It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Egyptian Tomb Opening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This ones for the British users but may be of interest to other users.

Today, on the 12th, An Ancient Egyptian tomb is going to be opened on live TV.

The show is on at 9pm on Channel Five

Ill post what they find when the shows finished (for the other users)

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yea, i cant wait!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Nice idea, but a bit sensationalist. i watched the program last night, and although on the whole it was good, they presented many things as fact which are disputed.

Such as the Sphinx, they acknowledged it was a mystery, but didn't explain the water erosion of the body, the disproportionate head etc.

In the end they claimed it was built by Kufu's son, with no evidence (apart from the face "sort of" looks like him
) to back it up.

It was also, I found, very quick in skipping through some very interesting subjects, so I think it is one aimed at the mass market "Sheeple", who don't know better.

[edit on 12/12/04 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I thought it was quite funny especially the banter between Kate [TV presenter] and the guy opening the tomb [archaeologist].

Kaaate!!!

Then Kate hurt herself getting into the tomb [wonder what was going through her head at that moment as it sounded quite painful judging by the initial noise she made]. The cameras went wrong [possibly a curse]. Then the tomb turned out to have been robbed in antiquity, so no gold.

One thing distressed me, when they were looking at the museum mummies, and there was a mummy of a woman which was tilted to the right. The reason for this was so she could gaze eternally at her husband who would have been next to her [how romantic]. But not anymore cause their exhibition pieces!

top topics

join