It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

High schoolers are anti anything structured. I just do not see the big deal over what some barely pubesent kids were saying. If the 30 and 40 somethings of this generation would care enough about anything to get up off their asses they could chant whatever they please.

Try not to choke out a white kid at your school - you may get fired.

I can clearly see i am losing here. I just find the sensationalism of everything right now ridiculous.

I ask again - what would you have had the teachers do? Sick the cops on them for some curb chewing?

Beauty of free speech..

I don't see any sensationalization. I see a post that's pretty much "hey look at these jerks" and that's about it.

Free speech is great. But just because it's free speech doesn't make the comments any less jerkish, and the people saying it less jerkish. You have a right to say whatever you care to, others have the right to tell you you're a jerk for it. Free speech!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Choke out a white kid?

I never have. Did the officers on the bike choke out a white kid?

The students absolutely have a right to say what they did. Never did I say they should be arrested or the teachers reprimanded.

That is not the point. The point is the fact that it shows the direction our society is headed.

As a high school student I never really liked cops that much, but I would have never laughed if one got hit by a car. I would of actually helped him.

edit on 5-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As long as the "good cops" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad cops. And this is the reaction you're going to get more and more as this continues unabated. Especially when there are no indictments, and the media is having a full blown circus right now.

I'm just waiting for some nut case vigilante(s) to start killing cops, thinking(in his twisted way) he's doing us all a favor. I hope the hell I'm wrong about that, though.
edit on 12/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Personally...I don't cheer when anyone gets hurt ...no matter who they are.

I just cannot get enjoyment out of other peoples pain; and I am glad about that.

People who cheer and find enjoyment in other people getting hurt; well...that mind set is really hard for me to understand.

There are certain people in society that are just plain cruel; and their enjoyment of other peoples pain...I think...speaks volumes about their character.

A cop hurts and or kills an innocent person...that is wrong; people cheering when a cop gets hurt...that is wrong.

There is an old saying..."2 wrongs don't make a right."

Here are some quotes said by Mahatma Gandhi:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

"There are many causes I am prepared to die for, but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It seems more and more people are reverting to evil behavior. Teens are often in the middle ground, thats the time you lose some of your kids to the dark side if you don't stay with the connection, keep them in more, have friends over instead of kids out, work less or choose to work from home, because teenage years are like the terrible 2's, they're critical years. And its up to parents to teach kids ethics, especially compassion. And to laugh, talk out of the box, share all you know basically and teach them to see through media and programs. This feels like the outcome of political programs and agenda's, while parents are too busy being cogs in the system to pay attention or do anything.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
It seems more and more people are reverting to evil behavior. Teens are often in the middle ground, thats the time you lose some of your kids to the dark side if you don't stay with the connection, keep them in more, have friends over instead of kids out, work less or choose to work from home, because teenage years are like the terrible 2's, they're critical years. And its up to parents to teach kids ethics, especially compassion. And to laugh, talk out of the box, share all you know basically and teach them to see through media and programs. This feels like the outcome of political programs and agenda's, while parents are too busy being cogs in the system to pay attention or do anything.

Keeping kids in more won't protect them from the teachers.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh God I am so sick of hearing this one too.

"When the good cops stop covering for the bad ones."

1. What does that have to do with this thread?
2. Do you have proof the cops hit by the vehicle are covering for any bad cops? Please share if you do.
3. What about police officers that never witness their coworkers do anything unethical and/or criminal?

Please save that statement for threads involving cops covering for other cops that commit some kind of unethical or criminal act.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What are taxpayer funded public school employees doing sending their students to protests?
This is sickening in so many ways.
Your tax money at work again.

No it's allowing kids to know what their rights are. So you are against the right to protest and Free Speech are there any other rights you want taken away from the people so they can be more controllable slaves to the man?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I am going to place most of the blame on their teachers who must be of the liberal militant family of fundamentalists judging by this behavior.

Yeah we all know how kids like to obey teachers.

From article

Denver Public Schools said they have no plan to stop the protests after the second day of massive student walk outs from high schools in the area.

Students told Fox31 Denver certain teachers tried to discourage students from walking out.

Hmm seems like they don't listen to teachers who would have thunk it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You know what I understand why you say "as long as good cops cover bad ones" in regards to this thread.

I thought about it a little more after my initial reply to you.

I understand that if people feel that all cops cover for other cops wrongdoings they will act like this when anything bad happens to a cop.

That being said the belief that all cops cover for bad ones is false and that saying should not be parroted as much as it is.

When the statement is used it should be called out for its inaccuracy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The anti police rhetoric is extreme right now. Especially among high school students.

