It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots unarmed black man in Phoenix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
First, find out how many unarmed people are shot by law enforcement and then research who many are white, black, Hispanic and Asian.

Post that then I will reply again with a statement.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

They (ahem) don't track those numbers, right?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I have a very simple solution to this "epidemic"...
Stop fighting the cops when they come to arrest you for committing a crime.

Yeah sure that worked out fine for people in the Walsall ghetto and not everyone is going to be pushed around by pigs on a mission to intermediate people for kicks.

The cops are out of order big time and need to taste some of their own medicine
edit on 6-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Yeah sure that worked out fine for people in the Walsall ghetto and not everyone is going to be pushed around by pigs on a mission to intermediate people for kicks.

The cops are out of order big time and need to taste some of their own medicine

Everybody wants to be a gangster till its time to do gangster #. You up first bruh?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So let's recap what the suspect did wrong:
1-Selling drugs.
2-Ignored repeated commands to show his hands and comply.
3-Repeatedly went for his waistband, making the officer believe he was armed.
4-Ran from the officer.
5-Yelled and cursed at the officer when he was told to stop.
6-Fought with the officer.
7-Continued to go for his waistband during a struggle with the officer.

It sounds to me like the officer was very patient with a monumentally stupid individual right up until he felt he had no choice but to defend himself.

Don’t you mean what the person allegedly did wrong. This is all from the point of view of the officer. Lets hear his side of the story. Oh wait he’s dead you cant.
edit on 6-12-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Drugs and a gun in the car hey?
Another fine upstanding citizen with nothing to hide and no reason to resist arrest.
I give this thread 5 minutes before some bleeding heart comes in and says it was planted.

This is Arizona everybody has a gun in their car. Hell I have two guns in mine. Does that make me a bad non upstanding citizen???? Or because I sometimes smoke a little something does that make me a bad non upstanding citizen?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Answer

So let's recap what the suspect did wrong:
1-Selling drugs.
2-Ignored repeated commands to show his hands and comply.
3-Repeatedly went for his waistband, making the officer believe he was armed.
4-Ran from the officer.
5-Yelled and cursed at the officer when he was told to stop.
6-Fought with the officer.
7-Continued to go for his waistband during a struggle with the officer.

That list is all well and good but one vital thing you forgot to add to each numbered point was "says the policeman"...

You know...
Just to be a little less disingenuous about proceedings.

According to the article in the Washington post, 1, 2, and 5 are supported by witnesses, if not 1-5 entirely.

And since when are reasons 1 2 and 5 punishable by death?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

When cops approach you, do you run away from them while shoving your hand in your pocket, after causing people to call the police and say you were selling drugs? And then turn and physically resist arrest? If so, I would say yea, you're not a good person.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I guess when you quoted me you left out the part where I said those were all reasons to shoot somebody.

Oh wait, I didn't say that.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Personally I'd like to see every pain pill pusher die. White, black, green, or purple. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. Pill pushers are the scum of the Earth.

So what about doctors and pharmaceutical companies?? Are they the exception???

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

When cops approach you, do you run away from them while shoving your hand in your pocket, after causing people to call the police and say you were selling drugs? And then turn and physically resist arrest? If so, I would say yea, you're not a good person.

When police approach me they usually find out within the first 10 seconds that I’m not a serf who takes orders from pigs. And if they tried to make up some bogus claim like somebody called and complained (which they always do) and try to arrest me. You better believe I will resist arrest. If I get shot and die and least I wont die sucking on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

When police approach me they usually find out within the first 10 seconds that I’m not a serf who takes orders from pigs. And if they tried to make up some bogus claim like somebody called and complained (which they always do) and try to arrest me. You better believe I will resist arrest. If I get shot and die and least I wont die sucking on it.

Oooo okay. Impressive!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

officer believed the individual had a gun, in the latest fatal incident amid national turmoil over the policing of black communities.

Well i belive that the cop had been drinking and was also taking steriods and was a possible member of the KKK

Cops need to stick to facts and the media needs to stop reapeating it as if it's the truth

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

How is that not a fact? If the officer believed he had a gun, then the statement "the officer believed he had a gun" would be a fact.

Oh, you mean they should word it more like "well the cop is stupid and is claiming to have believed the guy had a gun but we now know the guy didn't have a gun so the cop is probably just lying." Got it

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a problem with the title of this thread...
Why does it have to say "Cop shoots unarmed BLACK MAN in Pheonix".

This automatically focuses this as a race issue...why not just put " Cop shoots unarmed man in Pheonix".

Why is it always "Cops choke black man" or "Cops shoot 12 year old black kid".

It's titles likes these that stoke already burning fires.

edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

OK added another doing what they want acting stupid reaching into their pants black man gets shot while being given lawfull commands by cop gets killed.

OK added to the list of job well done for the police departments.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The cop would had been advised by the cover up squad to tell him what he thought at the time and its worth no more weight than my thoughts when i say the cop looked like he was taking steriods.

It's a fact, I thought it but unlike cops if i kill someone because i thought a-b-c and i get it wrong then i go to jail for my mistake and thats just what needs to happen to cops else they will keep coming up the "Thought protection" that they will get away with opening up with machine guns on protestors by saying I thought they might have guns.

The world is watching the police in the USA and I can tell you they don't like what they are seeing

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I didn't realise that going to McDonalds to get food for your children was a crime these days.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Shamrock6

The cop would had been advised by the cover up squad to tell him what he thought at the time and its worth no more weight than my thoughts when i say the cop looked like he was taking steriods.

It's a fact, I thought it but unlike cops if i kill someone because i thought a-b-c and i get it wrong then i go to jail for my mistake and thats just what needs to happen to cops else they will keep coming up the "Thought protection" that they will get away with opening up with machine guns on protestors by saying I thought they might have guns.

The world is watching the police in the USA and I can tell you they don't like what they are seeing

Well fortunately you'll never find yourself in the position of having to chase people down and then decipher as to whether or not the object they're clutching inside their pocket is a gun or a pill bottle.

Fortunately for the officer, he'll be judged on the facts and situation as it appeared to him at the time, and not judged based on the moral outrage of people who weren't there and only get the story after the fact.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard
Well the world needs to stay out of it due to the laws are so different and the way races act in the USA.

We have weapons everywhere and I'm all for that. But when the criminals could possibly be reaching for one it changes the way I feel on a unarmed man getting shot like in this case and so many others.

In cases like this I will fear for the Cop that gets wasted because he didn't react..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join