It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they are poachers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllyofHumanity9220

So my question is this: What would it be like if the first alien forces we encountered visiting our world were poachers or resource explorers?

If indeed that is the case, that they are interplanetary/intergalactic poachers, I wonder what would be stopping them from just parking a mothership and a huge vacuum cleaner and sucking the life, the genetic material, the chloroplasts from thisi planet?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AllyofHumanity9220

Well if they were wanting to colonize our world then they would definitely not want us using Atomic Weapon's but then how would they go about colonizing, bring being's here (would seem an immense undertaking given the probable time of the journey and the distance) and wipe us out or perhaps and just perhaps they would Turn us into them over a long period of time, a delicate process that perhaps we would not want to happen as there would eventually come a time when old humanity was made surplus and there was enough of them here to take over.

Perhaps there earth is a prison or they are educational excursions from the future come to look at the monkey people with there self destructive urges.

Still poacher's, what are they poaching or collecting though it easily as good a solution as any other I have heard, personally though I believe they are far more local than that and not from another star system, though perhaps they are from another dimension very close to our own that can bleed into our reality on occasion accidentally or on purpose.

edit on 6-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Poachers? Are you referring to the cow issue?

On the cow issue which is a tiny portion of ufology, Leuren Moret gave quite a bit of inside info during an interview concerning nuclear industry and the Royals and their depopulation, handing populations over to Big Pharma for huge profits, etc.

One of the tidbits was how they monitor the doses of nuclear radiation in the populations, they seem to want it at an exact amount that will, cover their tracks, so its not so obvious that it alarms everyone, but at the same time gives results, higher profits and some thinning of the herd I believe. She gave a couple examples, named one of the big elected bad guys, name slipped my mind, like Cheney or someone, they're all the same to me anyway, sorry. But this guy sent special agents over to Iraq where they were using all the depleted uranium weapons and ammunition and did tests, think its in eyes or uterus, and then he ordered it upped. He wanted more results there because we're kept in the dark here about there anyway.

But she also brought up, that every single cow mutilation case takes place down wind from nuclear power plants.

ie. they want it at an exact progressive rate of damage without alarming the public, so if its a tad too low, they'll up the leaks.

So that portion of "ufology" isn't exactly ufology now is it?

Real ufology is your Family and the Wake up team trying to wake you up and get you back on mission, overcoming flaws here and helping others. The rest don't count they're just lower downs like our leaders, gravity based murderers. Literally they don't count, the people do and getting them out of here.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It makes sense to me,
as poachers they would naturally want to keep a low profile so as not to attract the attention of the galactic " game wardens".
They would be sure to be caught if they parked a huge mother ship next to earth and started sucking up all the resources.
why travel all the way back to your own solar system to get water and other resources to restock your outpost when there are plenty of resources on the 3rd planet from the sun in the solar system where your outpost is located.
of course you would have to be careful not to disturb the indigenous wildlife least they get spooked and stampede or raise some other sort of ruckus that would attract the attention of the galactic game warden.

I think it`s safe to assume that it isn`t us that they are trying to hide from because there is nothing we can do to harm them, even if we wanted to.They are hiding from something or someone much more powerful than us,we are like the watchdog of the planet if we start barking too loud at the intruders it will attract the attention of the game warden.
you only try to hide when your doing something you aren`t suppose to be doing.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

because this is not a cartoon/sci fi movie?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

you only try to hide when your doing something you aren`t suppose to be doing.

My thinking exactly...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky the amont of times these beings have visited us must prove that we have something they need or want, and cant or haven't got themselves even with their tech its something we have that they need it must be like gold to them! if you had a gold source would you tell other people?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
there are so many freakin' possibilities in this case.
I tend to think about them. Whom are they watching right now? How many of them are watching? Are they interested solely in us or something we have...
Are they coming? ... or better, ... are they already here?

