It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War On Marijuana Coming To An End

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
First off let me go on record saying that customers whom feed what is going on in Mexico to get their kicks deserve every kind of punishment they get.

However I am glad to see that the cartels are taken out the equation by legalising drugs, which are easily accessible as it is. If Mexico follow suits maybe Mexico itself can provide large part of the buisness and create legal jobs rather than being taken out of the picture.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

US War on Marijuana coming to an end.... It's time to surrender to marijuana. Their army was just too big. When we wave the white flag, will it be made of rolling paper?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko
As I pointed out in my original posting, I have seen first hand and have talked about every point on the 4 seperate points for and against the legalization of Marijuana.

Are you so heartless as to hate children? Are not the lives of children more important than the person selfish persute of pleasure?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Have you ever worked with hard core drug abusers? Been around anyone who has done meth, or herione? Seen a person who has been hooked on crack coc aine? I have. It is not pretty, it is not nice, and ultimately all of them state the same thine: They started with the use of marijuana. But the high that they got was not enough, and then they started to look at more and more of the hard core drugs.

I did not make that statement that you referred to, idely, but with clear cut knowledge of such. And these people had no reason to lie to me, as it would get them no where.

Not all uses of Marijuana go onto the more hard core drugs, but all of those who have used and abused the more hard core drugs have done pot at one point and time, and usually before they started the hard core drugs.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Are you so heartless as to hate children? Are not the lives of children more important than the person selfish persute of pleasure?

Ah the good ole "what about the children?" defense. I just authored this thread last week. Legalization of Marijuana: What About the Kids?

Also, personal anecdotes don't trump scientific evidence. Your points against marijuana are all wrong. I even went a head and proved one wrong. You didn't post any evidence to back up your claims.

Here's your gateway drug myth:
Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die
Marijuana: 7 Health Myths Up in Smoke
Marijuana: The Gateway Drug Myth
edit on 8-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Have you ever worked with hard core drug abusers? Been around anyone who has done meth, or herione? Seen a person who has been hooked on crack coc aine? I have. It is not pretty, it is not nice, and ultimately all of them state the same thine: They started with the use of marijuana. But the high that they got was not enough, and then they started to look at more and more of the hard core drugs.

I did not make that statement that you referred to, idely, but with clear cut knowledge of such. And these people had no reason to lie to me, as it would get them no where.

Not all uses of Marijuana go onto the more hard core drugs, but all of those who have used and abused the more hard core drugs have done pot at one point and time, and usually before they started the hard core drugs.

You almost got it right. Except...

The reason many go on to harder drugs is because they get it from a drug dealer.

My "Illegal Drug Dealer" introduced me to everything he could sell.

When it is kept underground there are absolutely no rules.

The Collective system is working...and, they don't sell Meth at my Collective.

You need an ID and a prescription. These rules are not debatable.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Perhaps you may want to do what I did, use Google, go out and be a manager of a business who has to hire and fire people, volunteer in an orgazniation that helps people and actually talk to people before you state that such is it is invalid or wrong.

Smoking is considered bad, cities on both coasts of the USA turn around and are in the process of banning it from use anywhere and everywhere, yet you would not think that the same argument could not and would not be applied to that of the use against Marijuana? After all if a person can not light up a cigarette in say a park, then why is it acceptable to light up a joint in a park? Are you so blind as to believe and think that it is acceptable to expose children to such? It is already illegal in most states near school zones, would now encourage a child to become hooked on a narcotic when they need not to be? Are you so heartless as to hate children? The first point that I made is very valid about the hypocrisy of banning smoking, but to allow for marijuana to be used in public spaces.

2) This is not mere conjecture, but a simple fact. If parents and adults have access to and use of, then so do the children. Many children often will follow in their parents shoes, often with things like smoking and drinking. People in Colorado and Washington are not using such in a shop, but out in the open and in their home, and if there are children present, such children are getting a hold of such and using it as well.

3) Moderation may be the key to anything, the reality is that when are people, in their youth, moderate with anything? We all know drunk driving is wrong, yet people still overindulge in such. Everyone knows smoking is bad, yet there are still heavy smokers out there. Many people know that over eating can lead to obesity, yet if that is the case, they why are the not being moderate in what they consume and put into their body? The reality is that many people do not exercise moderation in anything until it hurts them and then they start on taking it alot easier. And with something addictive, it can alot harder to cut back, to be more in moderation than many other things out there.

4) Yes it is a gateway drug. That and prescription drugs that are pumped into children that should not be, but it is one of the leading causes for people to try some of the other more hard core drugs out there.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have you ever worked with any drug users before? I mean those who are hooked on the more hard stuff? I have, and it is not pretty, and what I can tell you is what they told me. They started when they were younger with pot. Do to client confidentality, I am not allowed to go into details on such, beyond what I have already stated.

