It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Monroe Police Officer On Leave After Fatal Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A little local news going on here. Another shooting of an unarmed person by police.
12 bullet holes in the store front...store was open and had people in it.
The employees called the cops on him, likely for loitering or asking for change as stated by someone who knew him to hang around the store. The cop and the man exchanged words and the officer opened up on him.
Not sure what was said, but witnesses are saying he wasn't armed, but gonna keep an eye on this.
The locals have said they are keeping the details of the investigation quiet as to not have a situation.
Not all of that is stated in the link but I cant find the earlier TV8 report.

link

"He wouldn't harm a fly. He's gonna ask you for two things: beer or a cigarette. He may beg for a little change or something. We all have fed him around here," he said. Jelicia George, who also lives in the area, said she just saw the man a few days ago. "I never knew him to be a harmful guy, or something that would get him shot, I was just surprised," she said.

link2

West Monroe resident Laurie Eley said she heard gunshots from her home and learned the victim was a man that believes she knew well. "He was a sweetheart of a man. We called him Keith. I don't know his last name." West Monroe Police were initially called to the scene but have turned over the investigation to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office. Louisiana State Police are assisting in the investigation. "They unloaded the gun on him," Eley said. The victim has not yet been identified by law enforcement, but Eley described him as a white man who had been homeless. She said she transported him in her car at times.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i read this and all i can think of is ruthless.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

It just falls in with the trending actions of police as a whole (meaning the majority, not all cops are in on this behavior. Though enough to make it seem the majority.)
And the thing is of the 4 law agencies in this area 2 of them are not uncommon to use force deemed excessive. This is one of them that usually does not so it surprised me alot.

new topics

join