It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the "favourite" and "subscribe" buttons missing from mobile version of the website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I want to know how other members that use mobile devices feel about this. I personally dont always want to make a reply or load the web version everytime to subscribe to or favourote a thread. Call me lazy, but i dont see why they cant be added to the mobile version of the website, it wouod improve user experience imo.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Just asking but...if you size-down your page...make it a bit smaller...then are they there?

Ive no issue with them on my mobile....

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

On chrome if i click request desktop version it loads the desktop version of the site, which works fine but it just seemed odd that they didnt include the subscribe and favourite buttons in the mobile version. Ive just realised my ats is also more basic and only includes subscribed threads, no favourites or board and business questions or breaking news sections. So that possibly explains something, but i don't see why my ats has to be more basic too.

edit on 7 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey there...that is odd. Send a mod or two a U2U P.M. about this. They can be very helpful. Good luck...MS

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Agreed. I brought up the lack of info on avatars the other day. Not sure they could cram all the avatar stuff into a mobile friendly view, but at least make it so if I tap somebody's name I can see their info.

I think the mobile platform is good, but basic. Helps pass time when I can't get on my laptop, but it is lacking in a few areas. I know next to nothing about programming though, and am frankly just happy there's a mobile version of the site at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
PS. Im not entirely sure these are missing for everyone on mobile. Ck that out too...best MS

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Working fine on my mobile device. Screen shot perhaps?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

If yer referring to the forum subscribe/favorite button, it only works if you do so within a thread on the forum you want to favorite...mobile or not.

top topics

join