It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Now A Nation Of Cowards:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Time was America was the home of the free LAND OF THE BRAVE! for whatever their faults early Americans were brave, whether charting new frontier in the so-called wilderness,dared to separate themselves from the super power of their day to go it alone,or others resisting encroachment by would be settlers,others dared to survived in many ways rebelling against slavery, upholding the view that their dignity and sprite will not be broken and my children's children will be free for we shall over come,to the relative new comers who think take a chance with the nothing I have in this new land and I may win.
Fast forward to today,the taking that chance I spoke of is all but gone,beaten out of a lot of us by I don't know who,not to say there were not always fearful persons in our collective history for truth be told they were always with us,but we took chances, we have became so concerned by our personal well being and safety that we have become reactionary instead of being active,we punished others for doing the decent thing not even necessarily the brave thing.
Florida Lifeguard Fired for Trying to Save Drowning Man Outside of His Zone
news.yahoo.com...
Student Suspended For Pop-Tart Gun, Josh Welch, Files Appeal With Maryland County School System
www.huffingtonpost.com...
I won't continue to point out examples just visit other threads right here on the Social Issues and civil Unrest forum,all this thing about cops killing and brutalizing is based on fear,fear of the " big bad black guy" or "Don't trust white people" they are out to get you, Don't trust immigrants I don't want to learn Spanish or have my news in English sub titles ,Don't trust Muslims all they want is Sharia law so they can behead you and have multiple wives,Don't trust science I am fearful of losing my religion.Don't let kids play in the dirt because dirt is dirty.
There used to be a time when we could play cops and robbers on the school ground,we could get into fight without being suspended but with a stern warning from the principal's office or the teacher would step in and brake-up a fight without calling..SCHOOL COPS think about that one for a second,fights did not equal weapons of any kind you were considered a pussy if you did pull one and would be socially shunned,today guns and blades are drawn because we males are afraid to get hit in the face ooh the horror!, Try and give some woman first aid by opening up her blouse to restart her heart.. nope! fear of a law suite our politic is not much better fear of crossing the line to reach a compromise on anything.

How do we overcome this what are the solutions is there a solution?
edit on 6-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Dec 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: title

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Solution= nuclear/chemical/biological warfare

That will take care of those little b******s

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i could write a book about this, the truth is people don't really want to hear it.
it involves many things that when pointed out, you would be labeled everything in the book.

here's a clue, think back mid 60's to early 70's look at the everyday family, and then the counter culture that sprang forth and look at the children there after of each and every generation.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here in south Texas you would be hard pressed to find someone you could define as a "COWARD."
Misguided, confused, undereducated as to exactly what the situation is...yes. Not many *cowards* in this neck of the woods, though.
edit on Sun Dec 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i could write a book about this, the truth is people don't really want to hear it.
it involves many things that when pointed out, you would be labeled everything in the book.

here's a clue, think back mid 60's to early 70's look at the everyday family, and then the counter culture that sprang forth and look at the children there after of each and every generation.

You know I think you have a very valid point remember something called the "Me" generation where everything revolved around Me Myself and I...that state of mind gave way to a lonely fearful existence .

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'll admit it. We have five cats living with us.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In a proactive sense, yes. In a reactive...well, when SHTF, guess we'll find out.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Murica! Land of the..cats. ?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I feel the same way....Greed is a hell of a drug.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Isn't fighting back, and stuff, like a hatecrime?

Well…at least, last I checked, it's politically correct to grow a pussy.
Legal too.

# 332
edit on 7-12-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

WE ARE sworn to defend that persons right to have five cats!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Take my wife for instance....

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fear mongering by media , politicians and even artist is at an all time high,remember red,alert,orange alert,homeland security..spy on you to make you safe,you are not safe Ebola is gonna kill everyone,nuclear fumes from Japan is gonna radiate everyone in California

When fear meets greed.d.
Rapper Camron selling Ebola masks with his image on it
www.stereogum.com...

Oh having a Gay friend,relative,next door or at work or place of worship will make you gay change them or.. ..snub them
edit on 7-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Since 9/11 the US federal government, has been shouting from the rooftops, "Be afraid, be very afraid. Be afraid of every thing, from al qaeda to tornadoes, from ebola to the economy". Be afraid of not being politically correct. So much BS. Truly I am sick to death of it.
Like Texas, here in Tennessee, I don't think you will find many pussies, just over weight veterans with guns. Most of us have been in a scrap or two, and we aren't afraid of much.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
As far as the firing of the lifeguard, as the article says, it was because of legal liability issues. Say if you're looking after 15 kids at a daycare and there's a fire next door, and you leave the daycare to somehow help the fire, if something happened to a kid while you're gone...legal liability. Even if nothing happened, with state laws and whatever the company's license could be revoked...I'd imagine.

A business owner would probably not be too happy to lose it all just like that.
edit on 12/7/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Time was America was the home of the free LAND OF THE BRAVE! for whatever their faults early Americans were brave, whether charting new frontier in the so-called wilderness,dared to separate themselves from the super power of their day to go it alone,or others resisting encroachment by would be settlers,others dared to survived in many ways rebelling against slavery, upholding the view that their dignity and sprite will not be broken and my children's children will be free for we shall over come,to the relative new comers who think take a chance with the nothing I have in this new land and I may win.

This is a big part of the lie that most people still refuse to call a lie. America was never what they told us it was in the history books. Using the European model of subjugation and conquest, they invaded a land that was not theirs and committed state-sponsored genocide against the native inhabitants, all in the interest of "capital gains".

This is usually glossed over with comments like "for whatever their faults were". Look, infidelity is a personality "fault". Genocide and debt slavery go far beyond that.

So are Americans now a nation of pussies?

It always has been. If you don't give us what we want, we'll take it by force. I can't think of a more "pussy" thing to do. And it's still happening...
edit on 12/7/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe not such much pussies, but we don't have the balls combined with the intelligence to take a stand for what's RIGHT it seems.

This whole relativistic bullsh1t concept of right and wrong not existing, but rather that things are just degrees of better or worse and blah blah has crippled us.

Look at many asian nations' political discourse: These guys get into huge heated arguments, they sometimes even get physical. They are PASSIONATE because they BELIEVE in something. They strongly believe in right and wrong and regardless of whether they individually ARE right, they are willing to scream, argue and fight for what they believe in.

I would actually like to see our politicians show some damn emotion; show they they are truly emotionally invested in their job and what they believe.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

This is usually glossed over with comments like "for whatever their faults were". Look, infidelity is a personality "fault". Genocide and debt slavery go far beyond that.

So are Americans now a nation of pussies?

It always has been. If you don't give us what we want, we'll take it by force. I can't think of a more "pussy" thing to do. And it's still happening...

True enough but the historian in me knew that both Native Americans and African Americans played an important part in the conflict for colonial conquest and resistance to conquest,in both the slaver and enslaved for nothing is ever truly simple as us vs them.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join