It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best places for escape around the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I write this topic with a hard heart. I am sure for 100% that one day I would have to escape from the place where I live and leave a letter for people, who think I am a person who they think I am.
My idea of escaping one day to the other country is caused by my struggle with faith, my crisis of personality, quilt of "too fast" made decisions. You know just daily actions, nursing studies, everyday duties help me to keep my personality as a whole, keep my purposes on carrying on...but when I'm alone and just think and think and think, going into deep reflections I'm lost. It's strange, when I focus on daily stuff I feel that my brain works good-I know who I am, I know what I believe in and what I want to do with my life. But deep fundamental reflections sometimes in silence become so huge and hard to stand that my brain is like out of body-any sense of you as a person is blear.

One day when I finish my Nursing studies I think of telling my dad that I go abroad (he even thinks it's a good idea) and tell it to people I know, but just leave them a letter with information with what I'm struggling and that I have to find abroad right help for me. It doesn't mean that I'm going to get rid of my moral system, believes in Jesus, but I have to think about it once again with a help of people, who went through the same issue as mine.

It's crazy, but it's so real (I guess) for many people that they have to escape to be understand and known by others.

Do you know places, where you can escape and find a job?

Do you know any people who openly admitted before you that they escaped from their country, families?

Or maybe you are such a person?

edit on 7-12-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Other than your location .. nothing else will change you will still have to deal with the same problems ... better to stay where you are with friends and family .. without them the world is a cold hard place with no one to trust or rely on .. very few can go it alone in this world ..

Though if you choose to vanish .. then tell no one quietly go making a clean break leaving everything behind .. and dont look back once youve gone ..

Wouldnt recommend such action to anyone who has family and friends ..

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

Expat is right, you don't find happiness with a map.
You were not specific with your problem, but there are others just like you living near you. Seek them out.
You already talk to us clowns on ATS. Thats a start.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Expat is right, you don't find happiness with a map.

I disagree with you and Expat. Personally, location for me is everything, so I imagine it could be just as important for others as well. I used to live in a quiet rural area surrounded by forest and farmland and spent quite a bit of free time either hiking around or bicycling. It was a peaceful life. A year ago I decided to temporarily move to Florida, and now I'm surrounded by mile after mile of housing developments, stores, gas stations and highways. The constant heat is miserable and I can't feel part of nature. Literally EVERYTHING about this area disgusts me. I know, without any doubt whatsoever, that my happiness depends on me leaving Florida and going back to the kind of environment I belong in. The only thing keeping me going is looking forward to the day I can move back up north and be away from my family.

AnnieWolf19, if you know you need to get away from your area and your family, then that's what you need to do. Don't let anyone try to discourage you from what you know is right for yourself.
If you don't mind me asking, what country are you currently living in, and what countries are you considering moving to?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Running from your problems is the single greatest thing you can ever do.....it is addicting as well....i've mentioned on here a few times that ive spent most of my adult life living in foreign countries and it showed me how awesome the world is and how arrogant my original home country was.

PM me any time.....ive been to quite a few places and lived...not just visited.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I live in Poland, in this city en.wikipedia.org...
(well I shouldn't show it, because maybe somebody from my hometown will find me here...)

I live with my dad in a flat in block of flats, where my mum (before she died in 2002-when I was almost 9 years old) was living with my 2 half sisters and 2 grandsons. I like my safe flat in block of flats. This flat belong to me after my mum. Actually I've got my home and I want it to be always my memory zone, where I can come during the breaks from work abroad. That's my plan. I don't want to sell it.

I know that going abroad and escaping in some way is not going to be easy, but I think that in countries where there is multi-culture society you can find much more understanding of your problems. More help. More support groups.
Sometimes things that we believe in become boring in environment of our hometown, but I hope that when you go to the other place all things that you believe in can change into something grater than where you are now.

I think that I'm looking for a life among much more experienced people in terms of suffering, lost, crisis of moral values. Well by going abroad I can become worse, but maybe it's not the way it's going to be.

Also, I think that being a nurse ( as I study this occupation) is a great opportunity to go anywhere.

Probably going abroad is freaking lonely and painful journey, but sometimes it's the only way to show the others what your inner problems are.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
a reply to: trollz

I live in Poland

I think that I'm looking for a life among much more experienced people in terms of suffering, lost, crisis of moral values.

Then come to America.

We've suffered through bad economies, lost jobs and moral values through the years. You won't find a shortage of people who know what suffering is about, yet you'll still be in a country that is relatively safe when compared to other parts of the world.

With a nursing degree and an internet connection it will be very easy to find a job before you even leave Poland. I don't know anything about the process, but that has to help in getting a work visa in order to get here in the first place.

Speaking from what I know about the Phoenix Az. metro area, you will not have to look far or long in order to secure employment. There will be a need for people with your type of degree for a long time to come, and as far as distance is concerned you can't really separate yourself any further from Poland than Phoenix Az. And just like any other large metropolis in the U.S., you will find a good sized polish population.

