It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Arnie123

Ah yes! Every sperm is sacred!

Some of the crowd that would outlaw abortion would do well to consider the lengths that many young Irish women went to in spite of the law

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: HelenConway
Sure...they are also killers as a result of abortions.

You cannot kill that which cannot breathe independently, that which

is being oxygenated and nurtured artificially. That which cannot exist

without the behest of another.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I have noticed how all the anti abortion people have ignored my questions to them on the first page.

Another member mentioned they only care for the fetus before birth.

I think he is right.

So come on answer the questions.

1. Yes, except for life threatening or violent circumstances.
2. That's like asking how does one stop people from doing drugs.
3. I don't have an answer for.
4. The parents. The court system can make fathers and mothers pay for unwanted children, why not in this circumstance as well?

Your questions are great, but would they even be need to be answered if sex wasn't viewed so much as a recreational activity but rather the precurser to procreation?

Sex is great, but it has life the potential for life changing effects. Pregnancy is a potential effect. If a couple isn't prepared to be a father or a mother, then intercourse shouldn't be an option.

This topic would be a non issue if sex wasn't viewed as a recreational activity.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

So you can only answer two...
Thats the thing anti abortionists can't come up with the answers.
Make it against the law and you have to punish people who break that law so are you going to lock em up?.
How do you make a woman who doesn't want to carry a child have that baby? Tie them up for six months?.
Like it or not abortion is a right for the woman.
No one else.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Nine months btw at work

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MarkJS

Got it! In your opinion, all women who have had an abortion should never have sex again.

I gave you a star for that post. Thank You.

If a person cannot do it right without killing babies.... yes. Stop.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Questions two and three have no legitimate answers. There are a wide variety of subjects that those two questions can be applied to and still have no answer. They are also hypocritical. If I caused the death of a child in the womb, I can be charged with homicide. Society would have no problem with my incarceration should that occur. Why does this not apply in the context of abortion?

Please feel free to answer my question: Would they even be need to be answered if sex wasn't viewed so much as a recreational activity but rather the precurser to procreation? It's also the right of a man and/or women to say no to intercourse as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

We are human beings and have the luxury of having sex for recreation.
Should we ban sex unless for the porpose of procreation? .
Not going to happen.
The anawer is education, sex education.
But do you remember being young?.
The power of the boner at that age is stronger than pretty much anything else.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Even some luxuries shouldn't be exercised and even some luxuries carry consequences, right? Anyway, it's not just a luxury. It's an activity that carries, I say this loosely, potential consequences. I'm not saying that sex outside of procreation should be banned. You're right, that will never happen and nor should it. I am saying that there has to be a change of view in regard to sex. That's where, as you've stated, sex education comes into play.

I could give many examples, but it's easier to say that we have to be prepared and ready to accept the consequences of our actions. If a man and a women are not prepared to deal with the potential consequence of pregnancy, regardless of the steps or preventative measures taken, then sexual activities shouldn't be conducted.

The power of a boner is strong, but it doesn't allieviate responsibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Exactly, only the mother knows her true circumstances. While, yes, there are some dumb and irresponsible girls who get abortions for immature reason (I know one); many times it is for valid reasons as well. But at the end of the day, the decision is between the potential mother and her god (and possibly the potential father). Not some Christians trying to save a soul, not government, just them. And we owe it to the mother to make sure she is safe going through the procedure. If abortion is really killing a soul, then why advocate killing two souls because you don't like the death of the first? It's the immature ones that are going to get the abortion anyways, regardless of the law.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

you know, i have no idea how you get having fun from multiple unwanted pregnancies and desperation. having fun? you can have fun with your pants on or off. Not just one or the other. So, you don't think that women who get multiple abortions are in any way traumatized? You think they're just having fun? I didn't insinuate that they were having too much fun.

