It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots unarmed black man in Phoenix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Your account and the account I read differ slightly, but the outcome was the same. It could have easily been avoided if the suspect would have complied.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How is this even close to the Brown or Garner issues? From this initial report it sounds like the officer in question did everything possible to be as "by the book" as he could be. If the story pans out to be accurate, the officer called for backup, the subject ignored multiple attempts at verbal commands, ran, resisted, and acted as if he was armed. Officer fired two rounds, so there goes that whole "trigger happy" angle. Add to that drugs and a gun found in the vehicle. I'm perplexed as to how there can be a parallel drawn here.

Drugs and a gun in the car hey?
Another fine upstanding citizen with nothing to hide and no reason to resist arrest.
I give this thread 5 minutes before some bleeding heart comes in and says it was planted.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Another fine upstanding citizen with nothing to hide and no reason to resist arrest.
I give this thread 5 minutes before some bleeding heart comes in and says it was planted.

I'm sure he taught the local Sunday School class and was just selling weed to get new equipment for the Church soccer team.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
One could speculate that some have some monetary gain to defend every police shooting. Of coarse we can not rule out drug use or mental illness at this time.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
One could speculate that some have some monetary gain to defend every police shooting. Of coarse we can not rule out drug use or mental illness at this time.

Ah yes! Was waiting for these comments to start.

And in an effort to keep on topic: I fail to see how drug use or metal illness would alter anything. He did what he did. An officer can't pull his medical records to see if the guy is depressed.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Back on topic. My bad homies

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I am fairly certain that a post or two back you gave special statas as being not as clear cut to the brown case vs this one even though that does not at all reflect in your comments of it being a cut and dry case in other threads. I suppose you just needed some leverage for thought bending on this case. Either way continued dnial of corruption at every turn will only cause these people to start shooting first. If no justice will ever be found then people will start to search for it in new ways. In the long run blind denial will only work against those it protects in the short term.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So let's recap what the suspect did wrong:
1-Selling drugs.
2-Ignored repeated commands to show his hands and comply.
3-Repeatedly went for his waistband, making the officer believe he was armed.
4-Ran from the officer.
5-Yelled and cursed at the officer when he was told to stop.
6-Fought with the officer.
7-Continued to go for his waistband during a struggle with the officer.

That list is all well and good but one vital thing you forgot to add to each numbered point was "says the policeman"...

You know...
Just to be a little less disingenuous about proceedings.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Just because I agreed with Greven that something HE posted (and found, and researched, and presented entirely on his own), I didn't have any explanation for doesn't mean anything beyond that. Unless you're referring to my comments about the disparity between Brown and Garner, in which case if you can't see the differences in those two incidents, you're blind. Doesn't mean I've changed my stance on Brown one bit.

You still have yet to provide PROOF of CORRUPTION in any of your comments or threads. Your first comment here is the implication that people who don't agree with you are shills.

No leverage needed, no thought bending needed. I'll own every comment I've posted.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So let's recap what the suspect did wrong:
1-Selling drugs.
2-Ignored repeated commands to show his hands and comply.
3-Repeatedly went for his waistband, making the officer believe he was armed.
4-Ran from the officer.
5-Yelled and cursed at the officer when he was told to stop.
6-Fought with the officer.
7-Continued to go for his waistband during a struggle with the officer.

That list is all well and good but one vital thing you forgot to add to each numbered point was "says the policeman"...

You know...
Just to be a little less disingenuous about proceedings.

According to the article in the Washington post, 1, 2, and 5 are supported by witnesses, if not 1-5 entirely.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
yeah, i was gonna post this earlier.
im getting kind of tired of debating the same thing though.
of course its the big bad white cop though.
never mind this convicted felon(could be wrong but pretty sure he is and if not, so what) was selling dope and had a gun in the car, bolted from the cops and ignored them when told to put hands up.

oh well.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Indeed. Plead guilty to felony burglary and possession of MJ, followed up with a DUi.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
from the OP link

Police said Brisbon was carrying oxycodone pills, and that a semi-automatic handgun and a jar of what is believed to be marijuana were found in the SUV.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Authorities say Brisbon ran inside an apartment building and then got into a struggle with the officer. Brisbon put his hand in his pocket, and when the officer grabbed the hand, he thought he felt the handle of a gun through Brisbon's pants, police said. Police say the officer repeatedly told Brisbon to keep his hand in his pocket, then shot him twice when he didn't. Brisbon, an ex-convict, was hit in the torso and later pronounced dead at the scene.

what exactly is the problem?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

yup.
another fine upstanding gentleman that figured he was gonna take a hard pinch so he took off.

felony burglary.
weed on him.
oxy on him.
a gun in the car

why ever would this gent run?

meh.
1 less guy to sell oxy to the neighborhood kids.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The OPs link didn't say that, thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

its always a good idea to read more than one source for a story.
might learn something

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No problem

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Read the NYpost from the OP...

I'd already read the reuters version this evening I was gonna make a thread...

Had the same idea as you that it's a topic that's pissing me off to be honest.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Had the same idea as you that it's a topic that's pissing me off to be honest.

im with you there.
its getting old

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: kdyam

Why is it so hard for some people to listen to the officers during these situations? If the guys would have listened and kept his hands in his pocket he would be in jail but still alive. it's quite simple really, tell the cop what you have in your hand and listen to his orders if you feel like you were wronged then state your case on your court date.

That's the one catalyst for every one of these "unarmed black man shot by police" cases that people seem to ignore... a crime was committed and when the police arrived, the suspect tried to fight the officers.

The culture that endorses the "f*ck the police!" attitude and inspires noncompliance definitely deserves a portion of the blame for these incidents.

Yeah! I agree with that. How hard is it for people to understand that?

Sure there are police officers who are bad, but there are bad people in the world. The damn media is using these cases for ratings and the politicians are using them their own favor to garner votes. How are we as a society benefiting from divisiveness? We suffer more while the media and the politicians stuff their wallets and further their own agendas.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to see every pain pill pusher die. White, black, green, or purple. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. Pill pushers are the scum of the Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join