It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel Evacuated After Intentional Chemical Leak

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

well I do thank you for that but trust me I have no concerns with what others think of who I am/what I do

but regardless...to the point, there is no pool at this hotel

I am assuming then that since they still consider this intentional that the suspected 'gas' must have been placed there?

Phage, I have trusted your science for quite some time...and others as well

I have heard a few things that I may not be googling well enough

One person suggested AC Roof unit? Is there even chlorine gas in an rooftop AC unit?

Also, how would someone deliver chlorine gas enough to cause FF meters to register it in 'high' amounts?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Not so oddly, it seems they do.

Heated Indoor Pool

www.chicago-downtown.com...

The swimming pool is indoors, while outdoor recreation include a sundeck and jogging trails.

www.citysearch.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah, I thought it would have been pretty strange. Went and looked at their website and didn't see anything about a pool anywhere, then Googled and someone had asked why no pool. Thought I saw someone who was there on another site saying there was no pool.

The Gym and the Hyatt Regency club was next to the lobby. It felt a little strange to have to walk through the lobby on my way to a work out. The Gym was nice. I was surprised the property did not offer a pool.

Link. Apparently the person was misinformed.

Hey, mind going back and reading my edit? Want your opinion.
edit on 0720141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

something is wrong here...not claiming conspiracy at all I promise

I've been in every inch of that hotel and never seen an indoor pool

That dome structure IS in that hotel, but underneath it are a good 15-20 conference rooms

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Also, I thought if you mixed a little something with chlorine it would produce gas. Was under the impression even mixing powder or granules or whatever with water was actually fairly dangerous.
Not really. Mix pool chlorine powder with water and you get, basically (get it?), bleach.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I've been in every inch of that hotel and never seen an indoor pool

I'm not one to doubt first hand experience but because you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't have gotten it if you hadn't pointed it out. Groaned and laughed.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Been hearing all about this. I've seen a few reports from others who were at the hotel who also said they found it strange that there would be chlorine powder at the hotel considering it doesn't have a pool.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Because some idiot thought it was an actual Fur Trade Show.
I wasn't gonna say how stupid that is, but, 2nd line. People are stupid.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

well I mean let's be frank...this IS ATS and this IS the net :-)

A little doubt is a good thing

ohare.hyatt.com...
ohare.hyatt.com...

I haven't found anything yet

but out of curiosity...if there was a pool, would that change anything?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

but out of curiosity...if there was a pool, would that change anything?

Yeah, kinda. Would make it more likely to be an accident since they use that stuff in pools.

I'm seeing conflicting things on the pool front. Either way I'm doubting there is a pool that high up so someone being a douche or worse remains plausible to me even if there is a pool.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Chlorine tanks can be moved. But, I have to backtrack a bit. Water won't do it but:

Fire Chief Thomas Colangelo said a maintenance worker accidentally poured a one-gallon container of muriatic acid into 20 gallons of liquid chlorine in a 50-gallon drum that feeds the pool chlorination system at the school at 910 Hyde Park Blvd.

www.buffalonews.com...

It would probably have the same effect with powdered chlorine. I've used muriatic acid. It's nasty stuff. If someone wanted to poison furries there are safer ways to do it.

edit on 12/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Mixing ammonia with chlorine (i.e. bleach) will produce a derivative of chlorine gas called, "chloramine vapor". It is very toxic and is in an invisible gaseous form. Breathing it will cause a burning in your airways an lungs, increased mucous formation in the airway, and watering/burning of the eyes. Trust me, I know from first-hand experience. While cleaning a particularly nasty college shower stall, I accidentally used two cleaners that contained each ingredient. The effect was instantaneous, invisible, and had I not got out of that room in time, I would have had serious internal burn injuries in my lungs.

More detail on the combo
edit on 12/7/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Indeed. Another toxic combination.
Still, to affect a large gathering in a fairly open space...

Need more facts.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Indeed. Another toxic combination.

Need more facts.

It doesn't take much of that gas to affect you at all. And, in this case, the ingredients are pretty common to acquire. If done int he stairwell, it would waft its way to multiple floors. All it takes is someone inhaling a little to feel the burn, and call in the emergency. From a purely "terror" perspective, it matters not the effectiveness of the spread of the item, but the spread of the fear is the goal. Fear spreads a lot faster and is more terrifying than the original cause....and that is the goal if this was some sort of person(s) attempting to terrorize the event goers.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm guessing someone doesn't like furries? That would be my guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Correct on all counts. And plausible.

Furries as the terrorist target? I would think the perps have far more serious issues than the furries may.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I was sort of under the impression not many were actually affected, and that those who were probably traversed the staircase. Those staircases seem fairly cramped most of the time, and also seem to always lack adequate ventilation. I have smelled some things in stairways. Horrible, unmentionable things. Hold me Phage.

Agree, more facts are needed. I can see this being an accident and the party responsible scared as # to come forward.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Correct on all counts. And plausible.

Furries as the terrorist target? I would think the perps have far more serious issues than the furries may.

I would not put it past any "anti-fur / PETA" extremist to do this at a "furry" convention. And, someone that would think of doing this would probably not be smart enough to know that a furry convention is not about actual furs.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

And, someone that would think of doing this would probably not be smart enough to know that a furry convention is not about actual furs.

Now that goes far beyond "plausible." And I don't mean in the "im" direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join