It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD cops warned militant group ‘preparing to shoot on-duty police officers’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I was under the impression that I've read it all regarding the supposed police state. Sorry you're feeling so oppressed and in fear for your life. I've got to say though, I was born and raised here in nyc, you know, ground zero for police brutality, and have never been shot, harassed or violated in any way by the police. I guess you can say it's because I've never attacked an officer or resisted arrest. Just a theory of mine though.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

At least we know you do not have dark skin.

Police brutality and racial targeting does exist, especially in New York City.

I hope this is not the case, because it could spell martial law if such an incident were to occur.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I actually do have some nice dark skin

Racial tensions only exist when a minority makes an *#$ of him or herself. It's better to make excuses than to admit the truth. I won't deny racial targeting, stop and frisk, but I'm pretty sure the crime numbers were pretty low in those times.

The double standard bothers me more than the idea of walking down the street and having my skull split open by a cop. Ferguson and Staten Island weren't race related, was the n word thrown around in either case? Or were there numerous complaints from local shop owners regarding the cigarette seller/wasn't the Ferguson kid wanted for robbery? Not too long ago, a gentleman named Zemir Begic was targeted BECAUSE he was white - I'm still waiting for that sharpton statement regarding him.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

BS!

You are trying to tell you me you are black and never had an incident where you were profiled by the police, nor know anyone of your friends who have felt the police state and unnecessary confrontations with the police, in New York City of all places. Where I come from in Central Florida it is well known that the police target minorities, especially for drug crimes and traffic stops. This is well documented.

Even George W. Bush has admitted that not only did they get it wrong in Staten Island, but racial tensions with the police are real and something that needs to be addressed.

edit on 7-12-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

George Bush is as relevant these days as LA techs yet now we respect his opinion?

I never said I was black kid, I'm Latino, you jump to conclusions pretty fast and that's exactly what's been going on with these two cases. People are too quick to believe facts with no backing, yet when the actual facts are presented, they're ignored.

I've never been profiled. Never. My pants are at my waist, I pay taxes and I speak English very clearly. I've been confronted by the police, yes, a few speeding tickets, some suspended licenses...tickets or an arrest, would I have made my situation better by becoming hostile or outright physical?

I'd like to know where you live so as to keep away from the gestapo in your area.

I see you avoided my double standard example.

RIP Zemir Begic.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Remember prisoners can be from all walks of life. BGF is an old school gang, some of the older guys were vietnam vets. The scariest person i ever knew was a BGF guy in California. Havent spoken to him in years and prefer to keep it that way. They are not about play time.

That said, i do doubt the validity of this threat. Who knows, its not like criminal informants are to be trusted anyways. They'll give up their own family and make up stuff to keep the police happy about people they don't even know. I don't entirely buy it. Just giving the police a reason to be even more loose with their weaponry.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy
en.wikipedia.org...

"BGF was associated with a number of leftist groups, including the Black Liberation Army, Symbionese Liberation Army, and Weather Underground.[4]" from the source.

i find that interesting. where have we heard those names before?

Will we see a revival of leftist militants groups today after all the corruption we have been seeing?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just a matter of time until people start hunting cops , I mean for every action there is a equal and positive reaction. Violence begets violence. I really cant feel sympathetic for law enforcement now sorry.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuardThe only reaction that is going to happen to people that kill police officers by shooting them is that they are going to get killed. You might take 5 or 6 officers out before you get killed but it will only be 5 or 6 officers. the powers that be would make a big fuss and it would be business as usual only the officers would be a little bit more jittery. The only way that these thugs and thier master will learn is by a very savy and technically smart group annialating a good number of them and the reinforcements that came in. If several thousand were to die and they lost the support of the public they might start thinking about what they did. If an ultra violent group were to start killing them in mass and we are not talking about using guns or other small arms they might start thinking about thier behavior or start a complete civil war in which case most of them would die.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The sad thing is the decent cops will probably be the ones killed come shtf. While the dirty ones will be safe and under protection. Just look at Wilson he got $500k in donations from racists while being guarded 24-4 by his ex peers, the rewards of killing another human being even if he was defending himself this sets a terrible example. It makes things that much worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There will always be extremists out there. What is causing this is all those videos, news, propaganda of the "good police officers" watching the bad apples beat on innocent civilians or just excessive force. The problem is the citizens are getting tired of it. Even though I don't agree with it, I believe these militants just want the police to hold themselves at the same standard that the everyday citizens are. What the police need to worry about is that if this story holds any water, most likely these guys don't care about going to prison.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There are a lot of crazies out there, you never know. But I am sure that most blacks and most Americans are opposed to it just like most Americans probably realize that gun violence committed by civillians far outweighs unjustified shootings.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just remember your terminology:

"Militant" is only a stone's throw away from "Terrorist"

Soon anyone who opposes the growing police military state, peaceful or not, will be terrorists.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have to agree with the posts that when they refuse to actually indict in cases that must have indictments, and though Brown's case couldn't for there was no evidence contrary to the official story, there are scores of other cases from the most recent, to that 12 year old girl beaten and it may have even been child trafficking attempt. When justice isn't done the people are going to get tough back. And I can't blame them. Though have this really bad feeling its all manipulation and that all roads lead to Rome, even this one is being played out in the hands of the elite.

But people have to stand up and make this stop and make the police stop allowing these crimes to take place.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Might make the police think before shooting the sheep if they know the sheep will bite back.

The police have pushed it to this point and I no longer beleive a word they say because recent years have shown them to be no better then Hitler's SS guards in 1940s Germany.

What else should people do when the police are acting like criminals and the US legal system is broken because they have already tried asking and trying to talk about it.

We are scum to them, so much so that it does not even go to an open public court most the time when they kill one of us

Hitler's SS? When the police start sending people in MASS numbers to the gas chambers then they will be Hitler's SS.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
With people out there like this guy, and his followers.

www.youtube.com...

Everyone needs to be concerned.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That guy is an epic gem.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It doesn't take alot of people like that.

We saw what 19 did on 9-11.

We have seen what 1 can do at a school, and theatre, and military base.

The future isn't looking too good, as long as fires of hatred keep getting stoked.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

We've been saying it over and over and over. They are creating this situation.its not RIGHT but they are creating it by refusing i do anything about it

Agreed, but we while individual cops can be brainless idiots, the Police departments as a whole are not.

It's curious then, exactly WHY they are allowing this crap to happen.

If i didn't know any better, i would seriously assume elements within the Government or the Police hierarchy want this to happen as a prelude to a severe and constitution ending public crackdown and have been actively encouraging a public backlash to use as an excuse.

Which is an even more dangerous proposition for public safety altogether than a random gang of a dozen or so blokes out for revenge against the police.

I doubt those stockpiled billions of hollow points, thousands of AR15's and thousands of urban tanks were purchased just to spend the remaining budgets so they don't get less next year...if you get my drift.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Hitler's SS? When the police start sending people in MASS numbers to the gas chambers then they will be Hitler's SS.

I think he meant that is how the SS started out...then came the mass murders.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join