I'm all for fun. In fact, I've had a ton of fun--and I can't go into detail here due to T&C's but heck, I've partied with $10k. And I've had plenty of sex because, sex is good and I enjoy it. I am twenty-three years old and a female. Currently, and for the past 5 or so years, I've been in a monogamous relationship with my fiance. Before that, yeah I had a couple instances of casual sex--I'm not totally a prude. But never did I get pregnant, almost pregnant or anything. I know everyone's different--but there's no excuse for those who get abortion after abortion like it's going out of style. Anyone with a brain would go, hmmm you know what--I think I'll be more careful in the future and perhaps use condoms or the pill or practice the withdrawal method so that I don't get preggers A-frickin-GAIN. It's like--hmmm ya thinkkk? Unfortunately this isn't obvious to everyone for various reasons--and because of that something has to change regarding that subsect of the populace. Otherwise we risk abandoning integrity as a society due to the pursuit of materialism and excessive individualism. Terence Mckenna has said a lot of brilliant things regarding this--perhaps you should go and listen to some of his speeches on culture.

Getting back to this talk about 'fun', my views are as follows: It is Aristotle's doctrine of mean--which asserts that one should seek the middle-ground between deficit and excess--ie. temperance because the mean is the ideal road to virtue--Confucius also agrees. Ben Franklin was another person to try and gain temperance in his behaviors--he actually kept a running daily log of how he did on temperance and other virtues each and every day.

I'd say that multiple pregnancies/abortions with multiple fathers and the life that goes along with that sort of thing is literally anything but fun. I haven't lived it--but neither have you. However, I have studied such cases in school--and I lived in downtown Chicago while attending Loyola. I've seen women like the one's I've described. And they didn't look like they were having fun. They looked lost and unhappy.

So what, you're telling me that a woman/man who is promiscuous is totally a-okay and isn't completely acting out due to an internal issue (doesn't matter what it is, could be bad parenting, bad socialization, bad relationships, drugs, you name it)? You're telling me that they're just having fun and don't need to rethink anything?

If that's what you think, then you're absolutely incorrect. As in, there is literally case study after case study that refutes what you are saying. Promiscuity to the point of self-degradation isn't okay for anyone, no matter what they try to tell themselves. They need to face their issues--whatever they may be--and move forward or risk stagnating.

So you're cool with giving them help in the form of planned parenthood but you aren't okay with mandatory mental help and counseling when those abortion services are given freely? So you're jiggy with letting them ruin their mental and physical well-being? I find that deplorable. And I really think you ought to reconsider your view. That's all I'll say.
edit on 6-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I could give many examples, but it's easier to say that we have to be prepared and ready to accept the consequences of our actions. If a man and a women are not prepared to deal with the potential consequence of pregnancy

Well that is the crux of the whole matter when they do deal with the

consequences you get all this rhetoric from people with their own reasons

and beliefs and agendas trying to tell them that they are wrong and what

they should and shouldn't do.

So whatever happened to free choice?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What ever happened to integrity?

And I have to point out that the only one relying on rhetoric is you. I'm relying on facts, ethical theories, the biopsychosocial method, and occam's razor. I'm sorry that I'm a good orator--doesn't mean that what I say is any less true.

So now you also have an issue with taking responsibility for ones actions? LOLOLOL wow are you an adult or are you a kid or something? You need to wake up and smell the bacon--if you're going to have a problemo with being a responsible person then what in the world do you stand for? The total devolution of civilization? NEWSFLASH>>>> WE HAVE FREE CHOICE. It's called free will. You know, as in fate v. free will? That literary theme? But free choice doesn't negate personal responsibility or an inherent need for integrity. Or do you just think that Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is below you--? Methinks you are either willfully ignoring sense or you just don't know. Which is why I've been explaining all of this--just in case you need it. Because I'm nice and bored like that.

Oh, I'm sorry I went all Lord Voldemort on the world and killed the muggles--it's ok though on account 'a I DO WUT I WANTS.

-- er yeah. you do that and lemme know how it turns out for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I want to put a few statistics out there that may help people:

In 2011, there were approximately 1 million abortions in the United States.

In 1972, the year before abortion was legalized, only 39 reported deaths occurred due to complications of illegal abortions (obviously, the real number is several times higher).

87% of abortions have nothing to do with health issues or rape.

This means that, if non-health related abortions are banned, we would need to find a way to care for 870,000 unwanted children per year. That's alot of kids.

