It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Circular Landform on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Rotated, zoomed in , changed aspect ratio........

Still looks pretty much the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Rotated, zoomed in , changed aspect ratio...
No. Just rotated.

Still looks pretty much the same.
To some maybe. To others it provided the correct perspective.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a bubble in a lava flow, then after it burst the crust caved in?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan
But it's up, not down.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Yeah but I wast thinking a full sphere:

Once the bubble rises to the top it has a crust over it and is sat on top of the lava, like a dome, the crust then caves back in on itself. Wind and time do the rest.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
That's what you get when aliens test their new laser system, it melts everything it hits.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Anyone know the coordinates of this feature? I wanna have a look at it in Google Mars.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
and .. NASA

can we get this in color for heaven's sake !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Possibly a dark matter meteor/asteroid crater? I heard of something like this recently.

They are called strangelets I think?

edit on 8-12-2014 by DigitalResonance because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2014 by DigitalResonance because: Wrong link, bad spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Found the actual HiRISE page for this image, with lots of info: www.uahirise.org...

The camera functions in such a way that only a narrow strip of its field of view gets the RGB colour (and even then, the blue channel is synthesised according to some algorithm, so it's not the real "true colour"). And, in this case, only an edge of the "pimple" (as I like to call it) was caught:

Exploring the original image in HiView reveals nice detail, such as boulders, dunes, and sand-slides:

edit on 8-12-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalResonance
a reply to: charlyv

Possibly a dark matter meteor/asteroid crater? I heard of something like this recently.

They are called strangelets I think?

Well, those are on the bleeding edge of reality, because we have still not been able to identify exactly what it is. Also, science would say that inhalation of matter, and anti-matter, if you will, on that scale would be measured like nuclear bombs, but exponentially more powerful.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It has some concentric features around it, you can see a ring just at the edge of the picture. My bet is that this is an impact structure that is very worn, and this is just the very bottom of the structure that is exposed. There are some similar very old impact structures to this in Australia. Second guess is a mud volcano.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
been reading and not posting for a while now. it for some reason reminds me of a mined site. it looks "extracted" maybe?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You guys must live on here because I don't think that I ever get a reply on the first page.

I took the image supplied and did a direct download to GIMP. I went to do my normal analysis, which as any good conspiracy web site habitue' would do. First I crank up the saturation. I then turn down the brightness and increase the contrast. Finally I crank the gain to where I can clearly see pixel blocks. The blocks are 8X8 pixels to a side.

Lo and behold, this image is a mess of BS. Obfuscation is prevalent and easily seen especially on the 'down side' of the anomaly.

If you follow this simple procedure outlined, you will identify an odd band of decoherence which follows the contours of the 'thingy'. It obscures details which are present in adjoining data blocks but when entering into these applied pieces of BS, details become obliterated, diffused and marginalized. Colors from one block to the next are altered and detail suppression become blazingly obvious.

The entire strip has been photoshopped like mad to minimize color and to fade everything to uniform shade of BS orange. If you follow this procedure and scan the surface ANYWHERE, you will find that certain blocks have a LOT of color immediately adjacent to the blanched modified ones. Once again details present in the more colorful blocks stops at the edge of those neighbors that have been modified to fit a BS theme.

I have an HP 5.9 windows experience computer with 27" Samsung LED Hi-Def TV as a monitor. It ain't fancy and neither is this conspiracy.
BTW, if you don't do the work (GIMP is free), don't comment.

This dog is tired from hearing from the concreted debunkers minds about what is real. Look and know.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: largo

Finally I crank the gain to where I can clearly see pixel blocks. The blocks are 8X8 pixels to a side.
Since you are so much into "analysis" I assume that you are using tiff image instead of the jpeg?

In any case, I have to wonder. What's your point? The image is fake?
edit on 12/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Is your tiff image B+W?

As stated, crank up the color.

If you have a tiff in color, please provide link.

Link I used. cdn4.sci-news.com...

edit on TuesdayamTue, 09 Dec 2014 00:22:49 -0600122014 by largo because: Added link

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: largo
So you used a jpeg image. Do you know how jpeg compression works?

As stated, crank up the color.
The original of the image which you linked has no color. Please see this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can download the tiff of the composite here:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you want the raw images which compose the composite you may download them here
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

edit on 12/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: theantediluvian
The entire strip has been photoshopped like mad to minimize color and to fade everything to uniform shade of BS orange.

You're using a colourised B&W jpeg image. Not the best way to conduct "analysis". After the brutal "image enhancement" that you described, I bet all you see is jpeg compression artifacts as well as any image artifacts that came with the original image, exagerrated many times.

No wonder anomaly-seekers have so little credibility, the only thing they seem interested in is "enhancing" the hell out of an image until image and compression artifacts start looking like real objects or structures.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
... Finally I crank the gain to where I can clearly see pixel blocks. The blocks are 8X8 pixels to a side.

Lo and behold, this image is a mess of BS. Obfuscation is prevalent and easily seen especially on the 'down side' of the anomaly.

If you follow this simple procedure outlined, you will identify an odd band of decoherence which follows the contours of the 'thingy'. It obscures details which are present in adjoining data blocks but when entering into these applied pieces of BS, details become obliterated, diffused and marginalized. Colors from one block to the next are altered and detail suppression become blazingly obvious....

JPEG compression will often give you 8X8-pixel blocks, but that is simply the compression algorithm at work -- not intentional obfuscation.

For example, look at the picture below, especially where the tree meets the sky (opening the image shows more detail). The JPEG compression creates 8X8-pixel blocks at the color border between the tree and the sky, but I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to obfuscate the leaves on the tree:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Exactly what I was thinking.

Do you think it's possible this could have been caused by one of those 'cigar' UFO's crashing into mars?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join