It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War On Marijuana Coming To An End

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
source

Somewhat misleading i know. I didnt choose the title though its from the article. I do however agree with many points.

Over 50% of Americans think Marijuana should be legalized, and 1 California case challenging the constitutionality of the DEA’s scheduling of the drug could prove instrumental in ultimately putting an end to the government’s War on Marijuana.

On 14 January 2015, 1 of the most important criminal cases regarding the status of Marijuana as a Schedule I substance will be heard at the US District Court for the Eastern District of California.

Oh good, now i have something to look forward to happening in January. yay!

The defense has called into question the Drug Enforcement Administration’s classification of Marijuana as a Schedule I substance, which means that it is considered a dangerous drug with a high potential for abuse and it has no medical use.

Obviously this is total BS. If they dont understand the evidence and see it clearly they are obviously corrupt. The science speaks for itself, and theres plenty of it these days.

This case looks to be the 1st time that this defense has been allowed to proceed since the drug classifications laws were created in the 1970s.

Reading this just made my head explode.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
And only 75 years or so past due!

It certainly seems to be moving the right direction, but with the amount of time and effort various groups have put into maintaining prohibition, I'll be very surprised if we don't see some tooth-and-nail fighting against the tide.

But merry Christmas, and here's to hope!

EDIT:
This reminds me of one of my first threads here, with the DEA at least proposing (I'd have to do some digging to see if they ever did) to allow generic forms of Marinol, etc., to be put under schedule III of the CSA, even if the THC in them were sourced naturally from the cannabis plant. There might already be a foot in the door here, so to speak.

It's been such a mash of hypocrisy and throwing good money after bad for so long, it simply boggles the mind.
edit on 12/7/2014 by Praetorius because: Afterthought

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well its about time. MJ should have equal rights as alcohol.
less the domestic abuse, liver and kidney disease, diabetes.
ect.ect.ect.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I don't need to read an article with a title like that :

Nature is not a crime!

I'll edit to add: There is a cure for everything within the aspect of nature. Literally, figuratively, physically, &/or mentally. Men/women are born from the Mother(Earth) with all contents included to prosper. For some this "healing" is for them "bite their own dust" for they are rebelling in their misery. For others I could only imagine with what infinity their is of universe(s). All "dis-ease" is but a bi-product when all things become natural. Respect to humanity.
edit on 7-12-2014 by survival because: fill in the blanks

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They need until January comes to figure out how to tax it...

Thieves.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you click on that link, there's a comment (the only one) that explains a lot of the medical aspects of this issue. Too many lobbyists who probably use it themselves. One of the biggest, hypocritical farces mankind has ever created.

(post by Joneselius removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Just another unjust war I'd like to America finally end.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

You see what you want to see. Not everyone has good experiences with the plant. Oh and you still haven't made a good reason to keep it illegal. What about all the people where alcohol has destroyed their lives? Tobacco?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We're not talking about alcohol or tobacco.

Hey I'm not saying 'don't' make it legal. What people put in their bodies is their own choice. I'm merely telling you all my take and experience with it. By no means am I wholly against it. I'm sure it has medicinal qualities which are very helpful.

Please don't take this as me 'bashing' it. I'm not. I'm just presenting an alternative viewpoint

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Well all I will say on this subject is from personal experience.

[snip].

Good lord, I don't mean to derail, but it sounds like maybe what your ex-friend and others you've known were imbibing may have been laced, or, he had serious mental disorders already. I've run into a rate of 0% of folks responding that way.

Honestly, it makes a good case for legalization, so that people don't think they have marijuana when in fact they're smoking who-knows-what and turning into violent psychopaths.
edit on 7-12-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What is the point of telling us this then? Everyone already knows that not all people have positive experiences with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well, I have actually two dead friends from Achohol...

Sorry YOU had a paranoid episode.

C'mon man, booze kills people everyday.

Show me a solitary dead person from using the plant.

edit on 7-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: Dropped my doobie

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Interesting ive met plenty of the opposite. massively successful entrepreneurs who are creative and full of love.

People who take pride in what they do and spread more love and consciousness then most of the rest of the world.

Guess its all about who ya know right?

Birds of a feather flock together,

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Well all I will say on this subject is from personal experience.
[snip]..

We're going a bit off topic, but there are different strains of the plant - some generally leading to more mental-processing and paranoia, others more towards body effects.

Also, it sounds like your friend might have had something going on personally otherwise, from a mental health standpoint. I've known some full-on users to get a little twitchy if they ran dry, but not constant anger. Sounds to me like he was self-medicating, and not with the best option.

Admittedly though, I will by no means say it's entirely safe or suggested in all cases, let alone for all people.
edit on 7-12-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2014 by Praetorius because: Either I or someone else typo'd

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
World wide legal status of Marijuana

Link to larger image
edit on 7/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Not going to hate on you but sounds like it was pre-existing conditions that were exacerbated by it.

Kind of like saying "Guns are bad because one was used to kill someone." when it turns out the shooter was just a little...off.

Sorry to hear about that though, it just shows personal responsibility matters no matter how safe it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Curious, whats the point of being ilegal but unenforced?

(post by jhn7537 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

We have to stop blaming human problems on things if were going to move forward as a race.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join