It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wierd noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hey guys.
About 12months ago, every sunday morning for a few months i noticed that my computer sound system made a wierd noise. At first i just thought it was the speaker picking up a radio or truck signal, but it was just so wierd, i couldnt understand what was being said but it was just keep repeating itself.
The noise was very soft (volume wise) and seemed like it was a wierd ass voice, it would speak for 5 seconds, then repeat itself, over and over. When the speakers where turned off it wouldnt make the noise. only when they where on, dispit if the computer was turned on or off or even if the speakers where pludged into the computer. I dont believe it would of had anything to do with a virus because i would make the noise even if it was unpludged....
I dont remember when the noise stopped because i didnt think it was such an important thing at the time... i should of been more observant
i dont hear the noise anymore, and i acturally just got a new sound system.
The speakers were just some #ty ones i got with the computer, with a centeral SUbwooder and 2speakers. with a on/off button, and volume and bass knobb. The system is... *3d-601 Multimedia Subwoofer Speaker System*. It didnt matter what volume the speakers where on, the *wierd noise* was just stayed at a consistant soft volume, i could rip it up as loud and it could go and it would still make the *wierd noise* and the hissy sounds you get when you rip up any speakers to max. it appeared to me that it came out of both the speakers and possibly the subwoofer. I remember always putting my head really close to the speakers to get a better listen...

it was wierd

anyone else experience this?
any idea? paranormal or techniqual problems.... i have concluded yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well if I remember correctly speaker can pick up electromagnetic interference so it could be something normal or it could be a ghost. Get a electromagnetic reader and check out the room. Do you have a webcam? Set it up for motion detect leave the room around the time the noise happens you could get something there.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't know, surely there is a rational explanation for this. Atleast more rational than a ghost. I just don't see a spirit attempting to communicate with or scare you yet only do it one a certain day, not make the statement load and clear and repeat itself exactly over and over again.

Now, if the speakers are unpluged from your computer or anything else which could transmit information to your speakers yet you still hear things, then perhaps something is transmiting a signal which the speakers catch. If the speakers are also unpluged from a power source then something must also be transmiting some sort of electrical current..which doesn't affect you or anything else besides the speakers (that you are aware of). If that is the case, then it is possible the reason the voice is so faint because the power or signal strength needed for you to properly hear the transimisson is not enough due to the transmitter being too far away from you, and probably not actually directed to your speakers, but something on a near frequency.

I mean, I don't know. Each scenario (ghost included) seems too unlikely for me. I am curious to know what's going on there, though. Certianly has me wondering. I do hope you find your answer, it could be very exciting. Maybe you should plug up the old speakers on a Sunday, then record the sound being made using a tape recorder and later play it back for yourself at an increased volume. I'd sure do it, definalty worth the investment in a cheap audio recorder.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
On occasions i have picked up Police radio when they have been on the road outside my old flat....rather amusing, i had an Early Warning System for any impending raids

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My pc makes weird noises via speakers whenever i have my mobile (cell phone) on the same table. Im guessing interference, not likely anything paranormal.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yeah, mobiles too...in fact any EM radiation is going to affect the speakers to some degree, as they work by magnetic fields and the like.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ive got the mobile phone problem too. At first I thought it was morse code or something but when I got my mobile closer to the speakers the noise would get louder so I knew it was my mobile then.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yep - had that all the time, although it wasn't a repeating noice/voice. It was the cb's coming in over my cheap speakers. Every time one of the trucks came in on a certain channel my speakers would pick it up.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
maybe you've picked up a military radio signal or something, kinda interesting if you can hear what people or things are talkin about on ur speaker!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
its thinks its highly unlikly that it *was* a radio signal because i nowhere near a main road, and my street is generally quiet, and i dont to often have trucks going down it.
And i also know what the phone mobile interference is. i get that all the time, but im 100% it wasnt that, this is a voice talking, not a mobile trying to pick up reception or whateva its doing...
Its Tuesday today, ill pludge in my old sounds system and see what happens on sunday and post if i hear anything and my obervation... so stay tunned!
if it does make the noise, i might record it on my mic and post it up here to download

top topics

join