It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Eyes Sanctions on Israel While Giving Iran a Pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow! Sanctions on Israel....? I never thought I'd hear the words "sanction" and "Israel" in the same sentence but it apparently being discussed at the Obama Whitehouse. This new development got started at last month's meeting between Obama and Netanyahu when Obama tried to get Netanyahu to stop the settlement building because it is a deterrent to the peace process in the Middle East.

Senior White House and State Department officials have recently met to discuss the possibility of imposing sanctions on Israel in an effort to stop housing construction projects in eastern Jerusalem, Haaretz reported.
The Israel sanctions discussions are said to have begun after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the White House in October and clashed with the administration over the construction of a new housing development in that part of the city.

The administration warned Israel that the project would raise questions about Israel's commitment to peace with the Palestinians. Netanyahu replied that Israel does not accept restrictions on where Jews can live, and that Arabs and Jews in the Israeli capital should be allowed to purchase homes wherever they choose.

I've said before that the key to this whole Israel/ Palestine issue hinges on the settlement building; some of which is questionable. Why doesn't Netanyahu see that? I'm speechless, ATS. This could lead to may different, unknown pathways; some of which are very bad. Will the outcome of this event finally bring peace to the Middle East and ultimately, the world? Or will it make things worse? What says ATS?

www.newsmax.com...
edit on 7-12-2014 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
And at end of the day all it will be is more empty talk ... Israel will continue its genocidal rampage unhindered as always and with more american money and weapons ... nothing changes ... the body count continues to rise ....
edit on 7/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Israeli spies have too much dirt on U.S. politicians. This will go away.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Well if Obama keeps doing stuff like this I might start liking him........Really if he does this he is the MAN. It is time to stop all military aid and cut ties.

The Zionist control many things inside the US........It is time for a change. They are not looking towards peace but outright destruction. They need a wake up call..........NO MORE WEAPONS or MONEY.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Apparently nobody knows what these "sanctions" would be.

The usual shroud of secrecy is applied.

I bet it's just another controlled opposition effort as well as a cover-up for something else.

What isn't being reported is probably the real issues.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is a story from Haaretz a rare paper in Israel in that is strongly anti settlement. So it would more than likely be wishful thiking.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The Zionists control Obama, Congress, Government, Military, Intelligence Services, Banking etc.

If this Sanction plan is correct then it must be planned by Israel in the first place.

But what would the motive be? To demonize themselves (Israel and the Zionist movement) even more than it has been in the eyes of the people of the World? Are the Zionists about to set up the Jews again?

The three world wars text written a long time ago pertaining to WW3 makes more sense when you see what is happening in the world!

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Three World Wars

Maybe it's just me seeing something that is not there. But every time I look what is going on I see a plan unfolding!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I've said before that the key to this whole Israel/ Palestine issue hinges on the settlement building; some of which is questionable. Why doesn't Netanyahu see that?

Oh, he sees it. Netanyahu knows exactly what he is doing.

Netanyahu and his party believe that the Jews should not be restricted in where they can settle. This often leads to the establishment of illegal settlements in the West Bank. I hope the sanctions are passed, and that they go so far as to coerce Israel into altering its direction. I don't think it would happen, and even if it did, it would be nothing more than lip service. I don't think the USA would willingly harm Israel...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It would seem that most so far have fallen for the misdirection of the Valerie Jarrett agenda for Iran what with all the hate towards Israel, but that's to be expected these days, and it is what Jarrett and her lackey Obama expect you to do.

No matter how much people hate Israel a nuclear Iran has to be worse for the whole middle east and the world then Israel unless of course your Iranian. IMO

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't understand the title of the article... Giving Iran a pass? on what? I seem to remember the US threatening to throw heavy sanctions on them for not complying with them. Since then they've been holding up their end of the deal, so what kind of pass are they getting? The you're actually being diplomatic pass?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

It is time to stop all military aid and cut ties.

