It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

you're debating with yourself at this point. you're talking about American rebels killing redcoats who were good dudes. okay, well it's war, that happens.

then you say many redcoats were sympathizers? okay....well, sticking with your further argument of maybe cops should stand with the people, why would the redcoats who were American sympathizers not desert the English and switch sides?

that's a pretty circular argument
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: reasons

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Klassified

I responded a second time explaining I understood the relevance of your post.

What does your cousin have to do with me? So because your cousin may have witnessed cover up means I have?

Well crap, that is news to me.

My mistake. I caught the second post afterward.

I have a cousin and clientele who are veteran cops. Few cops can say they haven't seen anything unethical/criminal in the dept. Nevertheless, I don't expect every cop to go around chastising, or ratting out the guys they work with over the smaller stuff. What I was referring to, was good cops making a stand and saying: "We don't condone the acts of those officers who engage in over the top behavior against the public. I do have some sensibilities when it comes to this. I have had some good talks with the cops I know. They have my respect, but I have also talked with them about my own concerns. Fortunately, they aren't so simple minded they can't see what's happening, and how it affects ALL police in the public eye.

I will agree a vicious cycle has been created here, and it isn't going to be easy to stop it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh I am over it my friend.

I am actively leaving law enforcement.

Why would I make a stand with the people? For a decade I have sacrificed my mental and physical health to help a community that I was born and raised in. What I get in return is blanket hate and threats of violence. Society has burned its bridge with me.

If the time ever comes I will look out for only my family and friends

It is what it is...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Pitou
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That's just awful. No matter what they why they were protesting of from what ideological background they are... you don't wish a potential death upon others, or at least cheer at the idea a person might get (very) wounded.

When you protest, aren't you voicing something on ethics, something you deem right? But then you shouldn't forsake your own humanity.

Im sure the US patriots must have been crying and beating themselves up over there victory at Lexington and concord. There ethics must have been so strained.

Come on USA was built on VIOLENT rebellion.

When did the USA become so pussfied that a few plods being knocked off there bikes became so shocking!

If your forefathers had been such wimps you wouldn't even still be a UK colony you would be a French colony as they would have take you in the 7 year wars while you were battling with "ethics"

so....cheering somebody getting hit by a car is patriotic?

Never said it was patriotic but if your against a police state your not going to treat the police as your best buddies.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not at police officers are bad, not all are good. Hmmm, look at that, just like civilians. But these students reaction is horrible not shocking. The nation is backwards and that makes this event the norm. Sadly so.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have met some good cops in my life, but after you meet a bad one and do jail time for it, you tend to not see the good ones so much. A couple of positive experiences doesnt compare to a year of jail and programs and fines.

These bad cops should be pissing off all the good cops, because their ruining your image and how the public sees you. I would think the good cops would be running out all the bad cops for just this.

When some cops get hit by a car, people automaticaly think cop (bad) hence - cheer.

Unfortunately this thread is being closed, to any caucasian males over 40

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
To say it bluntly: whether I cheered or not would depend upon entirely upon the local police department. If it were my small town PD, I would be really mad.

Were it somebody like the NYPD, I would probably cheer right along with them.

There are some departments that protect and serve, there are other departments that routinely harass, maim, even murder and never suffer any consequences, so seeing them injured is merely karma to me. People that are oppressive and who routinely abuse their authority get absolutely zero sympathy from me.

They may have families and children and all that, that's correct, and maybe I would stop to feel something for them if they treated the rest of us like we do too.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

I agree. I'm not white or male

I do think we shouldn't trust the police like before. Obviously there is a hidden agenda that the general public isn't in on. Like another post on this thread,when it comes down it only family and close friends will truly have your back. And learn how to defend yourself with and without a firearm because there may come a day when the police are the known true enemy for everyone and not just select groups.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Let's hold a benefit for these fallen heroes.

These police officers are real American heroes that were ridiculed by these dangers to American freedom. We should do everything we can to ensure that no one is ever able to laugh at a police officer ever again. It is disrespectful, and we should always respect our men and women in uniform.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Seeing how many cops get away with assaulting and killing people without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Let's turn your example around for a moment and see how it sounds...

Seeing how many blacks get away with assaulting and killing people without being caught and tried, are your surprised they are acting this way?

