It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s hypersonic strike vehicle ‘in 3d test flight’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

China confirmed conducting a test flight of a new hypersonic missile delivery vehicle capable of delivering nuclear warheads with record breaking speeds. The move is purely scientific and not targeted at any country, said the Defense Ministry.

"Our planned scientific research tests conducted in our territory are normal," said the Beijing Defense Ministry as cited by Reuters on Wednesday. "These tests are not targeted at any country and at any specific goals."

Earler reports

China has reportedly conducted a third flight test for its new ultra-high speed strike vehicle – capable of travelling at up to eight times the speed of sound, in what experts suspect is part of the development of its strategic nuclear program.

The test flight, monitored by US intelligence services this week, was the third in a series of tests of the Wu-14 hypersonic glide vehicle—a high-accuracy, high speed projectile, reports the Washington Free Beacon. The first two were conducted earlier this year.

READ MORE: Missile defense buster: China tests new hypersonic glide vehicle

A Pentagon representative confirmed the test to the WFB, but declined to provide further comment.

“We are aware of reports regarding this test and we routinely monitor foreign defense activities,” Marine Corps Lt. Col. Jeff Pool said. “However, we don’t comment on our intelligence or assessments of foreign weapon systems.”

What the ! Has anyone else heard of this "strike Vehicle"?

i know that forums of hyper sonic weapons have been around , Maybe someone with more Knowledge can elaborate a bit on this .

your thoughts ?

Read More Here
edit on 5-12-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Not to worry, the U.S has spaceships and s###. Big fancy lasers and cyborg super soldiers.
China's 100 years behind.

So I've heard.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
how many sweatshops you guys think were involved in this project?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
how many sweatshops you guys think were involved in this project?

None?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Cold war part two?
I guess they could drop a few nukes on the us, but that would only get their country turned to glass by a couple of Ohio class subs lurking in the Pacific.
M.a.d. still works today.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good on china !
Maybe some western tech is due for a little show soon .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
According to the comments on the original article, that is a picture of the United States Hypersonic vehicle. The article is originally from RT and i guess they have made a habit of showing US hyspersonic equipment under the guise of Chinese ingenuity . Just what other commentors were saying?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Indeed, the only sources reporting on this latest "test" are either Russia Today, or those parroting Russia Today… and they're all using imagery that is not of anything from China.

While we know that China is developing a hypersonic gliding missile warhead, the sources of this latest information are all suspect.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Their latest weapons show unveiled a new AsM that is identical to the Brahmos developed by India and Russia. It's not clear if it will be similar in performance to the Brahmos or Brahmos II, which will be on the low end of the hypersonic window.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The thing is with the USA pushing its weight about any country that does not pick up a stick just as big as the one that uncle Sam holds is asking for trouble.

We need balance in the world but if you want to believe the US government that it can take all and anyone on and win then sadly you are misinformed.

Secret weapons is not the preserve of just the USA you know!
edit on 5-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Indeed, the only sources reporting on this latest "test" are either Russia Today, or those parroting Russia Today… and they're all using imagery that is not of anything from China.

While we know that China is developing a hypersonic gliding missile warhead, the sources of this latest information are all suspect.

yeah, we know SO you don't like RT that's clear . Maybe you can elaborate a little more .
I mean "we know" they are developing them ? i just don't understand "what part" of the source is suspect ? and suspect to what ?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Whether the test even took place, or was successful, or it was just announced. It wouldn't be the first time a country announced a succesful test that didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Whether the test even took place, or was successful, or it was just announced. It wouldn't be the first time a country announced a succesful test that didn't happen.

so was that SO's point ?

i am just trying to wrap my head around his comment ?

is his stance that because RT reported it "it might not be so " ...

so hes saying it might be propaganda ?

just trying to be clear here ..

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

i mean did i miss something here ?

A Pentagon representative confirmed the test to the WFB, but declined to provide further comment.

“We are aware of reports regarding this test and we routinely monitor foreign defense activities,” Marine Corps Lt. Col. Jeff Pool said. “However, we don’t comment on our intelligence or assessments of foreign weapon systems.”

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

They're aware of REPORTS of the test, but won't release details. That could mean it failed miserably, or succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams, or anything in between.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

They're aware of REPORTS of the test, but won't release details. That could mean it failed miserably, or succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams, or anything in between.

so we can agree the test took place . but the argument was weather or not it was successful?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Are you saying that the USA has never done that but both China and Russia do it all the time ?

Knowing China they would do all they could to keep what they have a secret since they are not out to push up the share price of weapons manufactures like the US does all the time.

China will rip anything we have off and if it costs US tax payers $1m to produce an item then China will produce it for $50k even if it's not quite as good as the original design and that's one reason why you would never want to start a war with China.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Wow, jump to conclusions and put words in someone's mouth much? I said A COUNTRY.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

my good man zap , its good to see you back on the boards btw ! i missed you in chat !

can you address my question btw sir

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

SOME kind of test took place. I would bet their Brahmos copy personally. It's amazing that I have yet to hear anything but success in their hypersonic programs. Hypersonic flight, even for missiles is insanely hard, for anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join