That will never happen. Israel is the biggest US base in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wouldn't Mr.Obama need Congress to back him up to place sanctions on anyone?

Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This will never happen

originally posted by: intrptr

and you got it wrong , its the other way around , the US is the biggest Israeli base in the world

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
I don't understand the title of the article... Giving Iran a pass? on what? I seem to remember the US threatening to throw heavy sanctions on them for not complying with them. Since then they've been holding up their end of the deal, so what kind of pass are they getting? The you're actually being diplomatic pass?

Yes Iran is under heavy santions. They could however be lifted if a nuclear is made. I would expect in the next decade Iran will end up in the US/Wests camp. It's popultion has become pro western. In a strategic sense China has no interest in helping them and Russia is more of liability than and ally. Iran has enemies within Iraq and Afganistan, is hostile with the Arab States, is hostile with Israel, is hostile with the US/West. Lots of enemies and not allies with a failing economy is a sure recipe for a change in strategic thinking. And Iran is reaching out in various ways. While the US has been very careful about it response it would be foolish to pass up this opportunity.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
This will never happen

originally posted by: intrptr

and you got it wrong , its the other way around , the US is the biggest Israeli base in the world

We finance and arm Israel, not the other way around.

The Middle East oil region is the prize, not the North American continent.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
About a year ago all we kept hearing was that Iran was just months away from building a nuke, been saying it for ten years, the same old, same old.

Then we get a falling out with Russia and now the US wants to be freinds with Iran who happens to be big friends with Russia and then as if by magic we get half the FSA joining the ISIS and they start killing Kurds for Turkey.

None of this adds up to me.

originally posted by: skunkape23
Israeli spies have too much dirt on U.S. politicians. This will go away.

Yes this is what i say.

You don't rise to power as a politician unless they have dirt on you and that goes all the way to taking part in child sex games like the ones now being exposed.

On the other hand if they push too hard then those that are doing the blackmailing might wake up to a nuke.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Was it not for Russia then Iran knows it would had been attacked long, long ago and they have just agreed a deal with Russia to build four more nuke power stations that will go a long way towards offseting the sanctions by the west.

It will be fun watching if the USA/Isreal thinks it can fracture that relationship because its made of steel.

The USA is not making freinds with the people on the streets in Europe but the BRICKS are cementing their relationship to stop the world bully turning the NWO into a reality but thats just my line of thinking and i am having trouble seeing any logic in whats happening just now.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

No matter how much people hate Israel a nuclear Iran has to be worse for the whole middle east and the world then Israel

We have seen what Israel has done and that dates back before the sinking of the US-Liberty and they seem to also be implicated in 9/11 so no I cannot agree that Iran would be worse than Israel unless you happen to be jewish.

Pakistan has nukes and they don't kick up that much and it's funny but Isreal does not bomb them like it just bombed Syria so thats says to me that a balance of power is needed

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
And at end of the day all it will be is more empty talk ... Israel will continue its genocidal rampage unhindered as always and with more american money and weapons ... nothing changes ... the body count continues to rise ....

I think Obama is trying to get to the "Root" of some of the issues in the world; the Israeli/ Palestinian issue being a very large issue. I applaud him for taking things head-on. The outcome remains to be seen but something needs to be done. The World needs a change....
edit on 7-12-2014 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: jheated5

Yes Iran is under heavy santions. They could however be lifted if a nuclear is made. I would expect in the next decade Iran will end up in the US/Wests camp. It's popultion has become pro western. In a strategic sense China has no interest in helping them and Russia is more of liability than and ally. Iran has enemies within Iraq and Afganistan, is hostile with the Arab States, is hostile with Israel, is hostile with the US/West. Lots of enemies and not allies with a failing economy is a sure recipe for a change in strategic thinking. And Iran is reaching out in various ways. While the US has been very careful about it response it would be foolish to pass up this opportunity.

H.m.m.m...Interesting viewpoint. Thanks for that.

top topics

join