It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 LEGAL Websites To Download Literature For FREE

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
An awesome list of websites for free literature. Check it out! I’m sure you’ll find something worth reading.

Online Medical Textbooks

Online Science and Math Textbooks: Access biochemistry, chemistry, aeronautics, medical manuals and other textbooks

Free Classic Literature

Planet eBook: Download free classic literature titles here, from Dostoevsky to D.H. Lawrence to Joseph Conrad.

Free Business Textbooks: Find free books to go along with accounting, economics and other business classes.

Science and Engineering Books for free download: These books range in topics from nanotechnology to compressible flow.

higherperspective.com...

Just some of the items listed there hope you enjoy ATS and it is FREE

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cool list ill have to explore it more when i have time(:

I Recommend a site called sacredtext.com its a internet libary that I didnt see on list (: and I enjoy

thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

LibriVox: LibriVox has a good selection of historical fiction.

This site is particularly awesome for people who, like me, spend an inordinate of time "in transit". They have volunteers read aloud and record public domain books. I'm old school, so I burn them to CDs and listen in the car. Or on YouTube while doing things around the house or just trying to fall asleep.

I suppose the more tech-savvy could listen using their smartphones, but I'm one of those people who still thinks vinyl sounds better.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Excellent source of information!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Although I find it impossible to read something substantial without holding it in my hands I will definitely be looking through the links provided, for reference if nothing else.

I mean....FREE BOOKS!

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

They forgot this little gem
digitalcomicmuseum.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
An awesome list of websites for free literature. Check it out! I’m sure you’ll find something worth reading.

Excellent, thank you! I have been collecting a ton of non-fiction books and documents of all types for everything ... I have over 2tb of the stuff! One day, when I have the money for paper and ink, they will be printed.

originally posted by: LiveForever8

Although I find it impossible to read something substantial without holding it in my hands I will definitely be looking through the links provided, for reference if nothing else.

I mean....FREE BOOKS!

Thanks.

You can always print them off, if any are PDF, you can print 2 or 4 pages to a single piece of paper to save on money, add front and backside printing and you are good to put that into a small binder ... this is eventually my plan.

A good free, open source, and highly customizable program to manage your digital library is Calibre which has great support and a valuable forum full of information and tips.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Very cool.

I'm on MIT's Electrical Engineering course material. Pretty neat.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

They forgot this little gem
digitalcomicmuseum.com...

Thanks for that link had a couple of hours of fun there

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
thanks man.
i love medical journals and text books.
i have dozens of them. i pick them up whenever i find them.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Lol thats becaus vinyl does sound better

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

A most excellent thread Doogle, will certainly be spending some time on there.

Some free UFO books here as well!

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Since your on the subject of UFO's. Is there any link to the book "Shoot Them Down - The Flying Saucer Air Wars of 1952"?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deveron

Since your on the subject of UFO's. Is there any link to the book "Shoot Them Down - The Flying Saucer Air Wars of 1952"?

Deveron alas no mate and I would very much like to read it as well - the author also did some mighty fine research into the Flatwood's Monster case and certainly knows his stuff.

Link

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: Deveron

Deveron alas no mate and I would very much like to read it as well - the author also did some mighty fine research into the Flatwood's Monster case and certainly knows his stuff.

Link

I have read the book. Wanted the pdf version. I lent the book to a friend of mine who ended up moving overseas and misplacing the book. Typical!

It's a great book packed with detail! And a hell of a lot of witness testimony especially from the fighter pilots involved.

I may have to buy it in ebook format!

Shoot Them Down - The Flying Saucer Air Wars Of 1952

Flatwoods Monster

edit on 9-12-2014 by Deveron because: (no reason given)

Some info from the book:

The following information was found in The New York Times. This list is only a tiny sample of the fighter aircraft "accidents" occurring over America during America's biggest flying saucer flap... where pilots were ordered to shoot those UFOs down! I digress, but there were also numerous and correspondingly mysterious fighter accidents —and vanishings— throughout the rest of world, as well.

FIGHTERS LOST OVER THE UNITED STATES

VANISHED.1951, April 8. An F-94 jet "disappeared" from McChord AFB, Washington, while en route to Hamilton Field, California.

VANISHED. 1952, Feb. 19. In Florida, a Tyndall AFB jet fighter and two man crew "disappeared while on a routine training flight." The 2-man crew "vanished in an F-94 jet fighter plane."

