It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all cops are bad. Don't believe me just look

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Boynton officers give Christmas tree to a family who couldn't afford to have one.

After a 2-year-old girl accidentally dialed 911, two Boynton Beach police officers went to the house to check and see if everything was OK. One of the officers, equipped with a body cam, was filming. The family was fine, but the toddler's older sister told them something was weighing on her: She didn't think her family could afford a Christmas tree this year. "[The officers] just looked at each other and knew right then and there that they had to do something," police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said.

source storie and video

I understand that there has been a lot of bad lately, alot of unrest and lack of trust between police and civilians and rightfully so, but there are still some good cops out there as few as they may be.

Good job officers Barry Ward and Terrence Paramore.

edit on 12/5/2014 by TheSilverGate because: added names of officers to give credit directly in post

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I agree--cops that do their job and don't become roid-rage, power-tripping, inferiority-complex a-holes are wonderful and I respect them greatly. I've had some wonderful experiences with police--and some not-so wonderful ones too. Keep in mind, I believe in ALWAYS being polite and showing respect. I was raised right and know my manners. So when I get disrespected despite this--and over something as ridiculously dumb as devil's lettuce, I tend to look unfavorably upon the cop responsible. Granted, the ones in question were fired a year or so after the encounter I had with them--due to punching a minor in the teeth. But the experience that I had with them has traumatized me greatly. Imagine being utterly harassed and yelled at over things you never said. They made me cry. And then the charges were utterly dropped and everything was dandy--thanks to my lawyer Anthony Cotton (same guy who's the lawyer for those crazy slenderman would-be killers. he's the best defense lawyer in my state).

Some good experiences: a policeman helping reunite me with my friends at Summerfest. A policeman protecting my friends and me in the dead cold when we blew a tire on the freeway in the evening and had to change it. I've seen police putting their lives on the line to protect citizens while living in Chicago. Basically, I've seen that cops can be really great people. Their ethical code actually should mean that all of them are great people. But unfortunately that isn't always the case.

Despite my bad experience with police, I have had good ones and still respect them as a whole. But I have no patience for cops who don't understand their place as a public servant. The ones that do deserve to be thanked for their selflessness and bravery. That's what I think.

s&f, OP. It's always good to recognize good deeds--especially since ATS has been full of the bad.

This is a beautiful story. I wish I saw stories like this everyday in the news. Not all cops are bad--people would do well to remember that. Especially since if they ever get into trouble and need the police, the police will come to help them--not kill them. Don't do anything illegal or violent and then you have nothing to fear--at least physically. The time that I mentioned where they were a-holes to me, they never ever ever--not for a second--acted like they were going to hurt me. I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty tweaky to tweak them out enough to hurt you. Either that or some people are unlucky and get a cop with PTSD or something who is trigger-happy. Speaking of which, more should be done to help cops and soldiers with the trauma that they face in their line of work. They are strong people--but even strong people need help sometimes.
edit on 5-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
YT link:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

Thanks for posting! Sadly, I don't think this will get a whole lot of attention...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for imbedding.
The very attitude of these cops is so different than what we usually see.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

lol yea it won't.
These type of threads never do but it's ok.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

s&f

Some (majority I believe) police officers are AWESOME in how they do their job and handle people they come into contact with.
A lot of us will never lose sight of that.
No worries!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's great, very touching.

As nice as it is the fact remains that anytime you are interacting with a police officer, they are well within their right to detain you, arrest you, harm and or kill you. The power can be misused, abused or as the OP shows, honorably. All that being said, it's never really a good idea to take that lightly for you freedom can be at stake. For every one video you show of a cop being nice I can show you ten where they're horrible.....just saying.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yep, they sure can kill you any time you run into them,
but then, so can anyone else.

Honestly, I think it is a policy problem.
Poor training and careless hiring makes a bad cop.

But this thread is about the good ones!
Like this guy!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

For every ten videos you show of cops being horrible, I would be happy to bet you there's 20 incidents of cops being good human beings and nobody cares enough to record it.

When do people pull out their cameras? When it's about to go down. Not when everything is hunky dory. If it bleeds, it leads bruh

edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
And this guy....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
And this guy....

I mentioned him just the other day. Sad thing: had he not been killed minutes later, nobody ever would've seen this video.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's just it,
there are so many things an officer does every day, and no one notices until it is something bad,
and that is sad.

I encounter police almost daily some weeks in my job, and I see what they are doing,
good and bad within my work space.

There is a hell of a lot more good than bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

See it is officers like this that could rebuild the trust between us and them but only if they get the bad cops outta there.
But it is great to see the good. There is so much bad, all the time.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Some good propaganda for our fascist oppressors. Nice one. The next time I read about another savage murder carried out by agents of the state ill just think about this awwww ^^

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
you know, Dabrazzo. Attitude like that only divides. And you know what happens when we are divided--we fall. Instead of generalizing and putting apples with oranges, perhaps you should learn to see good for being good. The cup is half full.

According to you, then, we have no hope of ever changing. With cops like the ones in the OP, perhaps things could change. Good is still left in the world. Being salty helps nobody.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Well, hopefully, in light of current events, there will be some changes and much less of that.
No one is denying there is a problem,
but not everyone is the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Well, hopefully, in light of current events, there will be some changes and much less of that.
No one is denying there is a problem,
but not everyone is the problem.

Change? Seriously? I mean like the change we can believe in, not you know......that other "change we can believe in" brand.

What change do you speak of? Please don't sat body cameras.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Some good propaganda for our fascist oppressors. Nice one. The next time I read about another savage murder carried out by agents of the state ill just think about this awwww ^^

Try reading about what fascism actually is, and what it looks like when put into practice

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, turn on your TV and look.

Real change does not come easy,
nor does it come cheap,
and right now there are a LOT of people protesting for that change.

That is how change, real change takes place,
and I hope it does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join