It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: racism ‘deeply rooted’ in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think what we are seeing is racism, and I don't think the riots in Ferguson were really about race.
I think what we are seeing is a group of uneducated people, completely pissed off at their black leader, because he didn't keep his promise of change and make their world bright and rosy after he was elected.
Well I am not happy either and whither I am black, white, green, or blue don't matter. If you want to make a change in your life, get your ass in gear. Minority's, women, and even veterans get more government breaks than a white man in America. So get over it. The tools are there, pick them up an build a life, instead of burning your neighbors business.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I hear where you are coming from, I think, lol. I am still gonna say injustice is so prevalent against Blacks in America, it has to be about race until that changes.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Racism is an irrational brain disorder. Classism is what exists, and must be aimed to be changed.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, education and development help a lot. The best weapon is the non-deadly one but you need to educate people first to realize it. Is racism as spread between most educated people as with those with bad education? Here's your weapon.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, racism is deeply rooted in the US, but don't go finger pointing squarely at whites or blaming historical whites and/or white actions alone.

Mirrors need to be handed out for self-reflection, to everyone who yells "RACIST!" as a policy or knee-jerk first response. Betcha they don't like what they see, if they ever acknowledge it in the first place. And I mean the race-baiters of all colors.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The most disturbing thing to come from the Ferguson, Missouri situation are people being surprised that racism still exists in America.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Before I retired I worked with all races. I had the opportunity to observe that blacks and Hispanics dislike each other. I'd detail the reasons why, but I would likely be banned for doing so.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

At this stage of his "presidency", he is increasingly hated by blacks and the majority of whites.
Equate that fact by his 2008 Mission Statement: "I want to transform America"...

The only conclusion to make is is he meant only the negative transformation.

I will quit ATS if any member can site one positive with link.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Nowhere in this article say that only whites are racist...

What he did say was correct.

The U.S. was built by racism.

Edit: Obama is mixed raced. Shouldn't have to state the obvious but too many don't seem to understand that.
edit on 7-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Every country was. Governments subjugated their own and others. It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: suz62

That's a big generalisation to say every country has.

Please name me a Middle Eastern country built by racism, except Israel...
Name me an Far East country built by racism...

Was Russia built by racism?
How about Ireland?
What of Iceland?

Many countries were not built by racism.

And btw, just because every some countries have doesn't change that the U.S. was...

I don't know what your point was besides deflecting blame.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Every country was. Governments subjugated their own and others. It's the nature of the beast.

The only time in history I will agree with CharleSpears is this time.
Everyone is forgetting the American Indian were here first and for 3000 years.
And what happened is first-order Crims Against Humanity by European white immigrants...PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I'm sure we agree on more than 1 thing in this universe...

Nevertheless you're right...
The first act of the Europeans was one of supremacy.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I wouldn't say that's true. At least not to the extent it was in America. America was built off the rape of Africa. Countries like France and England were already well established before they started exploiting the fruits of colonialism. There's been a clear distinction between whites and blacks since the founding of America. You can't really say the same for any other country.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You tell me...
The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About

Guy looks like another one hit wonder.

Very organized.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join