It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-British Soldiers Fighting ISIS to Avenge Alan Henning's Execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
'' ISIS'' or Islamic state in Iraq and Syria is neither Islamic nor a state, they are devils. These are the people who fight in the name of God,or in the name of Allah against evil.

Jamie Read, 24, and James Hughes, 26, gave an exclusive interview to The Sun in which they recounted their experiences fighting against the terror group and their motivations for travelling to the region.

"Killing the aid worker was the final straw," said Read. "There is no justification for their executions – for putting innocent guys on their knees and doing that.
- See more at: en.alalam.ir...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Im sure they wont be the only ones. Good on ya lads.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I admire their zeal, I hope they get an opportunity to show those damn fuzzy wuzzy's the error of their ways.

In all seriousness though, what has this created?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Fuzzy wuzzys!lol!, they wont like it up 'um!a reply to: Cobaltic1978

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am relatively certain that they would be considered mercenaries under the United Nations definition, mainly because they have no direct link to any of the forces in the conflict, nor are they residents of any nations involved in the conflict. If they were operating on behalf of a military that was involved in the conflict then that would mean they aren't mercenaries, but they are acting on their own. So I suppose this is breaking some UN measure, although I doubt anyone would be interested in punishing them. People think that you have to be paid to be considered a mercenary, but this is not the case. I definitely support defeating ISIS, but I do not condone the use of mercenary forces for a few reasons. Of course in this situation there is no great downside, but I dislike the idea of mercenaries mainly because there often are downsides. And nobody should bear the weight of taking something like this on themselves, when their home country is not prepared to put soldiers on the ground. I just dislike the idea of being a "cowboy" when it comes to war and death. I think there are other people who would go and fight in Iraq and Syria if they had the opportunity and knew they could get there, but how many of these people would truly understand what they are doing? I would bet that not many would truly understand the danger. They would think that nothing bad would happen to them, just like those aid workers who go over to these regions and end up getting captured. It seems like a good idea, but I just feel that many would fail to grasp just how serious the situation is. There is no coming back from death. We call this "bravery," when often times it is ignorance.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I am relatively certain that they would be considered mercenaries under the United Nations definition, mainly because they have no direct link to any of the forces in the conflict, nor are they residents of any nations involved in the conflict. If they were operating on behalf of a military that was involved in the conflict then that would mean they aren't mercenaries, but they are acting on their own. So I suppose this is breaking some UN measure, although I doubt anyone would be interested in punishing them. People think that you have to be paid to be considered a mercenary, but this is not the case. I definitely support defeating ISIS, but I do not condone the use of mercenary forces for a few reasons. Of course in this situation there is no great downside, but I dislike the idea of mercenaries mainly because there often are downsides. And nobody should bear the weight of taking something like this on themselves, when their home country is not prepared to put soldiers on the ground. I just dislike the idea of being a "cowboy" when it comes to war and death. I think there are other people who would go and fight in Iraq and Syria if they had the opportunity and knew they could get there, but how many of these people would truly understand what they are doing? I would bet that not many would truly understand the danger. They would think that nothing bad would happen to them, just like those aid workers who go over to these regions and end up getting captured. It seems like a good idea, but I just feel that many would fail to grasp just how serious the situation is. There is no coming back from death. We call this "bravery," when often times it is ignorance.
by going there and fighting they become non-state actors.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am 95% certain that if I was a retired soldier from HM Armed Forces, and I witnessed the accumulation of disgusting acts 'In the name of Allah', from the brutal murder of Lee Rigsby in a typical British high street, to the murder (execution applies to political and criminal prisoners, not uninvolved charitable persons) of Alan Hennings, then it would quite likely come up in conversation in the pub with the old guard just what we'd like to 'say' to these animals if we had the chance.

There's a significant possibility that this sis already happening in a scattergun fashion - I would bet they might draw the attention of MI6 whilst out on ops, and I'm not sure that they'd receive anything but tacit support for their actions. Certainly they wouldn't be punished - unless they were Rambo-style idiots who didn't respect the civilians.

top topics

join