Now you can accept it or not, but there is one other reality that you need to come to grips with: You want this legalized, you are going to have to convience people like me about such. What can be voted in, can easily be voted out. And be it that you want to think that I am wrong, the other little fact of the matter is that the federal government is watching states like Colorado and Watshington and other states where it was legalized. Very closely, cause it does not matter if it is legal in those states or not. As long as the federal government says it is illegal, they have the trump card, and can put pressure to bear on the individual states, as I believe federal law trumphs state laws in all maters. And if the federal government goes in, then it becomes a federal crime, that carries a harsher penalty.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
No, it is not. If anything the effects on the brain and chemistry of the body are alot different for those who drink, and those that do drugs.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Perhaps you may want to do what I did, use Google, go out and be a manager of a business who has to hire and fire people, volunteer in an orgazniation that helps people and actually talk to people before you state that such is it is invalid or wrong.

Doing that won't change the fact that anecdotal evidence is faulty. That is just a fact of life.

Smoking is considered bad, cities on both coasts of the USA turn around and are in the process of banning it from use anywhere and everywhere, yet you would not think that the same argument could not and would not be applied to that of the use against Marijuana? After all if a person can not light up a cigarette in say a park, then why is it acceptable to light up a joint in a park? Are you so blind as to believe and think that it is acceptable to expose children to such? It is already illegal in most states near school zones, would now encourage a child to become hooked on a narcotic when they need not to be? Are you so heartless as to hate children? The first point that I made is very valid about the hypocrisy of banning smoking, but to allow for marijuana to be used in public spaces.

I never said that Marijuana was harmless. I was just dispelling the myths that you SPECIFICALLY mentioned. Did you read the thread that I posted?

2) This is not mere conjecture, but a simple fact. If parents and adults have access to and use of, then so do the children. Many children often will follow in their parents shoes, often with things like smoking and drinking. People in Colorado and Washington are not using such in a shop, but out in the open and in their home, and if there are children present, such children are getting a hold of such and using it as well.

Children can get marijuana WAY easier when the drug is illegal. All a kid has to do is go to his dealer and give him some money and he'll get a bag, no questions asked. When it is legal, there are age minimum laws. The "what about the children defense" is so stupid... Please read that thread I posted before spewing more ignorance.

3) Moderation may be the key to anything, the reality is that when are people, in their youth, moderate with anything? We all know drunk driving is wrong, yet people still overindulge in such. Everyone knows smoking is bad, yet there are still heavy smokers out there. Many people know that over eating can lead to obesity, yet if that is the case, they why are the not being moderate in what they consume and put into their body? The reality is that many people do not exercise moderation in anything until it hurts them and then they start on taking it alot easier. And with something addictive, it can alot harder to cut back, to be more in moderation than many other things out there.

Sounds like a personal problem to me and not a government problem.

4) Yes it is a gateway drug. That and prescription drugs that are pumped into children that should not be, but it is one of the leading causes for people to try some of the other more hard core drugs out there.

I just posted THREE links that say you are wrong. You have posted NONE that back up, well ANY of your claims, yet you seem to think that your argument can hold water. Go do some research and come back. You sound foolish. Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Just another unjust war I'd like to America finally end.

For what it's worth, I taught a class at a law school which shall remain unnamed a few years back. The class was titled "The War on Drugs: A Critical Legal Analysis." We had a DEA agent of 20 years come into class one day and while he would not comment on record, he did insist off the record that marijuana was being slid down the priority pole because the Agency fully expected complete legalization within 5 to 10 years. That was 5 years ago. So there it is, for what it's worth.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Fine try to vote it out then cry when you realize your views are what one in a trillion? We've put up with this nonsense for so long. Weed is not heroin, it is not meth and it most certainly isn't alcohol or tobacco. There's personal responsibility and it matters no matter what a person does. I deal with a person who says it's addictive and quite frankly, she has a very addictive, irresponsible, childish personality. Had mental problems, noticed weed "makes a difference" then she "got hooked on it". No she didn't. She developed a habit for it. People don't know the difference. Also she doesn't know the difference between weed and heroin, etc.

People feel the need to stick their noses into everything others do, there's no room for personal freedom, no room for personal responsibility. The media wants us to think people who use it are endless junk food eaters, lazy, glassy eyed, repetitive slackers who do nothing. Is there any wonder why Cheech & Chong became so popular (besides being used to make users look ridiculously slow and stupid?)?

If the federal government cares so much about states deciding weed rights.......Why Does DC have A MEDICAL PROGRAM OF THEIR OWN?

Do as I say, not as I do. I'm sure they smoke in the White House, if a citizen smokes in their house.......

