It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else find it strange that when our media refers to the president they call him MR. OBAMA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Terims

was just bad manors and poor educate.

Sorry had to point out the irony.

But, why should we address them by their titles anymore? What have they done to deserve it? Times have changed and good old manors are a thing of the past....and you may have a point about him not being a legit president...or maybe he is..who knows?

For me...even with the worst of presidents, they deserve the title...Not because of them personally, but because the Office of The President belongs to us, the people, from George Washington to present day. Those that occupy that office, simply occupy it. It is a strictly mandated temporary position by the people's will. But the Office of the President itself is as old and enduring as our Democracy...so, despite how effed up it is at times, I love this country and I salute the flag and honor the Office of the President, even if I don't have full respect for any given occupant. To abase the office of the president means it is OK to do so for all past and future presidents. Just my 2 cents.

It's absolutely correct to refer to the President as Mr. President or Mr. (surname). Even the Queen is referred to a Ma'am after first referring to her as Your Majesty. Get over it. The slight is in your imagination.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

For me...even with the worst of presidents, they deserve the title...Not because of them personally, but because the Office of The President belongs to us, the people,

Very true, then isn't it time we as the people had some say in the running of said office? Held people accountable in that office for wrongs? Isn't it time we the people had a voice in that office? Until then, I don't think the title is worth the breath it takes to say it!!

We can not demand the occupants of the office be worthy of the office, while at the same time degrading the office itself.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Indigo5

was just bad manors and poor educate.

Sorry had to point out the irony.

But, why should we address them by their titles anymore? What have they done to deserve it? Times have changed and good old manors are a thing of the past....and you may have a point about him not being a legit president...or maybe he is..who knows?

For me...even with the worst of presidents, they deserve the title...Not because of them personally, but because the Office of The President belongs to us, the people, from George Washington to present day. Those that occupy that office, simply occupy it. It is a strictly mandated temporary position by the people's will. But the Office of the President itself is as old and enduring as our Democracy...so, despite how effed up it is at times, I love this country and I salute the flag and honor the Office of the President, even if I don't have full respect for any given occupant. To abase the office of the president means it is OK to do so for all past and future presidents. Just my 2 cents.

It's absolutely correct to refer to the President as Mr. President or Mr. (surname). Even the Queen is referred to a Ma'am after first referring to her as Your Majesty. Get over it. The slight is in your imagination.

I spoke to my personal opinion. Thus a paragraph that began with "for me.." and ended with "my 2 cents"..I did not demand you think otherwise. So I have nothing to get over and no "slight" occupying my imagination?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The "real" Barack Obama died in July 2012. His birthday was August 4th, and Michelle had already e-mailed everyone about multiple campaign and birthday bashes that weekend in Chicago.

Come Saturday, August 4th, absolutely nothing going on in Chicago, and Michelle and the girls have totally disappeared on hubby/daddy's birthday. And Biden disappeared for a week, probably into "secure hiding" as he was the next legal heir to the Oval Office.

Only photos I could find of "Mr." Obama on August 4th, 2012, was his body-double arriving from Indonesia at Andrews AFB with a half dozen agents in ballcaps and sunglasses. He was taken to Camp David to be brought up to speed, but Michelle and the girls were no where in site. (This photo popped up on Cryptome, but has since disappeared, of course.)

So this is another one of those "only those in the know, know, but everyone else suspects." Doubt this if you wish. But if you know anyone in Chicago or Wash. DC, call them up and ask.

(NOTE: Even with the British Royals in town, Prince William and Kate, Michelle's a no show. While Will met with "Mr." Obama, Kate spent the day with the First Lady ... of New York City. Very odd.)

news.yahoo.com...
KATE VISITS NYC KIDS; PRINCE WILLIAM JOINS OBAMA
The royal pair attended a reception by Hillary and Chelsea, and chatted with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Not one word about Michelle. Strange.

edit on 9-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarity

edit on 9-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: more content

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What I find as most deceptive and rather arrogant is the continuation of calling someone by their prior government or military title. Such as referring to citizen Jimmy Carter as President Carter or former Governor Jesse Ventura as Governor Ventura or some retired judge as Judge so and so. These are just examples and I could list more but I do believe you all get my drift.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It is proper and acceptable practice to only refer to the official title when introducing the subject. After that, normal salutations or even referencing a last name is perfectly fine.

Mountains out of a molehill

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

I'm glad we're the first to know about the switcheroo. Do keep us posted. It's this kind of thing that makes ATS worthwhile.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join