It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly cop files brutality suit against police department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ok, everyone make this go viral and support this REAL police officer! This guy is putting his life and his families life on the line to protect us!

source

Ruff claims he was roughed up by seven officers from the 35th District when he attempted to anonymously turn in three handguns at the precinct. Ruff, who says he suffered two sprained wrists and two sprained shoulders in the fracas, filed suit in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia.

Now this is an officer i can get behind! Total and full support for this man. I live close to Philly myself and anyone else who lives in this state knows how things work in these areas and how old and rigid the mentality is around these areas and how deep the racism goes. I hope this guy is successful and stays alive to see out this case!

edit on 12/5/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm all for justice so I hope he gets his.

Why did he anonymously turn in hand guns though?

Link please.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Good question, check out the article I'd like some feedback.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It just goes to show you, it's not the police as a whole, it's the individual who wears that uniform. People become corrupted with power from the simplest things. Being in charge of a group, social clubs, etc. With the "power" police enjoy it's no surprise many become corrupted.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah, I have red flags on this one as well. I don't believe Sgt. Brandon Ruff is being completely honest about the guns. Why would he not take them to his own precinct? Why try to turn them in anonymously at a different precinct then make it aware that he is a police officer after things went south with the other officers?

They obviously smelled a fish that prompted the reaction. I think I smell one as well on this one.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yeah plus the union is run by corrupt individuals and they exert a lot of co trol. They can blackball the good ones so they force hands.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

He could be protecting s family member.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That's a possibility. His intentions were more then likely for good, for whatever reason, but the shadiness I believe is what prompted the outcome of the situation.

I agree though excessive force was used and he should definitely pursue the brutality charges. I just don't think his hands are as clean as he is making them out to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, he's black and has a gun, I am surprised the Philly cops didn't execute him and 3 look-a-likes. The Philly pigs are well lamented racists.

Boston too.

Derek

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am not taking the officer's side on this one, and I think that you should review the facts before assuming this is a "good" cop. Let me explain. First of all, he claims all of this corruption is going on right? Yet he is just NOW coming forward, after this incident? What is up with that? Wouldn't a good cop who wanted to do what is right have mentioned these things beforehand? And then there is the fact that he very well might have just been resisting arrest in some fashion. Thinking he was a police officer, he may have thought that he did not have to comply with the officers who were obviously arresting him or detaining him as he tried to leave. You cannot just go and turn in weapons anonymously, at least not when there is no program going on that allows such things. They wanted information from the guy, he wouldn't provide it, and that is what escalated the situation.

Now whether or not the arresting officers acted outside the bounds of law is yet to be determined. Maybe his story is accurate, but I think there is a greater chance that he was not being compliant, given the situation. Perhaps both parties were in the wrong as well, and that might be more likely. The severity of injuries are going to be a huge factor in this case. If the injuries do not clearly indiciate that he was beaten or mistreated outside of being arrested via force, then I think his case will suffer. But again, where was this guy when all of this corruption he talks about was occurring? He is either lying, which damages his credibility, or he overlooked all of this illegal activity, which damages his credibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

Yeah in this state all the local PD are totally racist. Ive heard a lot of things about the KKK.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
All of these cops are heroes for defending us from these horrible criminals!

Who am I even talking about right now?

Doesn't matter, this could and will be the line that is used to argue both sides of this story.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Here is what I think either it is just as he said or he did it to see how he would be treated.

Crap like that happens. When I was 15 my grandmother asked my pops to dispose of my grandfathers explosives (he had a license/permit because he prospected for gold/silver but he was getting a bit senile. Being the hooligan I was I snatched about 6 sticks of plastic explosive and about 400 blasting caps before my pops took inventory of what he had.

A year or so later my pops found them and decided to turn them in. They were ready to arrest him. He told them he confiscated them off some kids(sort of true). This was all before 911 and it wasn't uncommon to come across that sort of stuff now and then. At least you heard about it in the papers. If you are wondering my pops was cool because he snuck back some to in fact he taught me how to handle explosives which later led to me becoming EOD. He was former special forces demolitions expert.

He was cool but steamed at me for years cause the police were so close to arresting him for terrorism even back then.

new topics

top topics

join