be s# without ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I have learned that the world is what we make of it, but first we must view it through varying perceptions and avoid discounting other beliefs upon first impression. I have witnessed acceptance, humility, and cooperation on ATS far more than arrogance, ingorance, and ridicule. I enjoy members who stand firm on their posts and replies, as there is no need to assimilate to another's beliefs just to be in the majority. A majority consensus can change in an instant and it is our responsibility as ATS members to pursue knowledge, most importantly the knowledge of how to mingle our minds and coexist. I thoroughly enjoy that pursuit, which ATS affords us the venue to do, if we so choose. We are creating new culture here, mostly good. Tolerence and direction awaits with each thread, and every now and then, aha moments seize the day.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've learned the MODs are pretty lenient because I have my fair share of warnings/post removals. I also have had a good amount of applause so maybe it balances.

There are a wide assortment of subjects I have been introduced to here it has been a good experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

I do not recognize your name. But a greeting to you however belated. I like what you've said and I hope to get into a discussion with you at some point.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I have learned that I know nothing. That is all.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I've learned that some people love to read between the lines and assume they know what you think.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I have certainly seen that as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
And reply to: randomtangentsrme

Iv learned that you build giant playhouses for fictional characters

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I have learned that my ultimate goal is to kill all humans, baby... that .. wait, that's from watching futurama.. hmm

I guess I have learned that when something big goes down, this place explodes. That beats facebook

Oh and bacon is a delicious weapon against terrorism.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
-Research is important. Look for several sources instead of believing what only one says.

-Always back up your claims.

-Be open minded. You can always learn stuff from people.

-Respect is important. Although sometimes there are arguments here, this is one of the best discussion forums I've participated in.

-We were all new once. New members are eager to learn, be patient, and offer a hand if you can.

I've been here for 5 years and it's a great community. Members have been polite and understanding to me, and if I needed anything they were always willing to help.

Thank you for everything, ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

I am a theatrical stagehand with my primary focus currently building sets for plays. If you know of a better way to put it I'm all ears

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

I am a theatrical stagehand with my primary focus currently building sets for plays. If you know of a better way to put it I'm all ears

Errrrm how about: I am a theatrical stagehand with my primary focus currently building sets for plays...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I've learned that some people love to read between the lines and assume they know what you think.

Don't think I didn't read between the lines and see what you're really saying....

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Set drink down before reading posts / threads to avoid a. Choking from laughing b. wasting alcohol choking while laughing ...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

What's the fun in that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join