It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else find it strange that when our media refers to the president they call him MR. OBAMA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah like the Dan RAtherss faking news stories, and too many other numerous examples exist.

Dan Rather,
Micheal Moore,
Jon Stewart,
George Cloony,
Bill Maher,

This is an interesting read of examples of how firmly entrenched in Obama's buttcheeks the media is:
markhumphrys.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah like the Dan RAtherss faking news stories, and too many other numerous examples exist.

Dan Rather,
Micheal Moore,
Jon Stewart,
George Cloony,
Bill Maher,

This is an interesting read of examples of how firmly entrenched in Obama's buttcheeks the media is:
markhumphrys.com...

And the biggest difference is none of those 'critics' had the DOJ, and IRS sicced on them.

But they don't care.

Like D'nesh D'Souza, and James Rosen.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Mostly right wing media, but it's been starting to drift into left wing media as well.

The right wing media aren't smart enough to realize that when they refer to the President as "Mr." they're disrespecting the OFFICE of the Presidency, not the person who holds that office.

FOX NEWS still calls the half term Governor and failed VP candidate "Governor Palin" to this day, and refers to every other President correctly (even "President Clinton") but refuse to refer to a second term President as "President Obama".

Even leaders of North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela and Iran all get called by their official titles by FOX, but not their own President.

In the Middle Ages, FOX NEWS anchors would have been tried for HIgh Treason and faced some of the worst penalties ever devised by any legal system in history.

That's to make it easier for the blonde bimbos at Fox News to read the talking points. Mr. is only two syllables as opposed to the three syllable Pres-id-ent.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, if somebody doesn't like the President's policies...

They must watch Fox News ?

They are by far the most watched Cable News.

So, everyone that watches Fox News is being duped by and is too stupid to realize ?

I don't get it. See if I got this right.

Fox = Stupid

CNN, MSNBC = Smart

Sounds kind of shortsighted to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fox News commentator calls Obama a 'skinny, ghetto crackhead' on air
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fox also was the first to examine the infamous "fist Bump" speculating on whether it was a terrorist greeting.

Glen beck called President Obama a racist.

On May 25, 2008, Fox News political contributor Liz Trotta stated on the air, while talking about the presidential election, "And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, uh Obama. Well, both, if we could."; she then laughed

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fox also was the first to examine the infamous "fist Bump" speculating on whether it was a terrorist greeting.

On May 25, 2008, Fox News political contributor Liz Trotta stated on the air, while talking about the presidential election, "And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, uh Obama. Well, both, if we could."; she then laughed

But, you are being just like Jonathon Gruber.

Do you think people are too stupid realize when they are being fed propaganda ?

You seem to suggest viewers are too stupid to know the difference.

Propaganda is all the Media has been spewing for a decade or more.

And, it comes from both sides. You know that.

The "You must watch Fox" thing is getting a little old to me.

It's an insult veiled in a false sense of enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree. The whole "You must watch FAUXNEWS" thing is tired and old. And I hate Fox News. Hell, I hate CNN and MSNBC too.

The whole "24-hour Breaking News Network" experiment should be shuttered. With the advent of social media and citizen journalists, it's almost a vestigial organ of the archaic news stations of the 60's and 70's. They all spin a story, and push an agenda, because that's how they stay employed. Everything is Urgent, Breaking, Alerting, Shocking, etc.

They pick divisive stories and play them 24/7, because they know it will generate ad revenue. While you can occasionally glean some useful information from it's murky depths, it's often not worth putting on your hip-waders and venturing into that sea of BS.
edit on 8-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

LOL yep!

People are too dumb to make up their own minds.

It's better to act like Nazi's,and 'burn the books' they don't like.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Indigo5
www.dailymail.co.uk...

But, you are being just like Jonathon Gruber.

Who is that?

Yes.

You seem to suggest viewers are too stupid to know the difference.

Not suggestion, the facts speak for themselves. The vast bulk of viewers are incapable of being able to tell when they are being lied to. One part gullibility, one part allowing their emotional centers to over-ride their logic centers. What they "want to be true" vs. the facts.

Propaganda is all the Media has been spewing for a decade or more.

And, it comes from both sides. You know that.

Ever since news went from "public service" to "profit center" that requires Ratings+Predictable Demographic = Profits. So Divide and tell them what they want to hear. That said, the left leaning media does bias...the right leaning media does crazy ass BS, like Pres. Obama being a terrorist born in Kenya.

The "You must watch Fox" thing is getting a little old to me.

It's an insult veiled in a false sense of enlightenment.

I don't watch TV news. If something catches my attention I read a little about it...if it really catches my attention I research it and find the SOURCES and Docs, Numbers whatever..

