It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

But I have never raped, stole, or murdered anyone. Neither has anyone at my department.

Why should I, a police officer in Florida be held accountable for something an officer does in New York?

I have no jurisdiction anywhere but in the city I am employed by.

I will also speak out against police corruption and brutality when I see it.

Why should I be criticized and hated? That is something I cannot wrap my mind around.
edit on 5-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

When is the last time you spoke out publicly as a police officer against an instance of police brutality?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Some people hate just to hate. I'm sure you're used to this despite the fact it is a very ignorant position to have.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ok just saw this picture on BBC news about the US protests.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GUYS DENY YOU HAVE A POLICE STATE?

I mean WTF! Those are not police those are soldiers! They are police only in the most technical terms!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: TinfoilTP
How about teaching their students to stand up for what's right and about the world

How about stick to reading writing arithmetic sciences art economics etc and not going down a Nazi youth program path of ideological indoctrination in the public schools that we the taxpayers pay for?
edit on 5-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I mean WTF! Those are not police those are soldiers! They are police only in the most technical terms!

They're national guard. They're not cops at all. I don't think I saw any US news outlet describe them as police at any point.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I don't think a majority of members here will deny we're moving towards a police state. Pictures of the SWAT teams after the Boston Bombing incident looking for the perp, Ferguson, etc. to name a couple only confirms it as it moves towards totality. After a national Martial Law incident (or major False Flag) it will be fully implemented.
edit on 5-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

There were a couple of threads earlier this year on ATS where I thought the officers were in the wrong and I stated as such.

Should I have held a news conference instead?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You beat me to it.

Those are military members. National Guard for sure. You can see the MP (military police) patch on his arm.

I guess it's the fault of the police that the National Guard was called in by the governor...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

There were a couple of threads earlier this year on ATS where I thought the officers were in the wrong and I stated as such.

Should I have held a news conference instead?

I'm not talking about posting largely anonymously on a fringe website.

I'm talking about you, as a police officer, using your position of assumed authority to publicly denounce police brutality. It's not an accusation, I'm simply wondering if you have ever done it. If you haven't, why not? What stops you from doing so?

(post by suz62 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ah fair point.

Yes I have made it publicly known in my community that I do not condone police corruption or brutality.

There have been occasions when a citizen has asked me how I felt about a specific case.

During some of those occasions I have expressed my belief that the officer was in the wrong and should be punished.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Klassified
As long as the "good cops" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad cops. And this is the reaction you're going to get more and more as this continues unabated. Especially when there are no indictments, and the media is having a full blown circus right now.

I'm just waiting for some nut case vigilante(s) to start killing cops, thinking(in his twisted way) he's doing us all a favor. I hope the hell I'm wrong about that, though.

Not to get off topic, but you can replace any group in your reply then.
"As long as the "good Muslims" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad Muslims""

No argument from me...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

They're national guard. They're not cops at all. I don't think I saw any US news outlet describe them as police at any point.

O so you useing ACTUAL troops to crack down on your own protesters that almost just as worse!

Go "Land of the free" !

Maybe you should set up some Re Education camps while you are at it to indoctrinate these malcontents into "correct" patriotic govermant approved "Freedom".
edit on 5-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Does anyone have the audio/video of this incident?
What happened to "pics or it didn't happen" on this site?
The cops are saying this happened but have yet to present one bit of evidence to back up their claims. They even admit that they cannot confirm this rumor.
If there were a gaggle of high school students there you can bet there were dozens of phones with cameras so where is the evidence that this incident even happened except in the minds of the boys in blue?
Teenagers are the most likely to be harassed by bad cops. Even back in the Dark Ages when I was growing up we knew who the bad cops were and who the good cops were. Yeah, if one of those arrogant, crooked ones was hit by a car you bet we would cheer because we would have seen it as karma.
One of our local law enforcement agencies is working short right now because the leader of that organization refuses to hire the 'roid engorged former military people he gets as applicants and the ones who have been quietly allowed to resign from other departments due to their inability to follow the rules. I have the utmost respect for him and for his employees. Not so with the other two departments that have policing duties in this county.
For our area, some radical changes in law enforcement has come about in the past decade. All it takes is for the wrong guy to get into a position of power. Every single cop I called a friend from those two agencies is now retired just because of what they saw happening. They didn't carry "drop bags" to make arrests. They didn't look the other way when a cop's wife called them because her drunken husband was beating up on her. They didn't require three other cars to roll up on a "disregarding a stop sign" or "seat-belt violation" call. They didn't take teenagers to jail for underage smoking of cigarettes just to create a revenue stream. They were more likely to take you home and make you sit down and tell your parents what you had done. Same with a first case of illegal alcohol possession. They didn't WANT you to have a record and ruin your life. Now it seems that they look for a reason and if they don't immediately find one, they "Drop a bag" or "Drop a seed or roach" just to be able to take a teen in to the jail.
I do feel for the good cops but I do understand that the police state has gotten completely out of hand. I realized that when I was threatened with jail for not wearing a seat belt by one of the 'roid engorged nitwit punks.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

