It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redirect to blank pages when clicking links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Recently I'd had a problem with mysterious adware, but I seem to have taken care of it.
Now, however, I have a new problem; every now and then when I click on a link, instead of going to the proper page, it goes directly to a blank page. The name on the tab is always "Sup", while the url is different each time. The most recent was "www.fundance.in/alerts/jhsghg/?_rff=px.pluginh".
Does anyone know what this would be, or how to make it stop?

Edit: As far as I can tell, this happens when clicking links from any page, not one in particular.
edit on 12/6/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You're getting browser-jacked. It means you didn't take care of the malware problem - or you've got more malware than you realized.

You can try to clear history/cookies in your browser. That might work. If not another round of Malwarebytes, CC Cleaner, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Step 1.. Log in to Safe Mode.

Step 2.. Check the LAN settings in your browser and make sure it is not ticked to use a proxy server. It should be "automatically detect settings"

Step 3.. Run a full scan on Malwarebytes.

Usually takes care of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
Step 1.. Log in to Safe Mode.

Step 2.. Check the LAN settings in your browser and make sure it is not ticked to use a proxy server. It should be "automatically detect settings"

Step 3.. Run a full scan on Malwarebytes.

Usually takes care of it.

You forgot, disconnect from the internet and then run mbam and cc. Some malware is clever and can hide and reinfect your system after the scan completes.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: trollz
You're getting browser-jacked ...

NB: If the browser has been hijacked then redirects could occur on any website.
If the redirects only occur whilst on a specific website then it isn't browser-jacking.

microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/browser-hijacking.aspx.

Above is a link to a microsoft page with tips on how to fix browser hijacking.
edit on DecemberSat, 06 Dec 2014 21:35:23 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join