What I don't do is declare that President Obama was born in Kenya and is a Terrorist...cuz some guy with nice hair on Fox News told me so...So yah...people watch Fox and Believe BS...and most of the time when people claim BS here, without any sources...it is because someone at FOX, CNS, Briebart et al told them so...and they have no evidence. Hell sometimes they even provide the talking head as a source...even though the talking head has no source and is just BSING..Literally, they are like...Glen Beck said it, so it is true!

So a big YES...people believe BS every day.
edit on 8-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL yep!

People are too dumb to make up their own minds.

It's better to act like Nazi's,and 'burn the books' they don't like.

Yes...Demanding honesty in news is just so damn Nazi like!

Propaganda is FREEDOM!!

Some crazy folk around here...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Some people are ignorant.

However, to throw everyone watching Fox in the same group is misguided.

I get what you are saying... Just trying to point out its not unique to Fox.

Both sides suffer from people that believe everything they hear on the News.

I do respect your opinion...

*Gruber is the guy who wrote Obamacare and claimed he had to deceive the Public.

Cause, we are too stupid to know what is good for us.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Honesty in politics ?

What a GD joke.

Can't blame the media for that.

There is no such thing as honesty in politics.

Dunno why some think there is.

As Tsun Tzu says 'All warfare is based on deception'.

And politics is a WAR of ideology.

The entire aim of practical politics is two sides convincing the 'mob' they are better than the other side.

It's a GD farce.

But some people choose to wine about 'fox news'.

To repeat WHAT A GD JOKE.
edit on 8-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

*Gruber is the guy who wrote Obamacare and claimed he had to deceive the Public.

Cause, we are too stupid to know what is good for us.

Ahh, yes. I remember that name now. I watched the video's and got a sample of the things he said and his background. He advised Romney on the Mass healthcare bill and was tapped for ACA/Obamacare.

Now...my take away from that was...he was tapped for numbers and models and contributed that much. He is an academic and as best I can tell an ass to boot. He definitely likes the sound of his own voice and has an inflated opinion of himself.

Did he significantly contribute to ACA? yes. The numbers model that it was based on was largely what he modeled out for Mass under Romney. Did he "write ACA"...that is a real reach, and a convenient one when he makes an ass of himself and lets his arrogance get the better of him and says something as obnoxious as he did and something that supports the right wing's theme on Obamacare. He built the numbers model..other people actually "Wrote the Law" aka translated his model into policy and legislation.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Some people are ignorant.

However, to throw everyone watching Fox in the same group is misguided.

I get what you are saying... Just trying to point out its not unique to Fox.

You are right...and I don't throw "everyone watching Fox in the same group". Yes there are people that watch Fox News or MSNBC and receive it as fluff for pseudo-amusement...or because at some level having their world-view affirmed by people with nice teeth in suits just makes them "feel" so damn smart and right!

A lot of people engage in healthy skepticism of what they are told by the media...but what percentage? It is no joke that huge segments of the population don't know jack about our government or the world. Fox News or MSNBC is about as deep as a lot of people ever go...for them that is some damn good, deep, sophisticated coverage...complete with real, live news anchor looking people!

OK..I am a little pessimistic about the average American's ability to smell BS...so I will stop there and turn off the sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Honesty in politics ?

What a GD joke.

Can't blame the media for that.

Yes, I can. You expect Politicans to be full of crap...the News that covers them is SUPPOSED to reconcile that BS, not place a cherry and whip cream on top and feed it to us.

You seem to be excusing FOX news for it's BS because politicians BS? Conflating the two for convenience? Although in fairness Fox News in recent years has made a habit of blurring the lines between politicians, candidates and hosts...Palin, Huckabee et al. So I guess it is fair to view some outlets as one amorphous news/politicians BS outlet.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Havent had TV for 6 months...YEP he's an infiltrator ,still.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terims

was just bad manors and poor educate.

Sorry had to point out the irony.

But, why should we address them by their titles anymore? What have they done to deserve it? Times have changed and good old manors are a thing of the past....and you may have a point about him not being a legit president...or maybe he is..who knows?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Terims

was just bad manors and poor educate.

Sorry had to point out the irony.

But, why should we address them by their titles anymore? What have they done to deserve it? Times have changed and good old manors are a thing of the past....and you may have a point about him not being a legit president...or maybe he is..who knows?

For me...even with the worst of presidents, they deserve the title...Not because of them personally, but because the Office of The President belongs to us, the people, from George Washington to present day. Those that occupy that office, simply occupy it. It is a strictly mandated temporary position by the people's will. But the Office of the President itself is as old and enduring as our Democracy...so, despite how effed up it is at times, I love this country and I salute the flag and honor the Office of the President, even if I don't have full respect for any given occupant. To abase the office of the president means it is OK to do so for all past and future presidents. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

For me...even with the worst of presidents, they deserve the title...Not because of them personally, but because the Office of The President belongs to us, the people,

Very true, then isn't it time we as the people had some say in the running of said office? Held people accountable in that office for wrongs? Isn't it time we the people had a voice in that office? Until then, I don't think the title is worth the breath it takes to say it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join