It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bACkWaRds fEeT... ?�?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
At my grandpa's house way out in the middle of no where, He lives along the "Bruce trail", it's a very long trail that stretches all across Ontario (
) I don't know but it is long. My grandpa owns land about 100 acres square and on the far far edge of his poperty is the trail. It is all forest, mostly coniferous trees so alot of it is so thick you can't ...well don't want to try to get through. and scratchy

Anyways, my grandmother used to tell me stories when I was about 5 or 6. She told me this one story about a creature that lived in the forest and it had backwards feet. It always creeped me out and still does, imagining even a human with backwards feet walking towards me.

My grandmother would never enter the forest herself. She always felt as if something was watching her.

Does anyone possibly know what this thing could be? I found only 2 sites with a story about a witch, but there has to be more stories atleast?

Maybe the feet aren't actually backwards but from constant levitation while moving would your feet bend backwards (upside down) from constantly being dragged?

Backwards feet supposedly means the entity is evil...e-vile, like the d-vile.

Stories? Thoughts? Recipes for chili?

www.castleofspirits.com...
www.castleofspirits.com...

[Edit: Emoticon Trouble]

[edit on 12-12-2004 by _BLiND_]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It is said that you can tell a witch by her backwards feet.

Here is another reference I found:
www.torontoghosts.org...

Lastly, Pliny the Elder described a race of people (more than likely fictional) called Abarimon who all had backwards feet, but were able to outrun anyone.

This is interesting, I may have to do more research on this.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Most probably a bear. Bears leave tracks that look very much like a human foot, but going backward. This is given by the fact that puts the weight of his/her body on the outside of the foot instead than on the inside and has equal-lenght toes (the third one's the longest, but you barely notice it), leaving the impression that the creature has backward feet. Usually the racks are interposed, but on some occasions they can be very clear and give the impression of human trail. Every case of giant or troll with "backward" feet has turned out to ge a bear, so relax and enjoy the Ontario forests.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i would say that your grandma is senile and she was telling you a story that in her mind is true but in reality it isnt. my grandma has that problem.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Its either animals or folk lore.

What is the purpose of feet? They provide stability and purchase on the ground. so having them on backwards would make you a cripple, the "springiness" of the foot when running would be missing.

The use of the toes for purchase and balance wouldn't work, ther eis no logical, or evolutionaly purpose in having feet on backwards, as result I wouldn't believe it.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There was actually another thread about this. In particular the person posting was talking about being, I think, indian, and having been told stories about backwarsds feet people by their grandparents also. Apparently there are some other traditions about this idea. The Theosophists and Blatvasky said that Lemuria was inhabited by a race of people with Backwards feet also. Looks to be a relatively widepsread/well taken to story.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In the Caribbean it is a small spirit called the 'Dweng'

It's about 5 feet.

They move in groups and are heard in forests.

It is said they will call out hunters names and if they only look behind them to see who is calling them they will be sucked into their evil.

It is said that these child like spirits are children who died without being baptised.

Everythong you said points out to the fact that yes they dwell in forests all over the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystx
Everythong you said points out to the fact that yes they dwell in forests all over the world.

Or don't exist anywhere except inside the realm of myths and stories. A universal myth has that is much more likely to be the result of either having a source in one very old culture and spreading out from there directly, or being something like an 'archetypal myth, something that resonates so strongly with people that they accidentally re-create it wherever they go, and that, because of its power and attraction, stays in their culture and becomes popular.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
could be but i know some old people in the caribbean who have reported seeing such beings... however it could just be the fuel of the myth caused them to think they saw whatever it was as you rightly pointed out..

join