VANISHED. 1952, July 25. In the Miami, Florida area, "more than 100 planes joined ground crew forces...in a search for a missing Marine Corps fighter jet and its pilot."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1952, August 8. Captain Gay, Jr., a USAF Korean War jet fighter veteran was killed in an "unexplained crash of an F-94 all-weather jet fighter...when it plunged into Vineyard Sound," near Falmouth , Massachusetts. It was reported that, "an Otis Air Force spokesperson said Captain Gay was believed to have been trapped in the cockpit of his plane when it crashed." The Times reported that the fighter pilot had "completed 105 combat missions in Korea and earned the Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal with three Oak clusters."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1952, Sept. 2. 1st Lt. J. Burke, Jr., a Westover AFB fighter pilot was killed at Ludlow Center, Mass. located about "five miles east of the field." It was reported that Burke was, "a veteran of 100 combat missions in Korea." Westover AFB "officials said the cause of the crash had not been determined."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1952, Oct. 31. Lt. E. Bernard. "PILOT KILLED IN CRASH WAS KOREA HERO" A Navy fighter pilot and "veteran of thirty-two missions in Korea, " was "killed in a crash in Pennsylvania...had recently returned from the Far East. He received the "Distinguished Flying Cross" as well as an "Air Medal with six clusters."

VANISHED. 1952, Nov.10. Off the coast of Florida, near Key West, "a Navy Hellcat fighter plane disappeared on a flight over the sea."

VANISHED. 1953, April 10. At Niagara Falls, NY, "a far flung search continued for an Air Force pilot missing in his fighter plane."

ONE VANISHED and 3 CRASHED.
1953, Jan.31. Over Madison Wisconsin, "four Truax Field F-86 Sabre Jets attempted to land but were forced to bail out." The USAF reported that, "three jets crashed" and "one disappeared."

VANISHED. 1953, July 11. During joint war training exercises between Canada and America, "an accident marred the maneuver at San Francisco. Shortly after interceptors took off to the air, a radar controlled jet with two persons aboard was reported missing over San Pablo Bay."

VANISHED. 1954, April 5. Col. Councill, a fighter pilot who "flew 130 combat missions in World War II," vanished in a F-80 fighter jet. The USAF reported that he "disappeared shortly after take off" over Long Island, NY. The plane had "three hours of fuel aboard." Council held a
cross country jet speed record in 1946.

VANISHED. 1954, Nov.4. Over the Atlantic Ocean about 46-miles east of Cherry Point, NC, officials reported that "a Marine Corps Sky Knight jet," which was searching for a "missing jet while on a tactical mission...was reported missing."

CRASH. 1954, Nov.29. "JET PILOT KILLED IN CRASH. An Air Force pilot who took to the air in an F-86D to track down an unidentified plane was killed last night when his plane exploded while returning for a landing." The pilot was based at O'Hare Airport, Chicago, home of the 4706th Defense wing.

VANISHED. 1955, Sept. 25. The USAF reported that "a widespread search was under way...for 3 Langley AFB jets whose F-84F Thunderstreak jet pilots were reported missing 12 hours after a wing-mate was killed." Two jets vanished over Chesapeake Bay, and one vanished on a "routine navigational mission over the northeastern section of Maine."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1955, July 27. "WORLD WAR II ACE DIES." Lt. Col. Winifield Brown, was killed, "when his jet fighter crashed and burned just short of the runway at Stewart Field. The USAF reported that "Brown came in under power for an EMERGENCY landing." The fighter pilot downed five Nazi planes during the war.

UNKNOWN. 1956, March 4. The USAF reported that "two F-89 jet interceptors and the four men they carried," were "believed to have crashed" in the area of "White mountain in the Cascades."

...And finally reader, in what should be "coal to Newcastle" at this point...

"4 JETS CRASH IN FORMATION DIVE KILLING PILOTS IN GEORGIA MYSTERY." 1953 Dec., 5. Lawrenceville, GA. Four ANG F-84 Thunderjets enroute from Miami, FL to Dobbins AFB, Marietta, Georgia, "fell from about 11, 500 feet. One of the Thunderjets struck and demolished a small unoccupied house. The three others crashed nearby...there was no indication that the planes were in collision before striking the ground." The USAF also reported, "The formation was starting its descent from 27,000 feet and would report again at 11,500 feet, but the fliers were not heard from again." In closing, "Officials at Dobbins Base said all the men were experienced jet pilots and they knew of no reasons for the crashes."

It is a really good book!
edit on 9-12-2014 by Deveron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join