Seeing how many people get away with entering a country illegally without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Seeing how many people who are collecting welfare when they shouldn't be qualified for get away with sitting around and defrauding the taxpayer without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Just saying.
edit on 5-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
And none of the cops were even hurt bad...simple accident.

????????????? What do you consider "hurt bad"?

"Denver high school students protesting recent civilian deaths involving police chanted "Hit him again!" after a car struck four bicycle officers - injuring one critically - Wednesday night, the city's police union charged".
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It would be neat when these high school delinquent protesters need a cop after being robbed or stabbed or hit by a car themselves, the responding cop will laugh at them. Karma's a bitch.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Seeing how many cops get away with assaulting and killing people without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Seeing how many blacks get away with assaulting and killing people without being caught and tried, are your surprised they are acting this way?

Seeing how many people get away with entering a country illegally without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Seeing how many people who are collecting welfare when they shouldn't be qualified for get away with sitting around and defrauding the taxpayer without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

Just saying.

How dare you bring a logical counter-argument to this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Just saying.

So you are okay with police acting like criminals because criminals act like criminals?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

then you say many redcoats were sympathizers? okay....well, sticking with your further argument of maybe cops should stand with the people, why would the redcoats who were American sympathizers not desert the English and switch sides?

If you read your history (Real history not Mel Gibbon history or American federally approved history) alot did! Desertion was a problem from many British units!

Anyway I was getting at the point of cop saying "they are good cops" but not doing F all about the corruption and still go about protecting there own and doing nothing about the abuses. Many redcoat officers sympathized but never defected like those for mentioned cops and they died along side there non sympathizing friends.
edit on 5-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
What I get in return is blanket hate and threats of violence. Society has burned its bridge with me.

Rather than blame the public I would blame those bad apples in the police who give the good police officers like yourself a bad name?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I love how the cop union guys phrased it, don't you? Yes, they were disrespectful. Why should they respect you? You're just another guy in spandex to them. Yes, the teachers didn't "stop them". Why should they? In what way CAN they? Do the teachers have the right to censor the free speech of the kids? Do the cops?

I think what they really would like from the public is less "respect" than it is "fear", and the behavior they'd like is more along the lines of a bit of cringing and genuflection, perhaps with a bit of kissing of their hind parts, and they're incensed when they don't get that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
It would be neat when these high school delinquent protesters need a cop after being robbed or stabbed or hit by a car themselves, the responding cop will laugh at them. Karma's a bitch.

Is it the kids' job to be supporting of police?

Is it the cop's job to respond to reports of a crime?

If the cop can't do his job without the odd bit of adulation and fawning, maybe it's new job time.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
So you are okay with police acting like criminals because criminals act like criminals?

Not at all. But we see plenty of examples of criminals from certain segments of society seemingly getting away with all sorts of things, and many forgive them because of their supposed status but when a few cops go bad, every one paints ALL LEOs with the same broad brush. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Out of over a 100,000 LEOs in this country, a few that are bad makes them all bad? Give me a break. Even I know that not all blacks are drug dealers and thugs, not all Hispanics are illegals, etc, etc. Sheesh!

A criminal is a criminal in my book. I don't care what the their status, color of skin or ideology is.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I love this part...

“This group of high school students not only broke DPS rules by leaving school without authorization, but broke laws of the City and County of Denver and State of Colorado regarding traffic regulations and the right to assemble with a permit. The DPPA recognizes citizens’ rights to assemble lawfully. This, however, was not a lawful assembly, which ultimately cost four Denver Police Officers a trip to the hospital. One of which is in critical condition,” the statement continued.

Waa waaa you laughed at us, now we're going to try to make the DA charge you with a crime so we can get our hands on you. Oh, by the way, thanks so much, Mr Police Union, for recognizing that citizens have rights. However, you aren't (yet) the legal authority on what was and was not a lawful assembly. Thanks for your opinion, though.

In a statement of its own, the Denver Police said it could not confirm the claims made by the union that students cheered when the officers were struck.

So it's more that they were embarrassed and ashamed of getting mowed down in public, maybe a few kids laughed, and you're really po'd and want revenge, maybe?

What's funny is that the whole tone of the DPPA's statement is like the kids committed a heinous crime and MUST BE PUNISHED for it, even if they have to concoct some bogus charge to do it. Lighten up, Francises.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join