It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have noticed how all the anti abortion people have ignored my questions to them on the first page.
Another member mentioned they only care for the fetus before birth.
I think he is right.

So come on answer the questions.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
I'm saying that if you're loose and find that you need to have more than one abortion, that maybe you might want to reconsider your approach to sex--and yourself. Learn to respect yourself so that you don't have to have an abortion and mess up your reproductive system.

Judgemental much!!??? Who gave you the job as *keeper of

the moral code* of others?

And yeah, is there a problem with me calling it like it is? If she has sex all of the time with various partners and has no regard for herself or others then yes she is a whore and yes she needs help. Being a whore must be quite sad.

Do you also have a demeaning name for all those various partners

who are aiding and abetting her in being a 'whore' ..... For she

certainly cant be one without them!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yep, not much to say, you said - and yet you managed to make so many mistakes in your title alone.

And your nickname does really not automatically raise feelings of respect and eloquent admiration.

First of all, the word is "protester", not "protestor".

Second of all, what is being protested? "Abortion protester" would protest Abortions.

But you wrote "Anti-Abortion protestors (sic)", so what do you mean? Do you mean someone protested (or protestored?) Anti-Abortion? How do you protest the opposite of abortion? And what would that even be? I mean, if passivity is the opposite of any action, then anything and everything that is passivity, is anti-abortion.

Either they are anti-abortionists, or they protest abortions ('to protest', by the way, means, "to accept with complaints"). They can't be "Anti-Abortion Protesters", because you can't really protest Anti-Abortion, because such a thing doesn't exist. There can't be "anti-abortion", unless it means that you actually magically create fetuses and then push them in women's uteruses! Though, that'd probably be called something like 'artificial insemination' or 'artificial fetus growing' or whatever.

There's no hope for this world, if people can't even get their simple titles right. Doesn't anyone think here?

There's another example of these Terran denizens not thinking in their daily life; someone talked about having reached their 25th year on this planet.

How old is this individual (or his/her body)?

Many would probably answer, 25 years old. That'd be completely wrong. But people don't think - they take a number, and then twist that into different concepts, not realizing that changing the concept changes the number.

Your first year was spent here when your body was exactly ZERO years old. So, when you reach the end of the first (1st) year, and the SECOND (2nd) year begins, your body becomes exactly one (1) year old.

So, 1 year old, 2nd year. Ten years old, 11th year begins. 25 years old, 26th year begins.

Same thing goes with the birthday number - your first birthday, you were 0 years old, because you were 'being born' (well, incarnated anyway - the commonly used terminology of this planet is messed up, but what can be expected of these odd creatures). A year from that, it's your SECOND birthday, and your body will turn exactly ONE (1) year old. So, 2nd birthday, 1 years old.

25th birthday, 24 years old, or 25 years old, 26th birthday.

But yet this individual's body was 25 years old, AND he/she talked about these things, like 25th birthday, 25th year and 25 years old is the same thing.

When it's not. All you have to do is THINK a little bit, but no. They don't.

The same seems to be true with whoever wrote your post's title. No thought whatsoever. Just reaction. And then the nick, and then the actual post without any expression of any thought.

There's really no hope.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Well I think EVERYONE understood what the poster was saying without your PEDANTIC post.

In your haste to discredit a post due to semantics and pedantisms, you showed yourself by trying to discredit grammar rather than substance.

Take your hat and coat and leave the debate..

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: eletheia
Your opinion does not create facts out of thin air. You do understand that "consent" isn't necessitated by nature in order for a fetus to become a born child, right? In fact, the natural thing to happen is exactly that.

My opinions are formed by facts .... what are yours formed by?

Did you know that only 30% to 50% of conceptions progress to

first trimester due to spontaneous aborting, the vast majority

of women are not even aware of that conception, and many are

lost before medical practitioners can even detect an embryo.

What isn't natural is a mother (yes, they're a mother, even before the child is born) choosing to have the child murdered just because said child might be a burden to their life.

Would that be an opinion or a fact? How many women who have

had an abortion have confided in you their reason for doing so?

Your just making assumptions and judgement's

You can twist and distort things all you want, but the facts are the facts.

LOL!! Your facts .... My opinions

Might I ask...do you have children?

What has that to do with anything?

I have children, grand children, and great grand children soooo

does that make my opinions any more or less valid?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I just copied the title from the video page.

