It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One UFO Sighting Solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
On August 26th of this year I receive a frantic phone call a little after midnight...I guess that would make it the 27th.
It was a buddy I grew up with in Texas, he moved to Illinois, hadn't spoken with him for years.
I had described to him some UFO sightings I have had in the past. He believed me, but took it with an obvious grain of salt.
I answer the phone, "Holy cow, man...I believe you now! I am looking at them right now!"
"Looking at what?" I Ask.
"I am watching a whole bunch of UFO's flying over the airport!
"How far away is the airport?"
"About 5 or 6 miles."
I ask him to describe them. He says they are flickering lights performing impossible maneuvers.
He called the sheriff's department and everything.
I'll try to make a long story short.
He spent several days investigating.
Turns out there was a billboard with upward pointing lights and purple martins were swooping through the lights to catch a belly full of mosquitoes.
The billboard was only about a half mile away, but from his vantage point, it was blocked by trees.
This guy was a sniper in the Army and completely misjudged the distance of what he was seeing.
So, I guess, right up there with satellites, weather balloons, and swamp gas, we can add birds eating mosquitoes in upward aimed billboard lights to a possibility in some sightings.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't think your friend "misjudged" the the distance, because snipers are known for exaggerating distances.

Anyway good story, what UFO experiences have you had?
edit on 6-12-2014 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
I don't think your friend "misjudged" the the distance, because snipers are known for exaggerating distances.

Anyway good story, what UFO experiences have you had?

I've skimmed over a few on here. I'm sure you could dig around and find some of my succinctly paraphrased accounts.
They damn sure weren't swamp gas or birds.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Thanks for the story. I'll bet at least 10% of UFO sightings are birds or as they are sometimes called in UFO photos, "blurds".

The Lubbock lights case came to mind, where four professors saw a V-shaped formation of UFOs. Initially they denied they could have been birds, because they would have had to seriously misjudge the altitude and velocity for that to be the case, but apparently it took years for one of the witnesses to come around to the birds idea which many people still don't accept:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In "Captain Edward J Ruppelt : Summer of the Saucers - 1952" (2000) Michael David Hall and Wendy Ann Connors refer to research by David Wheeler identifying the mysterious scientist as Professor Ducker. Their book suggests that "Ducker had had conversations with Ruppelt in later years and told him that he conclusively proved their UFO sightings were caused by birds. In fact, these author's have recently discovered this correspondence in Ruppelt's personal papers."
While your story in no way proves the Lubbock lights were birds, it does lend some credibility to the idea that birds at night can be mistaken for UFOs, and that it's possible to misjudge speed, altitude and distance of unknown objects.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I saw about a dozen silver orbs performing in the sky around midday a few years ago , I watched them with my heart pounding as they flew around each other and slowly moved closer to my position , then I realised they were Seagulls reflecting sunlight.

top topics

join