It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These disturbing Christian ‘educational’ cartoons may shock you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
The hardcore ones had to change their tactics because the law will no longer let them burn all the godless heathens books, tear down their altars, and kill the ones who won't submit, like they did in South America in the middle ages.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It sure does...

And I thought Sunday school was bad, ACE takes it to another level.
edit on FriFri, 05 Dec 2014 09:42:31 -06001AMkuFridayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for posting this vid. But why bother to show use of similar tactics around here?

We need to teach our kids about our revolutionary philosophy. That we are a nation that rebelled against the ages old concept of "The Devine Right of Kings".

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

It sure does...

Our culture would be so much different if kids could be taught to respect experience while at the same time how to filter out bullsh*t.

Would it be better if the kids caption said something like "Screw this prick"?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

How about "I like helping my dad. It makes me feel responsible that I'm contributing to our household and doing my part."

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It sure does...

Our culture would be so much different if kids could be taught to respect experience while at the same time how to filter out bullsh*t.

You see nothing wrong with the wording of that kid's thought bubble? "It's easy to obey those who rule over me"? What the F! That totally skipped obeying dad/parents to straight up obeying any authority.

I mean it's not like authority figures have EVER done anything to make the people underneath them question their motives or anything...
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If you think this is outrageous, you need to fully grasp the impact from the last 250 years of activity by Western Europeans.

Schooling the world: The white man's last burden.

The big picture looks even worse.

Excellent video.

I encourage all to watch.
Thanks for posting it.

ETA: ALL western education is indoctrination
edit on 12 5 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read...

It's also one of the most warped I've ever read.

My concern just about outweighs my sense of humour on this one.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

How about "I like helping my dad. It makes me feel responsible that I'm contributing to our household and doing my part."

That's so much more Christian than " I love to obey those in charge "

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It sure does...

You see nothing wrong with the wording of that kid's thought bubble? "It's easy to obey those who rule over me"? What the F! That totally skipped obeying dad/parents to straight up obeying any authority.

I mean it's not like authority figures have EVER done anything to make the people underneath them question their motives or anything...

Well to some kid reading this the father/dad there is evident. Don't know that a kid would make the leap over to other authority figures as a father equivalent from this.

And hay its ok to teach kids to question authority but that can been done without raising a punk.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And hay its ok to teach kids to question authority but that can been done without raising a punk.

Yeah critical thinking and non blind obedience aren't synonymous with badly behaved children lol

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Come on Tenth! You're shocked by Christianity in any case!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Come on Tenth! You're shocked by Christianity in any case!

Yeah, spose you're right about that one.

I can't really consider this Christianity though. It's like bad fan fiction for the blindly obedient.

Like that ridiculous woman at the Museum or whatever from last week.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I think that idea is conveyed already. And really, if we think that how we view our parents at that age didn't affect our interaction with other adults we are just kidding ourselves. Kids that love and respect their parents pick off jackasses adults easy enough in most cases.

An line from a movie...."I never took a lash to my son because I didn't want him to learn to respect anyone that used one".

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I can't really consider this Christianity though.

I happen to agree.

SnF

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Haha..., Archie and his friends were religious kids.

That's a great observation Tru! LMAO

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You know I always had trouble getting on the cop kick because I had one come out of nowhere and save me from an attacking German Shepard when I was about 7 years old. You can see the dilemma with that and knowing that "some of those who work forces are the same that burn crosses".

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Then why didn't it just use the language "I enjoy listening to my parents"? Why was the phrasing "those who rule over me," used? The picture of the father is actually a double whammy, since it teaches the child to associate anyone who rules over them as a father figure. It can also disarm a child's defenses by providing a non-threatening example of someone who rules over them.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Today is not like yesteryears and it just may be that we have no way of teaching our youth how to rebel .I believe that under all our best efforts is a generation that will know how to .Listening to some parents trying to explain what is going on is a youth much sharper then their parents and are more aware of what is happening .

The best we can do or should do is to teach them how to learn instead of what to learn .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I could write an entire essay on these fundie mindsets and lifestyles...but I'll keep it short:

Children raised in families like these tend to suffer from mountains of toxic shame, which manifests itself later in life as codependency or other really messed up psychological disorders. It's painful to have met many, many people suffering so greatly as adults because their potential as a human being was cut down to nothing as a kid.

These types of "religious teachings" aren't about being reverent or glorifying a creator -- they are about control and manipulation by the patriarchy, as I can assure you there is a double standard for the males in these groups.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join