Personally, I think they are here. I wouldn't be surprised if the explanations from the Dark Skies movie were correct.

edit on 6-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Poachers? The intergalactic fish & Game is waiting and watching in a lagrange point hunting blind.... they are onto these bastards.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Just wondering, have you ever read the briefings themselves?

Read or watched? I've watched a bunch of videos, but I've lost track from which book. I think I've watched most from Book 1? But it was a while ago. I tried doing the Steps to Knowledge as well, the daily lessons, but lost interest after a week or so.

If you are trying to educate people, why don't you start a thread beginning with the AoH premise, that these forces are attempting to keep the human race divided, which is fairly easy to see and show, and attempt to identify those humans who are possibly influenced as the AoH say and who are trying to steer the "outsiders" agenda(s).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I've watched a bunch of videos, but I've lost track from which book. I think I've watched most from Book 1?

I would recommend downloading the ebook from their website, it is a profoundly good read. Book one is free, maybe even book two.

I tried doing the Steps to Knowledge as well, the daily lessons, but lost interest after a week or so.

That is a whole other discussion... I am taking the Steps, and can definitely attest to their power in reshaping my experience of life. However, they require honest and committed participation, and more than a little perseverance, so do not take them lightly. Perhaps you lost interest because you could not feel the necessity of Knowledge in your life.

If you are trying to educate people, why don't you start a thread beginning with the AoH premise, that these forces are attempting to keep the human race divided, which is fairly easy to see and show, and attempt to identify those humans who are possibly influenced as the AoH say and who are trying to steer the "outsiders" agenda(s).

I am still new to this forum, so I am only just feeling things out. That is a very good idea, though! I will think about how I can incorporate the ten-point summary of the briefings into a post...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

What is more disturbing, an outright invasion, or a subtle shift in power to unknown forces beyond this world? On the one hand, you have a definitive enemy/opposing force to counter. On the other hand, you have no signs of any invasions or nefarious activity, apart from the most unreliable source imaginable: witness statements. So our self-determination as a race can be entirely given away without anyone really noticing... One day we wake up and we are a client state to an interplanetary version of the IMF...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Would it be safe to say, with all the space and dead rock in space, that lush and diverse biospheres, such as our own, are not exactly common?

Nope because we know thanks to nearly 20 years of exoplanet research and primarily thanks to NASA's Kepler spacecraft that:

Potentially lush habitable planets are likely common. Our Galaxy may have between 40 and 100 billion Earths.

Even if one in five solar systems (just a random figure) harbored life on this scale,

Not a bad number for a random guess... NASA found that 22% of stars like our Sun likely have a habitable or Earthlike planet:

Interstellar distance could make it prohibitively difficult to gain and maintain access to any unclaimed territories.

Our Galaxy is 100,000 light years across and likely encompasses billions of planets like Earth the majority of which probably are not inhabited by anyone pesky like us.

Based on the above numbers researchers worked out the average distance between habitable planets. The nearest habitable planet in terms of distance to the Earth is likely within 10-12 light light years:

10 light years is right next door in the context of our Galaxy. It is a distance that if we wanted to we could with present day technology could send a probe on a 100 year journey to.

Furthermore, our local neighborhood (a sphere which expands out to 32.6 light years) has anywhere from 132-160 Earthlike worlds:

On the other hand, the average distance to the next present-day civilization at our level or above could be hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of light years.

All of which makes it very unlikely that interstellar travellers are going around the galaxy fighting, invading or "poaching" planets.

There are probably plenty for every one with a lot of space between civilizations.

Even with our level of technology we are finding plenty.

NASA announced earlier this year that in Kepler data, they found the first Earth sized planet in a habitable or "Goldilocks" zone where its not too hot or cold for liquid water:

Just in Kepler data alone we know of several M-class planets similar to Earth in terms of possible surface temperature.

And there are plenty more Earthlike candidates (planets with an Earth Similarity Index (ESI) number greater than 50%) in the Kepler data just from studying a small section of sky in the constellation Lyra:

And 90% of candidate planets are eventually confirmed as Kepler 186 f was:

We've already begun making a map.....

