It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes, but there's a strongly convinced minority a fetus is a life form in its own right and not just part of the mother's body.

In my mind, the right of a conceived child to have a life means that abortion should be illegal in all instances where the mother is not in serious risk.

I don't blame women who choose abortion, and I don't think that they any different than anyone else. There is already enough violence and disrespect towards women in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

How can you enforce it? women have been doing it forever...
The best thing is to offer them help and support and a decent way of doing it.
At least try and think beyond making it illegal because doing so makes our society sicker in the long run.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: sdubya

How can you enforce it? women have been doing it forever...

Um, this is true of murder, rape, theft, etc...

The best thing is to offer them help and support and a decent way of doing it.
At least try and think beyond making it illegal because doing so makes our society sicker in the long run.

There are better arguments for abortion than that

edit on 6-12-2014 by StalkerSolent because: Formatting!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

but nobody knows what is best. isn't that why we are having a discussion?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
You cannot kill that which cannot breathe independently, that which

is being oxygenated and nurtured artificially. That which cannot exist

without the behest of another.

So you wouldn't call it killing if I walked into an intensive care unit and started unplugging people?
edit on 6-12-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

So far you have been discussing
# multiple abortions
# loose women
# having fun with their pants on or off
# how much fun you've had
# partying with $10k
# you've had plenty of sex
# you've never been pregnant
# methods of birth control
# Aristotels doctrine
# Confucius
# internal issues of the promiscuous
# bad parenting, bad relationships, drugs
# my views are incorrect
# umpteen studies prove you right
# they don't realise self degradation isn't OK
# they are ruining their mental health
# you are 23 years and in a monogamous relationship for 5 years
# and its your opinion that I ought to reconsider my views ....and so on

All that and more taken from just ONE of your posts LOL!!

And the title of this thread >>>>

PREGNANT WOMAN PERFECTALY TELLS OFF ANTI ABORTION PROTESTERS

So no that is not what has been being discussed

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

So you wouldn't call it killing if I walked into an intensive care unit and started unplugging people?

There is as yet no medical machinery/equipment that could keep a foetus alive.

So in point of fact you are likening a *woman* to a breeding machine.

It would seem many here are in line with 'catholic' ethics mind set of if its a

case of the mother or the babies life, the mother dies regardless of if she has

half a dozen other children and toddlers who depend on her.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Anti abortion protestors just need to shut the hell up and mind their own business. The world is already overpopulated and like the woman said in the video, you don't know what the woman went through. Would you want your wife/girlfriend to keep the child after being raped by some prick...I'd say 90% NO!!! Look at the financial aspect too...kids cost money and if you're already struggling then why put yourself and your child in more of a bind?? Come on now....people are just stupid as hell and need to worry about themselves and making the planet a better place. The irony of is that I bet those same people who protest against abortions would most likely have something slick to say if they seen a woman or young girl with a kid or a whole clan of kids struggling. I bet they would think something along the lines of "how can she have so many kids" or "she's too young"...So yea lets just overpopulate the planet some more and keep popping children out like we can afford it and see what happens...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

I agree that your points have validity, but should we rely on what may or may not be mass murder to accomplish this?

I think that those who are against abortion should work on making it easier for women who choose not to abort. Protesting in front of a clinic is the least productive thing they could do (and is incidentally the easiest way to feel self-righteous).

I wish that I did more in this regard and hopefully in the future I'll have the time and resources to do more.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

There's plenty that medical science can do to keep babies alive post 22 weeks. Would it be ok for the parents to unplug a preemie that is doing well because they don't wish to raise the child?

I believe you're referring to the situation in Ireland, which bans abortion even in cases where the mother's life is at stake. I don't think anyone on this threat has made that argument? (not sure)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya

There's plenty that medical science can do to keep babies alive post 22 weeks. Would it be ok for the parents to unplug a preemie that is doing well because they don't wish to raise the child?

Would it be a viable option to abortion, then, for a pregnant woman to demand that her fetus be removed at say 24weeks, instead, since it could possibly survive without her, with medical science and break throughs and all?
edit on 6-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

When in doubt, isn't it better to consider the rights of, and, what is best for the living breathing autonomous woman who doesn't want to be pregnant?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Meaning you buy into the whole Behaviorism and Eugenics shindig?

You know, Pennhurst Asylum was probably one of the worst crimes against humanity that I've ever seen. Or, how about the Nazis? Eugenicists oft use their ethical subjectivism to disastrous ends. Seeing others as being unfit to produce--somehow seeing yourself as above those who are deemed to be unfit--is quite a slippery slope. I'm not thinking that you're looking to be altruistic but rather only in it for yourself. So, yeah that's kinda selfish of you to say. How would you feel if you or your mom or something was a disabled person? Would you say the same thing?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

the eugenicist in me (yes, dammit sometimes lol) is rather intrigued by your plan. I actually quite like it.

