It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's future is bleak

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Our selfish materialistic consumer mindset is leading us down a path of destruction. Our police forces and judicial systems are money making machines creating a dark undercurrent to society. We only see ourselves in the equation and no longer understand our intrinsic connection to the larger community as a whole. Our education system is now another money making machine mass producing unemployable morons loaded with debt.

Working has become totally about nepotism and connections and have nothing to do with grit and hardwork. Intelligence is rejected, our music is worse then its ever been. Politics is a total dog and pony show with absolutely no merit and the politicians do not have the will of the people in mind but they work for corporate masters and the banking cabal.

We have more people in prison then any country on the planet. Our police forces mutilate and kill innocent and mentally ill people on a daily basis.

Its getting harder and harder to work your way up from the bottom as cost of living exponentially increase. At the same time the buying power of the dollar has spent the last few years TANKING making it nearly impossible to start a small business. Fees, lawyers, overhead, employee costs and taxes make it nearly impossible to get a business off the ground without massive investments.

Not looking good.
edit on 12/7/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have to agree and wonder if the west is going to slowly break down or suddenly run out of gas with a crash .No one seems sure of how and when but only that it will .The political leaders have lost any ability to build the trust that is needed to fix the thing .band-aids at the most . a reply to: onequestion

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Thanks for saying what some of us are feeling even though your tone is very pessimistic. What do you tell someone younger than you who looks up to you for hope?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You may want to change your title, 'bleak' is spelled with an 'a'.

Done, and thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I try and help open their eyes and tell them to question things and follow their heart.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hey OP. 1 word. Revolution.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: southtower

Depending on your definition im down.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, I'm sure we all are hoping for a "peaceful" one but that will never happen even with the most optimistic of viewpoints. Realistically, it would need to be an armed and very bloody one.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think it would be better to help equip someone to be able to make the decisions they may have to make in the future that at this point in time is unknown .This is a link to one of the most important podcast s I have ever listened to .Listen to it and decide if sharing it might be better then trying to give a hope that may never come to be . www.tragedyandhope.com... a reply to: eisegesis

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I think it would be better to help equip someone to be able to make the decisions they may have to make in the future that at this point in time is unknown .This is a link to one of the most important podcast s I have ever listened to .Listen to it and decide if sharing it might be better then trying to give a hope that may never come to be . www.tragedyandhope.com... a reply to: eisegesis

Cool, im looking for new podcasts to listen to.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Everyone wants a peaceful revolution.

Deep down though, we all know cities need to burn and people will die. Our entire populace is under the lull of super-propaganda. The most natural and human thing we can do is revolt.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: southtower

Well, you may be right.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You have been growing up with one facade after another losing its mask.

I just name a few out the top of my head...

- Carl Lewis

- TV preachers

- Lance Armstrong

- Presidents

- Tiger Woods

- Cops

- Baseball players

- Martha Stewart

- Bill Cosby

- America being the greatest

- Everyone can become the American dream, if so, the country would now be filled with it

- etc.

The psychological effect on the people of a nation is tremendous when such things keep going on...most people live with hope and dreams, but if the dreams prove to be fake and beyond the reach of most, you`re only left with a country of disillusioned people.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think it would be better to help equip someone to be able to make the decisions they may have to make in the future that at this point in time is unknown.

How would you properly equip them when so many young people's futures are undecided or uncertain? I was told going to college would eventually make me successful. Was I given the right information? Is it their fault or the systems? Should I have been made aware of our bleak future at an earlier age?

No matter how bad it looks or gets, my own life is proof that there will always be a positive outcome, eventually. I understand when you are low, everything seems like it can only go up, but that is a narrow sighted perspective and those who refuse to see into tomorrow are destined to repeat yesterday.

Thanks for the link.

edit on 7-12-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You forgot NAFTA, it seems to me that as a large part of, or the cause of, the economic destruction of those whose labour can't compete with a $2.00 a day wage slave who works in a factory with no environmental controls, safety, or other regulations.

So, we are losing jobs, and they are gaining slave labour, and doing business in the countries they are axing the jobs in and avoiding taxes in because they are based in Camaroon or some place.
And robots, hey, at least we can employ them at home!

Who wins? Those with the most resources and cash.
Who loses? Those who have the least.
Who revolts? Those with nothing left to lose.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: southtower

You say Revolution, ok but, what are the targets?

The Police? some good some bad right, they are there to enforce laws and garner income for the city, county or state.

Congress? They are supposed to be working for us, are they? Not really, They work for their campaign donors - Big business, Bankers and special interest groups.

In any case extreme prejudice should be used, no one wants all out civil war.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

Sadly, the entire infrastructure of government who allow lobbyism, (how legal bribery of congress exists is beyond me) the FED, and IRS to continue bleeding the country dry. Even the justice system which allows crooked cops to go free with no consequences. There are too many parts of government that need to be seriously overhauled. It seems the only way this may ever happen is if the whole thing crashes down allowing for it to be completely rebuilt.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You say Revolution, ok but, what are the targets?

a Revolutionary intelligence agency would probably sprout up and start collecting the necessary intel needed to select targets. In other words, they don't exist currently as there is no opposing force.

What are the targets? They aren't legitimate yet. It would be more akin to committing acts of terrorism at this point.

But at a certain point of no return, the targets will present themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You should look at John Titor. Many years ago in 2000-2001 John Titor who is an alleged time traveler that predicted the Dark Future of America.

Now the important thing is not whether John Titor is an actual time traveler or a hoax but his message.
edit on 7-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join