It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These disturbing Christian ‘educational’ cartoons may shock you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
The first cartoon is taken directly from the Gospel. It reflects mainstream Christian thought.

You missed the point of why it was posted. It wasn't posted because of the message, it was posted as a pair with the one below it. The classroom in the first (including the teacher) is white while the classroom below it is all black (including the teacher). Segregation.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well with a curriculum like that no wonder they have so few students. That's about equal to one middle school plus one high school in any US city. Nothing to get worried about. It's not like they're going to become some controlling faction.

And to answer that little girl about who's going to feed her.
Stoves aren't gender specific tools I believe your father can probably figure out how to turn it on if he can figure out how to fix a car or run a lawn mower dear. Don't worry. And I will earn enough to pay someone to cook if he can't. a reply to: tothetenthpower

edit on 1272014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You don't think you should explain the difference between good and bad choices. Yes honey a good choice means you eat supper with us. If it's a bad choice you'll know because you won't be able to sit down and you'll be in your room hungry. I never raised my hands to my kids I always explained everything to them. I encouraged them to come to me. And one was ADD and a problem in school yet still he never got hit. He's a happy well adjusted man now.

reply to: peskyhumans

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: HAZE3
You fools and your fear of religious brainwashing. You have become so ignorant you dont realize your own society, your own pop culture brainwashes the masses everyday. Turn on the tv and that is what you will find. Its in your conversations and in your entertainment. Its in your government and your education. Its in your own standards, your moral code. Every single day. Believe me, four sundays out of the month of 'religious brainwashing' is the least of your concerns.

This isnt 4 sundays a month, its taught in schools 5 days a week. I'm certain that quite a few people here understand that television and music are ways of brainwashing people as well that are in use, at least i am. You're exactly right, it is in our government (Which would fall under the 'rulers' the one cartoon is so proud to be obeying) and our education system, what you're not recognizing is that THIS IS PART OF THESE PEOPLES EDUCATION SYSTEM.

Don't just take it as people bashing on religion. That's not how i took it, and not how it was presented. You're being overly defensive, reading to many chick tracts maybe? lol

@Jobeycool Most people here are not attacking the bible or religion itself. It is wrong to teach kids to blindly follow authority. This is how children get molested and do not tell people, and it's how the Hitler Youth was raised. Go ahead and justify either of those, i'll be waiting.

If anything you two are giving the bible bashers here exactly what they need to justify there way of thinking. You're blindly excepting these cartoons as good and wholesome because they come from people associated with a church, and as we know church folk are always the beacons of truth and wisdom.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
LOL those cartoons are so creepy! Yeah ACE sounds a bit like a cult, not gonna lie. O.O haha

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Did all the posters against listening to your parents have evil hateful abusing parents ?
See I had good parents, and when my siblings didn't listen to my parents, it caused the whole family trauma.
A cartoon encouraging young people to listen to their parents is not bad, unless your parents are abusing you.
Setting curfews and house rules is not abuse either.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Logarock

Would it be better if the kids caption said something like "Screw this prick"?

How about "I like helping my dad. It makes me feel responsible that I'm contributing to our household and doing my part."

Then no doubt someone would bitch about how that was exclusionary to the kid in the wheelchair who is physically unable to help dad build a frame.

There comes a time in life when you just have to listen to someone complain and respond with "Do you?" as sarcastically as humanly possible before moving on in the same direction you were heading in before the complaint sprung up...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

None of the cartoons say "parents" for gods sake where are you getting this? One of them literally says something about obeying their ruler. Cmon you cannot be this naive, no ones against someone listening to their parents, we are against them framing it as children listening to there parents and using it to sneak in messages about listening to authority in general.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

None of the cartoons say "parents" for gods sake where are you getting this? One of them literally says something about obeying their ruler. Cmon you cannot be this naive, no ones against someone listening to their parents, we are against them framing it as children listening to there parents and using it to sneak in messages about listening to authority in general.

Then you stand in opposition to the Christian Bible.
www.biblegateway.com...
ROMANS 13:

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

We all have free will, thus rebellion is sure to happen... Christians also have a responsibility to teach the Bible to our children, ALL of the Bible. It sucks that I have to be the ATS member pointing out this Biblical fact because I also happen to be one of our TEA Party members, staunchly anti-government, and frankly don't often practice any form of deference... In short, I'm a hypocrite.
but I'm a hypocrite who knows the difference between right and wrong and have made my choices with that knowledge.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Use of 'Christian' and 'Educational' in the same sentence is an oxymoron..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow. I've never read much of the bible at all, my parents didn't force me to go to church, their parents (my grandparents) were all quite religious, one side methodist and the others jehovahs witnesses, but my parents never forced me to go to either.

I never knew that was in the bible, the part about government. I guess i shouldnt be that surprised. I used to be an atheist, but now i just say im not sure. I dont like how a lot of atheists bash people for what they believe, their angry rhetoric, just like that of the hardcore christians, is what turned me off to both groups. I do not wish to live my life going around shouting at people about how stupid or wrong i think they are about something no one can prove. I do pray from time to time, for what it's worth.

Nobody knows for sure, least of all me. I have no authority to say who is right and who is wrong so i do not attempt to. Live and let live, if there is a god hopefully he doesn't think im too bad of a guy

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow. I've never read much of the bible at all, my parents didn't force me to go to church, their parents (my grandparents) were all quite religious, one side methodist and the others jehovahs witnesses, but my parents never forced me to go to either.

I never knew that was in the bible, the part about government. I guess i shouldnt be that surprised. I used to be an atheist, but now i just say im not sure. I dont like how a lot of atheists bash people for what they believe, their angry rhetoric, just like that of the hardcore christians, is what turned me off to both groups. I do not wish to live my life going around shouting at people about how stupid or wrong i think they are about something no one can prove. I do pray from time to time, for what it's worth.

Nobody knows for sure, least of all me. I have no authority to say who is right and who is wrong so i do not attempt to. Live and let live, if there is a god hopefully he doesn't think im too bad of a guy

It makes sense when you think about it. For a millenium the church was the de facto governing body of Europe. On top of that Jesus was very pro Roman Empire, it's been awhile since I've read the Bible but if I remember right be basically said they are legitimate rulers, do not rebel.

Then again the God in the Bible is a tyrant who demands absolute worship and rules through violence and fear. Even in his more loving self in the New Testament it's more a message of, you should revere, love, and obey me because I don't want to start destroying cities again.

That's one of the problems I have with the Bible, it has a very strong message of obeying authority but it says little about establishing that authority or the capabilities of and expectations for those in authority to make themselves deserving of those positions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join