It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnotic Theft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This V.T.
Shows a man touching the shop keeper and putting him into a trance .
He first removed the guys wallet and moves in again a removes the days takeings from the other pocket.
Something about this does not compute with me.

At first I thought insurance fraud but if so a standard hold up would be more apt to present for compensation.
Also I thought if this guy the alleged hypno theif realy does have the power to touch people and mesmerise them .
What Is he doing wasteing such a talent on a small shop with cctv for a few hundred pounds.,,

Its not standard policy to keep the days takeings in ones front trouser pockets so how did the theif know ?
They describe the theft? as pick pocketing how ever thats a crime of stealth and distracion done without the victim realiseing a theft has ocoured.
This Is done in front of the victim who sees whats hapening and seems unable to act untill the hypno guy moves to exit the shop.

Its said that Its impossable to hyponotise a person unless they are very sugestable.
And even so its not possable to hypnotise some one and make them do any thing against there will
What going on any theorys?

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sorry above link not found
This one is ok

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Depends, it does sound fake though.

I have seen master thief on TV shows, using the power of suggestion and misdirection, he was able to steal the person's wallet, cash, and watch without that person noticing anything at all.

The idea, is to distract the victim's attention, rendering their focus for just a few brief seconds, is already enough.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Anyone can be hypnotized(Note I said CAN be), and ARE several times daily without their awareness, unless they have mental issues, or a below average IQ. That said. There is an element of trust involved. Someone who doesn't want to be, can resist if they know what is going on.

The suspect in question is probably using a combination of NLP and waking hypnosis. In the video, it looks like he's also using anchors. I'd love to see a clear video, but I'm betting the shopkeeper knew this guy from coming in his store previously.

ETA: Check out some Derren Brown videos on youtube. You'll get a good idea of how it works.
edit on 12/5/2014 by Klassified because: ETA

new topics

top topics

join