It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am happily married but I want a conspiracy theory girl!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
First off... I am not married. But have you ever pondered what it would be like to have a SO that digs into sites like ATS and isnt brainwashed like so many people are today. Something tells me that people hide this kind of thing.. You dont believe everything you are told? Here comes the ridicule, test things for yourself? Why are you wasting your time, go read a book.---- It is that mentality that does not quite make its way into your everyday conversation. Why? Because you will appear crazy. Crazy does not attract people, so we hide it. Anyone out there lucky enough to have someone test the boundaries with you?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech
First off... I am not married. But have you ever pondered what it would be like to have a SO that digs into sites like ATS and isnt brainwashed like so many people are today. Something tells me that people hide this kind of thing.. You dont believe everything you are told? Here comes the ridicule, test things for yourself? Why are you wasting your time, go read a book.---- It is that mentality that does not quite make its way into your everyday conversation. Why? Because you will appear crazy. Crazy does not attract people, so we hide it. Anyone out there lucky enough to have someone test the boundaries with you?

I hear you. My last true girlfriend was like that. She was open about all of the topics discussed on here.

And yes, i think most people do hide it even if they do harbor doubts about what is really going on. There can be a lot of professional or social consequences for being open about it. I rarely talk about it nor do I post things about it on FB because of professional reasons.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Be very careful what you wish for ... and be very thankful your NOT married .. Good luck finding a girl like that .. if you do do NOT make the mistake of getting married .. or if you insist upon marriage get an ironclad prenup drawn up first to cover yourself ... one last thing .. beware female sociopaths they will make your life a living hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I have noticed some reactions myself so I rarely share my thoughts on social media. Although it is not true, ATS gives someone the feeling of being anonymous.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

I actually appreciate the fact that my wife isn't as deep into conspiracy and World events like I am. It keeps me grounded.

When the World screams hatred, racism, lies, propaganda, war, terror etc and I am losing faith in all...she smiles and asks if I need a hug.

Reminds me that not all is lost and how lucky I truly am.

There is just not enough room in my brain for 2.

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Me and the other half have designated 'debate nights' which are ways fun. Basically just pick a topic at random, conspiracy or otherwise, and just start arguing. That being said, she's not really Into this kind of thing the same way that I am, but its never been any kind of issue in the past. I mean, I've shown her past threads and we've chatted here and there about the topics that matter most to me and so on as well.

But, this is more my thing which we both pretty much respect. I know some people hide this, or try to anyway, but that gets you nowhere. They either accept it or their alternative choice is to accept it further down the line. We are who we are, Interests, fascinations and everything else as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

This is a great perspective, thanks for sharing! I am usually the "Ground" in a realtionship so this this slipped right past me.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I am of the opinion that people can be faithful AND nice to each other without marriage or a document to protect ones assets. I hear where you are coming from though, guess it depends on what pond you fish in.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Be very careful what you wish for ... and be very thankful your NOT married .. Good luck finding a girl like that .. if you do do NOT make the mistake of getting married .. or if you insist upon marriage get an ironclad prenup drawn up first to cover yourself ... one last thing .. beware female sociopaths they will make your life a living hell.

Why? Why do you correlate conspiracy stuff or open mindedness with sociopathy and needing a prenup, any more than some other type of woman?

I related to my girlfriend who was hippyish, an artist, and open to ATS like topics more than any girl I ever have. It didn't work out, but that truth still stands.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I actually appreciate the fact that my wife isn't as deep into conspiracy and World events like I am. It keeps me grounded.

When the World screams hatred, racism, lies, propaganda, war, terror etc and I am losing faith in all...she smiles and asks if I need a hug.

Reminds me that not all is lost and how lucky I truly am.

There is just not enough room in my brain for 2.

Peace

True. We don't always need to be with someone of like mind on every topic. Someone could be an amazing match on a whole host of other variables than beliefs about conspiracies, ufo's, you name it.

Having said that, I think that if someone's worldview truly begins to depart from mainstream society's, it can be nice to be with someone on a similar energy frequency or who understands. A lot of people who haven't questioned anything don't, and are afraid of those who do.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14
Had 2 of my ex-wives turn out to be sociopaths .. they had me and everyone else fooled at first in regard to their true nature .. one of them was into conspiracy stuff the other wasnt .. recommend prenup for everyone regardless in todays world it doesnt hurt to have the added protection... better to be safe than sorry...

edit on 7/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm big into exploring the realm of CT with a degree of humorous cynicism in most vein while my husband is exceedingly down to earth and rational kind of guy. The mix makes for some interesting debates when certain subjects are brought forth. As a whole, I've always found more enjoyment in discussing these matters with someone who is aware of the material, yet not enslaved to the ideology.

A good friend of ours is super big on the 9-11 "cover up" premise, but it's very difficult to be around him for very long because - sadly - he doesn't contribute much original thought to the discussion and usually gets too passionate about defending his position. Nice guy but still very young when it comes to distancing yourself from the dangers of the Mental Charybdis.

Guess you could say we're more into exploring new networks and enjoy connecting the dots in a way that doesn't end up with bruised egos and angry tirades about how we're all enslaved by forces beyond our control.

Sometimes it's better to just kick back and chuckle at all the Fnords.

All hands on deck! Grab yer tinfoil, sailors! We're leaving on yet another voyage!

edit on 12/7/14 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling....clarity (as such is almost becoming trademark by now)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Im big into ATS and my girlfriend is'nt, thank god.
It would be too much conspiracy chatter between us. We have shared interests of course, but conspiracy theories are not one of them.
She's down to earth level headed and keeps me grounded if i go on and on about some conspiracy theory ive read about. Which is a good thing.

I certainly wouldnt like her to be into conspiracy the way i am

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

LOL. That is a good story, I have peeps like that, there is always one guy that tries too hard.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rising Against

How did I miss this post? That is a great idea! I am taking that all the way to the bank. I am just shaking my head at how fun that could be.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When two paranoid people get together, it usually doesn't end well.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My wife thinks we are all certifiable.

I thinks, she's probably right.

edit on 7-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Its always fun surprisingly. It never matters what we debate over, it probably never will, but its just a really great way of making each other laugh and just having a good time coming up with arguments and different angles to things. To each their own though. Also, I'm the conspiracy one and she's not, but it doesn't change much.

Its always more fun than scrabble night as well.. We're not old, were actually in our early 20s btw, honest we are!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Good point. Although I am the farthest thing from being paranoid.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech
a reply to: AgentShillington

Good point. Although I am the farthest thing from being paranoid.

Your OP certainly doesn't read like you are the farthest thing from being paranoid. If you want to make this thread about why I think that, simply reply with consent and I will further elucidate my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join