Damn. now there goes my integrity, too

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

a reply to: eletheia!

yooo doood do you and epithelial or whatever her name is do this as a team or something?

if not then imo it's pretty coordinated and therefore kinda epic in its own right. Even though you two make absolutely no sense because all you two seem to be doing is purposefully misconstruing and belittling others to the point that they start to get a bit peeved and tweaked out because...they wonder, how the heck don't you understand English? And why won't you ever read responses and respond accordingly without jumping to another crazy and analysis-less conclusion. You guys are such sensationalists haha cool your jets young padawons and save thine energy and passion for something worthwhile. There's no point to what you're doing on this thread you know. Do you wanna talk or whatever? PM me. I'm a good listener.

I just wanted to let you two know that I don't dislike you or anything and I'm not angry that you gave me a hard time over your own blind 'logic'. I love to debate. And unfortunately for you I'm very good at it and have never lost. I'm also arguably more annoying than the both of you put together because I'm a know-it-all and arrogant like that hehe
You can pick and choose sentences to create what you want to believe that my posts say but anyone can just go back and read everything and see what's really going on.

People aren't as stupid as you think that they are.

Hey--can we step back for a second, out of this thread and listen to me for one second please:

I would be really, really happy if you'd both lighten up, stop being catty, start being real, put the disagreements away, and lets be friends. Let's all three of us stop being argumentative. And will the two of you please stop accusing posters of random things that they didn't do left and right? Please. Because I think that you both aren't dumb--if I did I wouldn't still be talking right now. And I'm sorry for sounding so condescending in some of my past posts. I get fed up with people easily and I apologize for having such little patience.

But I'm willing to put our rather unsightly discourse behind me and forgive and forget it totally and start over fresh.

Hi, windword and eletheia--it's a pleasure to meet the both of you.

Now, will you be so kind as to begin by saying what you feel about the OP?

Please let's just try this again. I honestly want to have a conversation with you. A real one. And I'm sorry again for being mean. I didn't mean it.

And to be honest, it was a lot of fun having to deal with your accusations. Like I was pretty adrenaline-fueled for some of that P:
I hope you were similarly entertained.

But for the record, I don't think that women who get abortions are whores. I think that women can be whores all on their own in life. Which has absolutely nothing to do with abortions. I never said that, I'm serious. I would admit it if I had said that. I have no problem admitting to the truth. But I'm not going to say that I am guilty of anything you accused with regards to judgement, pushing morality, or whatever. I tend to come off very strongly. I'm an ENTJ. I don't mean to.

So, if you think it sounded like I said something else, then you know what fine. Perhaps I didn't pay much attention when I was writing initially (there admittedly wasn't much thought put into my first few posts. That is, until you two gave me a much-appreciated challenge and made me start thinking seriously--thank you. That was really legit :up
). SO yeah regarding all that, I'm asking you both to please believe me that I really don't believe that and that I'm sorry that I was lazy in my syntax. I wasn't even using capitalization or good punctuaton. And now I am and will continue to do so, too. Because you two actually helped me to realize something rather important. That I need to always be mindful and not so damn careless sometimes. So yeah. I added you two as friends lol

edit on Sat, 06 Dec 2014 23:22:25 -0600000000k22pm by rukia because: _> lol)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Wow, anti abortion people are such scum

I can't believe they put a sign in front of a medical clinic. These people are pure gutter filth.

Whenever I use the toilet, I flush away more value to the world than all anti-abortion people combined.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya

The youngest recorded premature baby was 23 weeks, the survival

is an exception rather than the rule. Premature babies face a daunting

array of serious problems. They have very little in the way of lungs or

brains, infact all organs are extremely fragile. Trying to keep the baby

alive may involve inflicting a high degree of irretrievable damage, the

brain is prone to injury and bleeding. Follow up studies suggest that

IF they survive they have a very high chance of developmental

or neurological problems.

All these *saved* babies with a high possibility of long term health issues

on already stretched health services and hospitals .... Who is going to

care for them
YOU

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: StalkerSolent

No think about the social implications if we make it illegal.

1) Women again are shackled to their own body...no choice when pregnant must have that baby.
2) Women who are found having an abortion get jail time for doing so.
3) nearly a million more kids a year just in the US alone.
4) Taxes rise to look after those unwanted kids.

The most important is taking the right away from women to do what they want to their own body, it is against human rights (a fetus is not a human btw).
Womens rights would be put back years.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

No they are not looking after any more kids seeing there are so many looking for a place to live now.
edit on 7-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Why is it when you have miscarry you "lose a child" but when you deliberately get rid of one you, "Abort a fetus" when the end result is the same, ie, Life ended. ?
edit on 7-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join