I am personally against abortion but I realize that it's a hard and complicated subject.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

sweet--thanks for the stats

87% of them having nothing to do with medical reasons or rape--which brings me back to my points.
I'm against it too, man on one hand but then on the other I can understand it. I think it's really a subjective issue. However, I am certain that there needs to be some sort of (intensive) follow-up and counseling in order to ensure the mental and physical well-being of those getting/wanting to get abortions. Because getting an abortion must be a hard choice to make for most people. Can't make a snap decision like that most of the time. Not to mention those who end up getting many abortions. We should provide them with more support.

But then, there's the naysayers who think that women in desperate situations are merely having fun and don't need assistance.

So yeah, this is why we can't have nice things lol jk

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's an idea... Have a law that says - after a certain number of abortions, sterilization is mandatory.

Could apply to both the girl and the father(s).

Yes/No? Too extreme?

Just thought of it, and am throwing it out there as an idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
you know, i have no idea how you get having fun from multiple unwanted pregnancies and desperation. having fun? you can have fun with your pants on or off. Not just one or the other. So, you don't think that women who get multiple abortions are in any way traumatized? You think they're just having fun? I didn't insinuate that they were having too much fun.

ASSUMPTIONS AGAIN.... women having multiple abortions?

And hey! I'm all for people enjoying themselves any which way they

like .... freedom of CHOICE.

there's no excuse for those who get abortion after abortion like it's going out of style. Anyone with a brain would go, hmmm you know what--I think I'll be more careful in the future and perhaps use condoms or the pill or practice the withdrawal method so that I don't get preggers A-frickin-GAIN.

ASSUMING AGAIN!!!

Getting back to this talk about 'fun', my views are as follows: It is Aristotle's doctrine of mean--which asserts that one should seek the middle-ground between deficit and excess--ie. temperance because the mean is the ideal road to virtue--Confucius also agrees. Ben Franklin was another person to try and gain temperance in his behaviors--he actually kept a running daily log of how he did on temperance and other virtues each and every day.

"Yawn" .... to each their own - I'm all for people enjoying themselves

any way they want .... FREE CHOICE again!

I'd say that multiple pregnancies/abortions with multiple fathers and the life that goes along with that sort of thing is literally anything but fun. I haven't lived it--but neither have you. However, I have studied such cases in school--and I lived in downtown Chicago while attending Loyola. I've seen women like the one's I've described. And they didn't look like they were having fun. They looked lost and unhappy.

ASSUMPTIONS AGAIN and your personal opinions thrown in on how

they look ... lost and unhappy?? could actually be tired and unwell. How

you see things is subjective after all.

How would you ever know how I have lived ... I could be a 'play boy' pet

or bunny or whatever for all you know.

So what, you're telling me that a woman/man who is promiscuous is totally a-okay and isn't completely acting out due to an internal issue (doesn't matter what it is, could be bad parenting, bad socialization, bad relationships, drugs, you name it)? You're telling me that they're just having fun and don't need to rethink anything?

Unlike you I am not making any judgements.

If that's what you think, then you're absolutely incorrect. As in, there is literally case study after case study that refutes what you are saying. Promiscuity to the point of self-degradation isn't okay for anyone, no matter what they try to tell themselves. They need to face their issues--whatever they may be--and move forward or risk stagnating.

I'll leave it to you to save the world, and make them face their

issues and demons as only you seem to think you can

So you're cool with giving them help in the form of planned parenthood but you aren't okay with mandatory mental help and counseling when those abortion services are given freely? So you're jiggy with letting them ruin their mental and physical well-being? I find that deplorable. And I really think you ought to reconsider your view. That's all I'll say.

Sorry I'll have to pass on that one I'm not au fait with 'planned parenthood

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I have no issues with taking responsibility for ones actions. but

I do have issues with people who think they know what's best for

others.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I do agree that educating people who use abortion as a birth control method is right but Iam sure they already do something like this (at least in the UK).
I know quite a few people whom have had a abortion and each one didn't take the decision likely, it is a hard decision that they made due to their circumstances.
To vilify women because they have the choice of what to do with their lives is just wrong.
I mean how are you going to make a woman who does not want a child carry that child? even If you try you are going to end up hurting the woman and the child.
Like I said it is up to each individual to make the decision not any of ours.
Remember it isn't up to us to judge any woman for what she does to her body...people forget that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join