Now imagine what a civilization 100,000 thousand, 1 million or 1 billion years older & more advanced than us would know about the galaxy. They'd know that their cosmic back yard more than likely is a mostly uninhabited garden unless they were incredibly unlucky.

So I would not worry about "space wars", "space pirates", "space poachers" "space cowboys" "good guys and bad guys" and the like. Based on what we are learning about our galaxy they are most likely more sci-fiction than sci-fact.
edit on 8-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There is a lot of good data here, but also quite a bit of speculation and assumption.

...billions of planets like Earth the majority of which probably are not inhabited by anyone pesky like us.

On the other hand, the average distance to the next present-day civilization at our level or above could be hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of light years.

There are probably plenty for every one with a lot of space between civilizations.

There are far too many blanks to make such statements with any certainty. We have no way of really knowing how many inhabited planets are out there. Researchers are scanning for radio transmissions, but that is assuming that radio is still used by advanced civilizations. Ruling out advanced life because of such a haphazard criterion makes no sense, given that we currently cannot comprehend the lack of knowledge we possess.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There are far too many blanks to make such statements with any certainty. We have no way of really knowing how many inhabited planets are out there.

While we don't know for sure how near the next civilization is we do know for sure how near their homes would probably be and that puts a constraint on the prevalence because we'd probably have noticed them if they were in our neighborhood plundering, invading and poaching as sci-fi likes to portray.

Researchers are scanning for radio transmissions, but that is assuming that radio is still used by advanced civilizations.

There are plenty of things which emit radio, not necessarily for communications either. Radio could simply be a byproduct of some advanced technology which lay in our future some of which have already been imagined and would be detectable over interstellar distances.

examples:

Asteroid protection radar (we kinda have this now).
Power beaming stations using microwaves (planned)
Fusion Pulse Engines (theorized)

I could go on but you get the picture.

Also researchers are also looking for lasers both visible and infrared so its not limited to just radio either.

Ruling out advanced life because of such a haphazard criterion makes no sense, given that we currently cannot comprehend the lack of knowledge we possess.

Who said I ruled out advanced life? I didn't. Advanced life could be throughout the galaxy.

All I ruled out was their motivation for wanting to "poach" planets.

If you have an garden in your back yard why would you go across town to rob a vegetable stand?

The fact that we are debating this is also evidence that our galaxy is not teaming with invasion fleets as it is likely they would have located the Earth long before you, I or any other human for that matter was born because our Solar System and planet are young compared to many of the nearby stars and most of the stars on our Galaxy which are billions of years older.

Like I said, invasions are likely to be only great sci-fi and not necessarily sci-reality.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

There are plenty of things which emit radio, not necessarily for communications either. Radio could simply be a byproduct of some advanced technology which lay in our future some of which have already been imagined and would be detectable over interstellar distances.

What if they are subterranean? I would also imagine that some measure of discretion is valuable if you are not looking to advertise your presence to the whole stellar neighborhood.

Okay, so we are both speculating on a few things, I concede. I just don't like going with the assumptions made by the Fermi paradox. And I do not like the sci-fi-esque approach either, because that is merely projecting human ethics and MO's onto far more advanced forces that potentially differ from us like a slug from a beetle.

There is only very tenuous evidence to suggest the presence of foreign craft in our skies - the kind of evidence anyone with a dash of science would necessarily (and sometimes enthusiastically) dismiss - not to mention the unreliable nature of witness testimonies, which accounts for the abduction phenomenon with as wide an array of theories as Psychology will allow. I mention all of this, because it is rather easy to say, "show me the evidence" knowing full well that there is virtually none.

The excitable nature of the human imagination, paired with its fondness for mind-altering substances has further degraded the issue of foreign visitation, making it into a cesspool of unsavory concepts and associations. All the while we are scanning for life on other planets, hoping for some sign that we are not alone after all...

