It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality? How about fixing American moron brutality first?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Even if the police in America commits 0 fatal shootings the nearly 400 shootings the policeforce averages nationwide would still only make a dent in the 10.000 gun related deaths. And I am pretty sure violence related non shooty weapons come on top of that. We kept sending exchange students in that meatgrinder avoiding big cities and sending them to villages with a population less of our schools sometimes (much to the dismay of the exchange students, while your students went to Cologne, Amsterdam, Paris and the like) and finally this year it happened. A German exchange student got shot death and it wasnt by a cop.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You didn't get the memo?
White policemen only hunt down innocent black men that are surrendering with their hands up and shoot them in the back.
Nothing else matters.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Murder is illegal everywhere. What is your point?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Heart disease: 596,577
Cancer: 576,691
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
Diabetes: 73,831
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
Pharmaceuticals:
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518
In 2012, 33,175 (79.9%) of the 41,502 drug overdose deaths in the United States were unintentional, 5,465 (13.2%) were of suicidal intent, 80 (0.2%) were homicides, and 2,782 (6.7%) were of undetermined intent.1

..cdc 2012

You should be okay, I would look for other things to fear personally, like American jealousy, that ones just unhealthy.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All I know is that the MSM/ultra-Academic complex has everybody flipp'n and freak'n out.

2014 has been a banner year for big failures of all sorts.

Hands on throats.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The glaring irony is hard to miss, they protest about police shootings but are deafly quiet about all the murders and crimes that are committed by the people who are raised in the ghettos that they themselves have created.
I think this why their protests don`t get much support or sympathy from a lot of people.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What a surprise that a country full of guns and everybody afraid(key word AFRAID) that gun stuff happens..Im not anti gun either..more general common sense kinda guy. It is what it is..don't like it you better move to another country.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Merinda
I am not paying criminals to do XYZ but I am paying the police to do a job and not go out pushing people around or killing them for kicks.

The police in the USA are worse than Hitler's SS-Guards and earn five times the money

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

The police in America are worse than the Schutzstaffel were?!

Really?! Really?!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Police brutality isn't about guns. Eric Garner didn't have any guns on him. He only appeared to be a threat because of his size. Him 'resisting' arrest appeared to be minimal, but the deadly force was still justified according to the grand jury decision. There is something very wrong here.

The police are regularly crossing the line of the 'protect and serve' mantra into something far darker. It is not their job to keep people from being morons or assholes or to punish the people who are. It IS their job to handle a situation like this but they are way off if they think the Eric Garner situation is acceptable policy. Not every person they arrest is going to obey their every word and gleefully go along for the fun ride to the jailhouse.

The days when you could count on a cop to be an honest and respectful person are long gone. There used to be a solemn honor to be a cop because on any given day an officer's life could be in imminent danger and they might one day have to make the ultimate sacrifice. In today's upside down world they force that responsibility onto the arrestee or face consequences with no limits and no day in court. The police have put the danger on the citizens in order to take care of themselves and have understandably lost respect because of this new-age policy. The check-and-balance system of authority our government is supposed to follow is essentially non-existent in the real world when protecting citizens from abusive police.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
I am not paying criminals to do XYZ but I am paying the police to do a job and not go out pushing people around or killing them for kicks.

The police in the USA are worse than Hitler's SS-Guards and earn five times the money

That`s right you do pay them,you pay them to do a dangerous job that you won`t do, but that doesn`t give you the RIGHT to tell them how and when they should put their lives in jeopardy.
Based on the situation and their training they get to make the call as to when and how they feel that THEIR life is in jeopardy.
If you want to play Dr Phil with dangerous people and put YOUR life in jeopardy, then put on a uniform and go out there and show us how it`s done.

No matter if you are paying someone or how much you are paying them YOU never have the RIGHT to tell them how and when they should put THEIR life in jeopardy.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So when is the police gonna change their slogan to "To Swerve and Deflect"?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
People have a right to live even when a cop sees you breaking the law. When cops apply to the job they know their lives will be in jeopardy at any given moment. Americans are easily the most criminal people in the world according to our incarceration rate. The cops had better know how to deal with criminals. They could kill every criminal in the country and get away with it as long as they say they were threatened. Eric Garner's crime was trivial and he never appeared to be a threat to that gang of cops. What has this country become when a cop can justifiably murder someone for a petty crime? What are citizens supposed to do when they are threatened by a cop? Just try and resist or fight back and they can put you in the ground. Cops regularly abuse power during routine traffic stops too. Just because it doesn't end in somebody being killed doesn't mean there's not an abuse of power happening every day.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

were "morons" paid to kill people with tax dollars, I would entertain this thread as anything other than an antigun rant.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If worse is better they should earn more. But seriously, thats a bit of hyperbole.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All I know is that the MSM/ultra-Academic complex has everybody flipp'n and freak'n out.

2014 has been a banner year for big failures of all sorts.

Hands on throats.

And that is by design.

To keep us fighting with each other, and ignore what the 'state' does.

Thats why everyone is talking about race, and the police.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Police brutality is one issue,

On top of making false arrests, excessive force, setting people up. Breaking their own rules while violating the constitution, intimidation, bullying, falsifying reports, planting evidence, you name it.

Guns are not the issue.

Edit : my solution
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-12-2014 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The glaring irony is hard to miss, they protest about police shootings but are deafly quiet about all the murders and crimes that are committed by the people who are raised in the ghettos that they themselves have created.
I think this why their protests don`t get much support or sympathy from a lot of people.

Wow...that just kinda jumped the shark. You should work on veiling your racist nature more..

(a) No.."they" haven't created their own ghettos...it's not a lifestyle choice..and who is "they" BTW?
(b) Living in a "ghetto" doesn't mean that it's Ok for the police to shoot you.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

That`s right you do pay them,you pay them to do a dangerous job that you won`t do, but that doesn`t give you the RIGHT to tell them how and when they should put their lives in jeopardy.
Based on the situation and their training they get to make the call as to when and how they feel that THEIR life is in jeopardy.
If you want to play Dr Phil with dangerous people and put YOUR life in jeopardy, then put on a uniform and go out there and show us how it`s done.

No matter if you are paying someone or how much you are paying them YOU never have the RIGHT to tell them how and when they should put THEIR life in jeopardy.

No see that is where you are wrong. As the one who pays them, we can tell them how they act/re-act if they still want the gig. There are RoE to follow. Nice try though.

Sadly, everything is stacked to protect the cops no matter what they do wrong.

Those mock trials King George had for the soldiers is all that we have now.

Derek

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would be a cop but where i grew up they taught us in school, and my parents taught me not to join a gang.

They're easily identifiable. Normally they wear the same type of clothes, have their own slang terms specific to them, tend to carry weapons, get involved in illegal activity, glorify such behavior to make it attractive to youths, and always act like real hardasses when there is more than one of them present.

You tell me how the police aren't the biggest, most well organized and funded street gang in the country.

top topics

join