O so you useing ACTUAL troops to crack down on your own protesters that almost just as worse!

Go "Land of the free" !

Maybe you should set up some Re Education camps while you are at it to indoctrinate these malcontents into "correct" patriotic govermant approved "Freedom".

So...would it have been a better idea to have Ferguson PD working the protests and riots alone? I lean towards "no."

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: TinfoilTP
How about teaching their students to stand up for what's right and about the world

How about stick to reading writing arithmetic sciences art economics etc and not going down a Nazi youth program path of ideological indoctrination in the public schools that we the taxpayers pay for?

Ahh, so civics classes should now be banned? Seriously? Now expressing your constitutional rights to air grievances against the government is "a Nazi youth program"?
You want to ban the teaching of history maybe---the history of the Suffrage movement when women marched in the streets, the Civil Rights movement, the Anti-War movement?
I sincerely hope that the scales will fall from your eyes before you become a target of these power hungry individuals who want nothing more than your absolute, complete obedience to each and every new law they can pass to generate more money for the corrupt agencies.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Exactly.

That right there is further empirical evidence of the blanket police hate I was speaking of.

up until your previous post i at LEAST gave you credit of being a respectable beat LEO. other posts read like stories of bravido and stuff. jumping fences/ taking down folks/ slidding across your hood like on tv (i am exagarating) man this hurts. i feel that i have been REALLY mislead. resource officer???

But still- you probably think from some of our other run-ins here in that i ALSO hate LEOs but that couldn't be more wrong- trust them as far as a can throw a whole stationhouse full of them with one hand would be more accurate. . .i am not a hateful person. that lack of trust from me and possibly the percieved hate from others is actually for a heck of a lot of good reasons. . . .

anyone have a body count that compares LEO and civi deaths?. . heck EVEN giving the LEOs the benefit of the doubt and we skip counting folks killed by LEO because of suicide by cop, or actually WERE a threat. . .and EVEN maybe so much as to limit things to LEOS raiding the wrong house. . .hardly comparable numbers at all. . . .the civis have EVERY reason to be weary.

Lack of PERCIEVED actual accountability is making a bed that eventually you all are going to have to sleep in together. good and bad alike because the supposed good ones are not turning the tide. even a SHAME trial where teh DA presented a WEAK case on EVERY LEO killing would do much more for your entire cause across the board than not even attmpting to have ana apperence we currently have.

then there is the arguement of "good ones" being "accessories after that fact". . . that is how YOU and others like you (well the non-rental ones. . . sorry couldn't help myself- all in good fun) SEEM to lable those without badges if the situation were actually reversed. very sorry but sometimes even a little truth hurts. . .but like a bandaid the sooner ya do what has to be done about it the sooner you can get it over. . .right now you LEOs supposed good or bad ARE the cause of the problem from the perspective of the greater populace to expect anything else is not really a rational thing to do.

-LP

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Ah fair point.

Yes I have made it publicly known in my community that I do not condone police corruption or brutality.

There have been occasions when a citizen has asked me how I felt about a specific case.

During some of those occasions I have expressed my belief that the officer was in the wrong and should be punished.

Solid, respectable answer.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Bundy

But I have never raped, stole, or murdered anyone. Neither has anyone at my department.

Why should I, a police officer in Florida be held accountable for something an officer does in New York?

I have no jurisdiction anywhere but in the city I am employed by.

I will also speak out against police corruption and brutality when I see it.

Why should I be criticized and hated? That is something I cannot wrap my mind around.

sir, this SIR is why i ACTUALLY do respect you the most of the self identified LEOs. not kidding. not being sarcastic. can i say thank you for this?

don't let the not 100% agreement even if sometimes profound DIS agreement cloud that. PLEASE?

-LP

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join