It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propoganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Eward Bernays ...

I'll let you look him up if you wish.

I wanted to share an excellent internet resource on "Propoganda" called Changing Minds.

You can improve your own 'propoganda' or use it as a resource to detect the same. The use you make of it is up to you. My intent (and I thought long and hard about sharing this resource here) was to share a resource that will help everyone judge the quality of sources they are citing. Propoganda and myths are based on a (or a few) facts that are 'spun' into a fantasy for the purpose of deluding or mis-directling others.

The Six Tools for Managing Perception:

Atrocity accusations

Hyperbolic inflations

Demonization and dehumanization

Polarization

Divine sanction

and

Meta-propaganda

www.changingminds.org...

Link to homepage:

www.changingminds.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Interesting little read I must say.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to share a site that has a very good process of re-educating our minds into a better way of spotting the Fallacies foisted upon us easily because of the type of education most of us received in public schools . It's not the end all bee all but it goes through the historic educational systems and zeros in on the Liberal Classical type as being the best base from which to go forward with . The site has lots of pod casts and vids ,interviews and discussion forums from which to consider . www.tragedyandhope.com...

Now to read your link's ...thanks op a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yah, for the most part, unit the end. Under Meta Propaganda…

Show they have control of the media.

Maybe I missed it. The media is controlled, everyone knows that. That isn't "propaganda". For instance, in the US there is only one narrative about things like "Regime Change", and "Humanitarian Intervention". Their meaning is the opposite of what they say. They are overthrowing governments and invading nations while hiding behind those gentle euphemisms.

The mainstream media is only vetting one side of the argument. Who's controlling that dialogue?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I just wanted to share a site that has a very good process of re-educating our minds into a better way of spotting the Fallacies foisted upon us easily because of the type of education most of us received in public schools . It's not the end all bee all but it goes through the historic educational systems and zeros in on the Liberal Classical type as being the best base from which to go forward with . The site has lots of pod casts and vids ,interviews and discussion forums from which to consider . www.tragedyandhope.com...

Now to read your link's ...thanks op a reply to: FyreByrd

thank you, thank you!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Show they have control of the media.

Example : keep pointing out to Russia its media is being controlled to minimize what is been said.

Basically the whole read is what has been used against the Libyan, Syrian, Ukrainian, etc. situation. You`re better off just looking for the facts instead of listening to the same baseless repeated lines being spewed out by the media in those situations.
edit on 6 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

TextThe mainstream media is only vetting one side of the argument. Who's controlling that dialogue?

I am surprised that you need to ask that question . Follow the money .

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just found this over at Alternet:

Propaganda Has Triumphed over Journalism, and the Consequences Are Enormous

www.alternet.org...

A short quote:

The times we live in are so dangerous and so distorted in public perception that propaganda is no longer, as Edward Bernays called it, an “invisible government”. It is the government. It rules directly without fear of contradiction and its principal aim is the conquest of us: our sense of the world, our ability to separate truth from lies.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You`re better off just looking for the facts instead of listening to the same baseless repeated lines being spewed out by the media in those situations.

Agreed. I think thats what I do, don't I?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for the vid. I was asking the question to make others think… I think.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've been aware of these things since I was a kid. My father and his brothers used to discuss these kinds of things back in the early sixties. I would listen to them while I drank coffee out of the saucer and ate homemade cookies and cake.

I was conditioned not to mention these things out in public. They were discussions that only were between close relatives usually. It's strange I found a place to discuss these things. I had thought that the FBI would be knocking on your door if you talked about these things in public most of my life. I'm actually a little disappointed that there isn't a black SUV parked outside.

Oh wait, I own a really dark SUV.
I'm not disappointed anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

*propaganda

new topics

top topics

join