It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Political Party Has the "Edge" with Police Power?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Good response.

But we need to find specifics.

How does the profit get affected?

How do large population areas threaten money generation by those who control all this?

We need to cite specific police departments that have the most military equipment.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How do large population areas threaten money generation by those who control all this?

The greater wealth in those large population centers (cities) being the revenue generated by all the taxes paid by the work force.

Next is all the imported food, goods, fuel, utilities and the revenue garnered from all the money spent on that. The city is a huge revenue pool when you add it all up, worth protecting at all costs. The police are the "protectors", the enforcement arm that makes sure the flow of revenue remains more or less constant.

Happy, earning citizens, placated and "marshaled " into step. (insert marching sounds)

I'm not into kicking any hornets nests, by the way. Too old for that. When the austerity measures (like in EU) to squeeze ever more out of the population stresses the people enough they will act upon their own. Then the police are a thin line compared to the potential. The amassed masses will become their worst nightmare. Thats why the fear measures being employed. The ruling class is afraid people will wake up.
edit on 6-12-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The greater wealth in those large population centers (cities) being the revenue generated by al the taxes paid by the work force.

Next is all the imported food, goods, fuel, utilities and the revenue garnered form all the money spent on that. The city is a huge revenue pool when you add it all up, worth protecting at all costs. The police are the "protectors", the enforcement arm that makes sure the flow of revenue remains more or less constant.

Happy, earning citizens, placated and "marshaled " into step. (insert marching sounds)

I'm not into kicking any hornets nests, by the way. Too old for that. When the austerity measures (like in EU) to squeeze ever more out of the population stresses the people enough they will act upon their own. Then the police are a thin line compared to the potential. The amassed masses will become their worst nightmare. Thats why the fear measures being employed. The ruling class is afraid people will wake up.

Exactly!

Thus the reason the current protests have been steered towards "racism" versus the real issue of the police state. By making it about race, it creates more of a divide.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Good post.

Let's take Ferguson as an example.

Not a big city.

And the rioting wasn't good for commerce in general.

So in big cities, perhaps the "police state" tactics are to control the population segments that may not be participating as much in commerce?

And I think most big cities have Democrat controlled governments at city and county levels.

Big city riots in the past have also been negative for commerce in general I think.

We need to get more specific.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Looking back from Nixon on it looks like a Federal Party issue whoever the party in power.

Plus a lot of police stuff boils down to local politics.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Both parties.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Good post.

Not a big city.

And the rioting wasn't good for commerce in general.

So in big cities, perhaps the "police state" tactics are to control the population segments that may not be participating as much in commerce?

And I think most big cities have Democrat controlled governments at city and county levels.

Big city riots in the past have also been negative for commerce in general I think.

We need to get more specific.

Hmmmm, I am starting to see some psychological aspects now, that could be used as more methods of control I haven't thought about before.

Going to have to chew on those thoughts for awhile....new puzzle pieces to play with if you will.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Both parties.

Your opinion is valuable.

If both parties benefit, is it votes? money? general power?

How would a reduced, non-militarized police force hurt them?

for clarity, 1033 Program started in 1997.

Prior to 1997, it was called something else from 1990.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, those that own both sides do of course.

Do you really believe any of this political nonsense isn't controlled? They all do as their told.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

Do you really believe any of this political nonsense isn't controlled? They all do as their told.

Yes perhaps the "controllers",

but where is the advantage of a "police state" for them?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

Yes perhaps the "controllers",

but where is the advantage of a "police state" for them?

The advantage is in the power itself. The only reason it is happening now is because they have the technology to bring any large scale domestic resistance to its knees. They want a slow drawn out battle so that most everyone will not feel the noose around their neck tightening. They want our children to think that this is a normal part of freedom. They want us to be caught off guard when they drop the floor and let us hang. Right now they just want those of us with active eyes and minds to feel the fear of the approaching storm.

Those with muscle tend to put it to use

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The usual tactic is distraction,this populace is quite mezmerized with what they are told.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

yours and my interests are not at all well served by caring which political party has the edge with police. such concerns are petty and have no longer term focus or concern for the public good or the rule of law.

Our interests are best served by finding ways of unifying supporters of both political parties and exerting pressure on them when in government and when out of office to rein in police thuggery and brutality in all of its forms against all citizens.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Not a big city.

But everyone in the cities saw it on TV. Lesson imparted. Ferguson was chosen maybe to limit the consequences of a full scale riot but still scare everyone in America into line. I'm not sure if they expected as much response as they are getting.

Last night there were protests in Berkeley, but I don't really know how big the clash with police got. There were people protesting and there was tear gas, the anti-free speech, police state, 'go to' squashing agent.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

The usual tactic is distraction,this populace is quite mezmerized with what they are told.

Why not, we are conditioned. We believe anything… Disney, Santa, Easter Bunny and the news desk.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thus the reason the current protests have been steered towards "racism" versus the real issue of the police state. By making it about race, it creates more of a divide.

Divde and Rule. We're already conquered, just need re subduing once in a while.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Vote for the farmer or his wife and you will still have the same pigs running the farm and shooting people.

This system is past repair, talking won't work and we need a reset i thinks.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

This is true. When a new congress member enters D.C. I would wager he is quickly schooled on the internal hierarchy and politics by the "career" senior members. They will be corrupted before any bill they create or support makes it to the floor.

As for the OP... both which means two arms of the same beast. It doesn't matter which arm takes power through elections... the citizens of the U.S. lose. Fascist or Communist police state... they both would feel pretty much the same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join