On the other hand, there is absolutely no reason why an advanced civilization wouldn't be fairly capable of remaining entirely hidden from us, both in their world and even in ours. Considering this, one may wonder, are they perhaps already here? And then the images of great invasions and armadas of vessels and laser fights and spectacular things of that nature come to mind. But what if they were not your average Hollywood monster without a brain? What if they have developed great skill in the art of deception and manipulation? Why would they expose themselves, if they can act - without opposition, without accountability - without disclosure? Many if's, I know. However, this is not unlikely, given our own fondness for trying to outsmart each other. How much greater this faculty would be honed in a universe of intelligent life, where inter-planetary competition and trade may exist?

My initial question related to their needs for biological resources. So you postulated that there would be plenty of biologically rich worlds that do not belong to anyone. However, this is an assumption. Until recently (few thousand years) this planet could also have been said to not really belong to anyone. But now it pretty much is overrun with humanity. If a planet is conducive to life on this scale, it is conducive to life, on this scale. It is as if nature fills in the gaps. Then there is the idea of colonization. How many unclaimed planets (of value) within reach of an advanced civilization would be left unclaimed? Consider this in light of humanity's own dispersion across the face of the world...

The complex nature of the emergence of human civilization may yield fascinating analogues to the emergence of a world into a greater community, either through its own efforts of exploration, or through the discovery and visitation by others. So many people say, "yes, but humanity is cruel and brutish and greedy and corrupt and motivated entirely by selfish pursuits - more advanced races would surely know better! They wouldn't be driven merely by the need for resources!"

But what have our own recent technological advances yielded in terms of ethics and morality? Have our discoveries and technological advancements freed us in any way from our need for resources?

Sorry, I got a bit carried away here...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I tend towards the notion that any intelligence with the ability to travel from some Point A to our own Point B (Earth) would not require our resources.

Pretty much. We're talking about the technological ability to manipulate matter (or reality) on all scales. Anything they desired could probably be "manifested" in some way far beyond our current understanding.

It's hard for us in our little and limited hard physical world to imagine those levels of intelligence and power. So we project our own fears and weaknesses on the "aliens."

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So I'm sure as hell not going to fly millions of lightyears away for a burger that's for sure. Especially if I have to core, drain and butcher it myself first. I'd just as soon as stop by the fly through Sonic on Reticuli.

Unless these advanced aliens live in our backyard, I.e. Solar system, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to fly lightyears to some backwater planet filled with a bunch of raving psychopaths. Just ain't gonna happen. I mean really, to what end? To study us? To protect us? Haha #ing ha, I swear only selfabsorbed humans would think they are important enough....

A similar chemical composition of our planet much much much closer to home would be a more viable stop for resources. Besides, if you can fly millions of lightyears whatya need with our polluted rock?

Certain questions similar to what I've stated, if answered, leads one to a very different conclusion than safari happy aliens, IMHO of course.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
you only try to hide when your doing something you aren`t supposed to be doing.

Not necessarily. Of all the reasons I can think of as to why an "alien" similar to us would want to keep their activities on the down-low, the best I can come up with is that they're somehow from our own future, and that any activities they engage in have to be carefully selected to not radically alter the future to the point where it could destroy their own existence.

Otherwise, they're part of a level of reality that is incomprehensible to us, such that their "hiding" is equivalent to us being incomprehensible to an ant colony in the back yard.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Tardacus
you only try to hide when your doing something you aren`t supposed to be doing.

Not necessarily. Of all the reasons I can think of as to why an "alien" similar to us would want to keep their activities on the down-low, the best I can come up with is that they're somehow from our own future, and that any activities they engage in have to be carefully selected to not radically alter the future to the point where it could destroy their own existence.

Time travelers makes a whole lot more sense than ET's.

I'm somewhere between inner dimensional beings who lived here as longs as us, time travelers or a really nasty propaganda campaign. Or a little of all three, like a combo meal you might find and the Intergalactic Sonic Burger.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join