It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacy handing out free sucralose samples, why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Shouldn't they be handing out fresh squeezed juices, probiotics, or vitamins at the very least? Maybe brochures about how to take control of your health? Possibly through diet and exercise? We could avoid having to go to the pharmacy.

Sucralose, or "Splenda", an artificial sweetener, is not good for us. You will find this poison in a large percentage of what's available for purchase.

www.livestrong.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I can't imagine this stuff helps any medical condition that requires medication. So why again is the pharmacy at a safeway handing out packets out at the front counter?

We should stop giving these people money, buy local, truly organic, and non-gmo.
edit on 6-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: Link

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I could've missed it but I think your OP is missing the part where a pharmacy is giving away free samples.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

I've been searching for a reference online and can't find anything I'm sorry.

I was just upset to see a pharmacy handing out free poison along with "medication".

Its true, I assure you, If you happen to find yourself in a "Safeway" store see if they're doing the same at their pharmacy if you get the chance.

In the meantime I will keep looking for a link, take it for what it is, just sharing something I saw today, sharing this on the health and wellness forum for any who might be concerned about sucralose.

Thanks for checking the thread, I'll try and find more info.

Well,

www.drugstore.com...

It's not quite related to safeway but here is an example of a pharmacy advertising sucralose. Why not fruits and veggies instead? This would make more sense to me.
edit on 7-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Maybe for diabetics?
Who knows?

I do remember late in 1983, when NutraSweet, (Aspartame),
was giving out free samples of sugar free gumballs!
I think you had to send for them though.

I was pregnant with baby #3 at the time,
& my obstetrician warned me not to touch anything with that in it!
He's still practicing & has always been a very wise man!

Humans are such an arrogant lot!
When will they learn that all that tampering with nature,
usually leads to more problems than solutions???

en.m.wikipedia.org...
WOQ

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Maybe the local drug rep gave the samples to a pharmacist for people who don't have diabetes, cancer, etc., but want those ailments. Based on sale of splenda, there is obviously demand to become ill.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The Pharmaceutical industry doesnt create cures, they create custumers.

They don't want to help you my friend, that would not rise their profit...
Healthy people ain't no good for doctors or pharmacists. Sick people do better.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
What pharmacy is this or how did you hear about it?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Did you say anything to a manager ? .....that would have been your perfect chance to voice your concern. ...and now you need to send an email to corporate, or you local news media. Cause a stir....I would. If no one speaks up, nothing will be changed and they will get away with it. We don't have those brand stores here, but if I see it happening here, I will speak up! Maybe "Splenda" isn't doing so well and they need to boost sales?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Yeah I think that's a good way to ensure people don't question this problem. Splenda as an alternative for diabetics sounds good on the surface but there has got to be a better way.

(superfoods for diabetics)

www.rd.com...=slide5

I'm glad to hear you had good care that's so important. My wife's first pregnancy was a roller coaster that almost ended in catastrophe, only to conclude more perfect than we could imagine. We did not even know what a healthy diet was at the time, neither did the doctor.

The doctor missed and almost seemed to ignore every sign of the onset of preeclampsia. To the point of neglecting to review vital bloodtest results for days, results which needed to be addressed immediately. I knew in my heart something was wrong, even though we were assured this was all normal so I got that girl to the hospital where the staff saved their lives. We were blessed to be there.

We're about to embark on that journey again now four years later, and this time we are putting much more focus on proper nutrition.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Maybe the local drug rep gave the samples to a pharmacist for people who don't have diabetes, cancer, etc., but want those ailments. Based on sale of splenda, there is obviously demand to become ill.

I think that's exactly it.

Many are demanding to become ill, just don't realize or don't care.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

The Pharmaceutical industry doesnt create cures, they create custumers.

They don't want to help you my friend, that would not rise their profit...
Healthy people ain't no good for doctors or pharmacists. Sick people do better.

For sure, I know their agenda.

It is just crazy, the blatant way they put it right in our faces yet still here in 2014 it seems like nobody even cares. I've been through the pharmaceutical system and it almost destroyed me, I know it's wise to steer clear of them now. (my addictive personality has caused me to slip a couple of times, definitely not perfect)

Medications of all sorts only mask symptoms, replace needed lifestyle change, and most likely create new problems.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
What pharmacy is this or how did you hear about it?

Safeway, or Vons, or Ralph's, or whatever the heck they call it if your near one, mine is a Safeway.

I just saw them sitting there on the counter.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Did you say anything to a manager ? .....that would have been your perfect chance to voice your concern. ...and now you need to send an email to corporate, or you local news media. Cause a stir....I would. If no one speaks up, nothing will be changed and they will get away with it. We don't have those brand stores here, but if I see it happening here, I will speak up! Maybe "Splenda" isn't doing so well and they need to boost sales?

Ya know, I bit my tongue, my thoughts were that the robot behind the counter wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about nor would they care.

It seems people get really defensive about the subject of health. I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to describe this, but I've seen people get kind of angry defending their habits or willful ignorance, and then will give you a hard time for caring about what you eat.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ironically, I study Pharmacy, but yes...you are right. We usually mask the symptoms and in many cases we don't even know how do those medication work.

And psychiatric drugs are pure evil

**just took a sleeping pill

Good night

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

And psychiatric drugs are pure evil

Ain't that the truth! Like I said earlier, I've been in that playground, or Hell rather. You guys messed me up

I'm much better now, but those damn demons are still chasing me.

Activity, healthy eating, and positive thinking are what keep me alive.
edit on 8-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I agree that the person behind the counter wouldn't care, or even understand what it is.......and I understand about biting your tongue at that moment....but....you could always go back, take a picture with your cell phone, and write your local newspaper, or tv station. That may do some damage ? Sometimes you can get the local news media on your side, and all of hell breaks loose! ....lol...but it is a shame how blinded the public is.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I like the sound of that, I know I need to do something about these things concerning me, I've become quite passionate about health and wellness but am fully guilty of not doing much about it outside of sharing what I can within my small circle. You motivate me to take it a step further, thanks.

edit on 8-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join