And yes, what other posters have said is true. No matter where you go.....there you are. You can't escape you. On the other hand though, a change in venue has been known to give people a different perspective about themselves. When you're around people, places and things that are vastly different from what you're used to, you almost have to look at things differently in order to acclimate to your new surroundings. You have to see things for what they are now. And that new viewpoint can easily be transferred to how you view yourself as well. That's how a change in location can lead to a change, or a better understanding, in yourself.

No matter where you end up though, good luck.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You're ideally located in Poland.

Just pick any EU country of your choice.

You don't need a visa or even a job, and you wouldn't be far from home if you get cold feet.

How are you on other languages?

You seem okay with English, so you might want to consider UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, Malta.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Totally no skills in other languages, but maybe one day I will try to learn any other.

I was learning a little bit of sign language in Polish language for past few weeks.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I used to live in a quiet rural area surrounded by forest and farmland and spent quite a bit of free time either hiking around or bicycling. It was a peaceful life.

Certainly wasn't France then. The peace and tranquility is shattered on a regular basis around here with hunters who have NO regard for rules and regulations and don't care what, when and where they shoot....fact!

Yes, it's tradition, but sometimes things have to move with the times and enough is enough. In time the generations will die off and change and be replaced with people who'd rather spend their time playing video games rather than shoot any living thing that moves so they can feel macho.

Living out in the middle of nowhere can mean living where the peasants love to play. Be warned if anyone is thinking of France...do your research and remember that strangers will always be treated with contempt in certain countries where xenophobia is a way of life.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Annie

You say

You know just daily actions, nursing studies, everyday duties help me to keep my personality as a whole, keep my purposes on carrying on...but when I'm alone and just think and think and think, going into deep reflections I'm lost. It's strange, when I focus on daily stuff I feel that my brain works good-I know who I am, I know what I believe in and what I want to do with my life. But deep fundamental reflections sometimes in silence become so huge and hard to stand that my brain is like out of body-any sense of you as a person is blear.

Your discomfort sounds like it is not your physical situation, but instead, your relationship between the "regular world" and your "inner world" of thoughts and beliefs. A good thing about the "regular world" is that it demands focusing, that holding together of ourselves on a "practical, actionable" level. You say

You know just daily actions, nursing studies, everyday duties help me to keep my personality as a whole, keep my purposes on carrying on...but when I'm alone and just think and think and think, going into deep reflections I'm lost.

Sometimes it is true that changing the place we live, or the people we are surrounded by can straighten out our "inner world", but not always. And maybe not often. It sounds to me as if what you might be after here is a way to stengthen you "Inner world". When you are alone, as you say. I suggest some books on meditation. Maybe one written by a good strong Christian, and or one written by a well known Eastern practitioner. Or even one from a "non" religious standpoint. As you are already in a health-care direction some study into "mindfullness" might also be of great value to you.

I don't know about the childrens fables in Poland but here in the US one of the most popular has as the moral, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence."

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
You're ideally located in Poland.

Just pick any EU country of your choice.

You don't need a visa or even a job, and you wouldn't be far from home if you get cold feet.

That makes a lot more sense than what I said about locations.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19

Do you know places, where you can escape and find a job?

Do you know any people who openly admitted before you that they escaped from their country, families?

Or maybe you are such a person?

Perhaps you could look for nursing jobs in Scotland? There are hundreds of vacancies: jobs.scot.nhs.uk...

There there are agencies that look for live-in nurses and carers.

I've escaped from the UK. Originally, my plans in the 1990's were to graduate from university, find a local job, get married and settle down. But I wasn't what employers were looking for (love to mess about with programming-to-the-metal with hardware). Ended up moving to a larger city, taking postgraduate courses whenever the job market was in recession, then going abroad to find work in order to pay off my student debt. Presently looking to move to another country to work as a software engineer.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Come to New York.

You'll probably feel at home here.

8 million issues here and if you ask anyone from my neighborhood, they'll tell you it's just another Bronx tale.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is no where on Earth to escape personal problems. I have tried. At 24 I started a Business, by 35 I was sick of it and all of the problems and people that come with moderate success, including my family. Using the business income, in my silly quest, I have escaped to nearly every corner of the globe. From the hiking Alaska, diving the Cayman wall, to exploring Central America and the Vatican. I do make friends just about every where I have been.
There is a large association of expatriated Americans scattered about. Every thing from trust fund brats, and dive masters, to bartender and hookers. Most are fairly rough, tough, and self reliant. Some are happy and some are home sic and miserable. Once I even got a guy I met, out of a Mexican prison and back to the US.
If you are looking for adventure the world awaits. If you go it alone, well it's a lonely way of life.
The one sad truth is most of my problems went with me, but on your own you will have only your self to confront, and that my friend was a growth opportunity for me.
Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join