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Have you ever worked with any drug users before? I mean those who are hooked on the more hard stuff? I have, and it is not pretty, and what I can tell you is what they told me. They started when they were younger with pot. Do to client confidentality, I am not allowed to go into details on such, beyond what I have already stated.

Irrelevant. Anecdotes are a form of subjective evidence, and that ISN'T a valid measure of reality. Again do some real research. I have plenty of anecdotes that say you are wrong, but I haven't mentioned any of them because I know they are useless to the conversation.

Now you can accept it or not, but there is one other reality that you need to come to grips with: You want this legalized, you are going to have to convience people like me about such. What can be voted in, can easily be voted out. And be it that you want to think that I am wrong, the other little fact of the matter is that the federal government is watching states like Colorado and Watshington and other states where it was legalized. Very closely, cause it does not matter if it is legal in those states or not. As long as the federal government says it is illegal, they have the trump card, and can put pressure to bear on the individual states, as I believe federal law trumphs state laws in all maters. And if the federal government goes in, then it becomes a federal crime, that carries a harsher penalty.

Yes you are right, I DO have to convince you. That is why I have provided sources to try to educate you to the truth of the situation. Yet you continue to delude yourself so you can believe your preconceived biases. I can only lead the horse to water. It has to make the decision to drink or not.
edit on 8-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If my kid was to go out on Friday Night...

I would much prefer they had a bud and ended up at Taco Bell.

Than a case of Beer and they end up in Jail or worse.

The flower is harmless...Unless being hungry is a crime.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Being safely happy is a crime. That's why weed's illegal and alcohol is legal. If it helps, safe, it's illegal. If it makes you think it helps, but is deadly, it's legal.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, hundreds. I've worked in a variety of therapeutic positions and have trained as a drugs treatment councillor, though in the end i worked with a client group whose primary focus was other mental difficulties. And i've known plenty of hard drug users that could not stand weed, and some who smoked crack or smack before ever being offered a bit of green. I come from an area with heavy drug use of all types and have a huge amount of personal experience in the field. You experience is personal and just anecdotal.

Not all of them, just those in your experience. The roots of seriously self abusive drug use lie in the user's history, psychology and bad choices. People don't devastate their lives on Meth because they enjoy getting a bit high on Cannabis.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Want to hear a funny one? Herb was the last drug my husband tried in his high school circle of friends. He started with hard alcohol, then tried the ol' white lines, tried the rave circuit preferences (not going to try to test the site sensors per word there) then pot. He's no addict in any sense of it, and we don't even have BEER but a few times a year. ##SNIPPED## Though I find it backwards thinking that parents like us could get completely sloshed off our arses and it's perfectly legal, but stoned and still functional and alert is illegal. I sense a critical thought disconnect here regarding the two.

You are overlooking that aspect of "addictive personalities are addicts by nature" part. I'm a slave to pretty much nothing other than nicotine, not even sugar or caffeine (I joke that I may be immune to caffeine after drinking it my whole life,but whatever) I don't have a favorite food preference because there really isn't any one single thing I prefer over another and could eat til pigs grow wings and fly. I like my coffee and that's pretty much it, and I'm currently weening myself off nicotine with strength customizable e-liquid.

Frankly, you have much bigger issues with people getting hooked on nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol than cannabis. Cannabis is a psychological addiction for those who do "need" it, akin, IMO, to someone who "needs" a certain drink or food to function. Except going cold turkey off the green stuff isn't going to run the risk of death like with, say, a hardcore boozer. Like with food cold turkey, it's moods. Big deal. I've seen friends go apeshyte needing a hershey bar, can we make those illegal before kids graduate to chocolate liqueur? Should we just make both illegal and knock out the sugar, caffeine and alcohol hooks at once? Give me a break, think for yourself and think logically for once.
edit on Mon Dec 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

There is no logic to that,
You can also say all hard drug users started of getting drunk and then went to drugs

They started with the use of marijuana. But the high that they got was not enough, and then they started to look at more and more of the hard core drugs.

Maybe the high they got was not to their liking, that's why they needed something else.
Many people believe that hard drugs give u a stronger high, but that's not the case, there are some cannabis strains that can give you an overwhelming high or stone that can knock you off every time.
Also cannabis being a psychedelic, has a totally different ''high'' than hard drugs such as coc aine, heroine, crack etc. that many people just don't like.
Although now, and for 15een years, the only drug I use is caffeine, I was a very ''curious'' teen that I tried all of them but chose to use only cannabis trough my college years and until I was in the military were I gave up.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Good. About freaking time.

So much revenue, so much saved revenue, so many people not wasting time and money and their lives with a ridiculous law.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The war on drugs is a war on the Bill of Rights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join