Seeing how many cops get away with assaulting and killing people without being reprimanded are your surprised they are acting this way?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

If a grand jury lets an officer off for something that was or that someone believes was criminal would be a fault of the judicial branch not the executive.

Also what does a cop in New York getting off for something that people feel was criminal have to do with me an officer in Florida that has never been involved in such a situation?

If people blame and use blanket hate towards me for what they feel was wrongdoing in New York or Missouri does that not make them prejudice?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Also with your train of thought would it not then be justified for me to hate all people since a majority of the time I am treated like garbage just because of the uniform I wear?

That is a vicious cycle.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

1. What does that have to do with this thread?

If you would have read and understood my post officer, you would have understood I was speaking of public perception. What is, and is not, true means squat to the public as a whole because they are often ill informed by the media circus. So all they have is their perception. What they see when bad cops go unpunished, and good cops don't speak up, is all bad cops. The only people who are going to change that perception is YOU, and unfortunately, the media.

2. Do you have proof the cops hit by the vehicle are covering for any bad cops? Please share if you do.

This doesn't even make sense in light of my post.

3. What about police officers that never witness their coworkers do anything unethical and/or criminal?

Don't even go here with me. It's not funny. I'll ask my cousin if he's ever witnessed anything unethical/criminal in the dept. Oh wait...I already have.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I responded a second time explaining I understood the relevance of your post.

What does your cousin have to do with me? So because your cousin may have witnessed cover up means I have?

Well crap, that is news to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Denver high School students in Colorado reacted in disrespectful ways when four bicycle officers were struck by an automobile at the end of Wednesday’s protests, the Denver Police Protective Association said.

The Denver Post reports students chanted, “Hit him again,” after the officer was struck.

The students were mainly marching in support of people protesting the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown

Students were heard chanting and cheering after the officers were hit. Teachers looked on and did not intervene while the students chanted, Fox31 Denver reports.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

More bad protestors.
This time high school students from Denver.
Being as most are underage to actually vote yet, or grow hair on their chins, I am going to place most of the blame on their teachers who must be of the liberal militant family of fundamentalists judging by this behavior.

Its sad that everyone is protesting to end violence yet they cheer when violence occurs to the LOE. Nation of hypocrits!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

That's just awful. No matter what they why they were protesting of from what ideological background they are... you don't wish a potential death upon others, or at least cheer at the idea a person might get (very) wounded.

When you protest, aren't you voicing something on ethics, something you deem right? But then you shouldn't forsake your own humanity.

Im sure the US patriots must have been crying and beating themselves up over there victory at Lexington and concord. There ethics must have been so strained.

Come on USA was built on VIOLENT rebellion.

When did the USA become so pussfied that a few plods being knocked off there bikes became so shocking!

If your forefathers had been such wimps you wouldn't even still be a UK colony you would be a French colony as they would have take you in the 7 year wars while you were battling with "ethics"

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Pitou

That's just awful. No matter what they why they were protesting of from what ideological background they are... you don't wish a potential death upon others, or at least cheer at the idea a person might get (very) wounded.

When you protest, aren't you voicing something on ethics, something you deem right? But then you shouldn't forsake your own humanity.

Im sure the US patriots must have been crying and beating themselves up over there victory at Lexington and concord. There ethics must have been so strained.

Come on USA was built on VIOLENT rebellion.

When did the USA become so pussfied that a few plods being knocked off there bikes became so shocking!

If your forefathers had been such wimps you wouldn't even still be a UK colony you would be a French colony as they would have take you in the 7 year wars while you were battling with "ethics"

so....cheering somebody getting hit by a car is patriotic?
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: simplifying

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

What are taxpayer funded public school employees doing sending their students to protests?

This is sickening in so many ways.

Your tax money at work again.

No it's allowing kids to know what their rights are. So you are against the right to protest and Free Speech are there any other rights you want taken away from the people so they can be more controllable slaves to the man?

So you're promoting the right to laugh at someone getting hit by a car. You must think it's ok then if there was laughter when if one of the protestors got hit by a car.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Exactly.

That right there is further empirical evidence of the blanket police hate I was speaking of.

In your war of independence there were many good redcoats, in fact many sympathized with the American patriots.
Your ancestors still shot them on the battle field.

The US government is corrupt to the core and enforcing its won tyranny and any government organization that upholds that tyranny paint a target on there heads.

You seem like a good cop. I hope nothing bad happens to you. But fact is your government has gone rogue and your in dangerous situation as the masses are starting to buck there government. Maybe you and your PD should make a stand with the people? Doesn't have to be violent. Look at the captain of the Nashville PD who instead of going down the route of suppression and militarization came out and helped the protestors?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join