Also picking on someones avatar name?......really?.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Congrats for having the restraint for not pulling that garbage to pieces

If I can be arsed much later today, and seeing how it develops... well, you know

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

She cited reasons… What other reasons for abortion are there besides "rape by soldiers", sexual abuse, incest and financial problems?

I never could quite understand "rape" (except incestuous rape, which could lead to serious genetic defects) being a valid reason for abortion.
I certainly can understand the woman not wanting the child - but the truth remains that a child that is the product of rape still is a child, not guilty or "tainted" in any way (except in some people's minds).

It is also a fact that it is not only about the woman's body - whether she likes it or not, there is another (another's) body growing inside of her, and that body shouldn't be thought about as an extension of the mother's body. Because it isn't.

It is not an easy subject; and obscuring it with self-centered emotions disguised as "reasoning" doesn't help one bit.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra

I never could quite understand "rape" (except incestuous rape, which could lead to serious genetic defects) being a valid reason for abortion.

With those views I think its safe to assume you're a man? Rape is ....

# A crime and a violation of another's body be they male or female

I certainly can understand the woman not wanting the child - but the truth remains that a child that is the product of rape still is a child, not guilty or "tainted" in any way (except in some people's minds).

Even if a woman was considering having a child, She is hardly going

to be exhilarated to find herself pregnant after such a traumatic

and violating experience. A daily or a life time reminder of that

episode which will in any event impossible to scrub from her mind.

And who's to say she hasn't a partner who would hardly be thrilled

at the thought, never mind living with the results?

It is also a fact that it is not only about the woman's body - whether she likes it or not, there is another (another's) body growing inside of her, and that body shouldn't be thought about as an extension of the mother's body. Because it isn't.

It is all about the woman's body if she is not prepared to nurture

an embryo to maturity she will not do so whether it is legal or otherwise

Lets remember that it is not a viable life for another 24 weeks.

It is not an easy subject; and obscuring it with self-centered emotions disguised as "reasoning" doesn't help one bit.

Read the first part of my post to answer that

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

- but the truth remains that a child that is the product of rape still is a child, not guilty or "tainted" in any way (except in some people's minds).

Important distinction… religious overtones make all kinds of good and "bad" decisions for us.

Some call it bad to avoid calling it evil, right?

Or in double speak, good and "not good".

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
When you decide to have an abortion, you are effectively ending someones life. That is a decision that should not be taken lightly and if I was a woman that was forced to make a decision like that I would be a mess.

However it takes two to tango, and the father needs to be considered. To learn that your future child will not see the light of day would be heartbreaking for any man.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

you're the one asserting weird and insulting things about women. i dont have the patience to outline--again--how you are wrong and how you lack critical thinking skills. i've explained enough. your turn. i already answered all of those questions at least once. i am not making a habit out of repeating myself. figure it out yourself, dude. i said everything clearly. and nowhere did i assert that abortions make someone a whore. Learn to read. This is just getting silly, now.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

don't take things out of context. yeah, i was being snippy. but he was pidgeonholing me. I'm not so fake that I won't get annoyed if provoked. chill and read the whole back and forth or don't. And no, i didn't say anything about the partners or anything like that. Nor did I insult whores. I merely relayed that there exists a subsect of our population who behaves promiscuously. And that abortion shouldn't be their be-all-end-all. But instead, that they should get some help and counseling to break the cyclic cycle of pain and hardship. Jeeze louise. Just what I wanted to do on my saturday morning lol cripes.

lol i guess my word choice gets crappy when i am forced to repeat myself three times in a row. oh no, heaven forbid!
edit on 6-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

I'm saying that if you're loose and find that you need to have more than one abortion, that maybe you might want to reconsider your approach to sex--and yourself. Learn to respect yourself so that you don't have to have an abortion and mess up your reproductive system.

Judgemental much!!??? Who gave you the job as *keeper of

the moral code* of others?

LOL orly now? I didn't say that anyone had to do anything. The word 'you' is here used as a general term--the word 'one' could be substituted for 'you' if it really gets your goat that badly. And logic states that you should change something if things aren't working out to what you want. That's all I said. Insanity is repeating the cycle expecting not to get pregnant again. Morality? Where? I'm talking sociology at the moment. And using hypotheticals.

Seems that you just gave me that job. Sweet. As keeper of the morality, I hereby decree that you must go and read the allegory of the man in the cave followed by several hours of reading nothing but Kant. Just because I say so. bahahaha

Right...so now that we've got that joke out of our system can we instead get back to an actual discussion versus me reiterating simple concepts or do you still need me to answer something?

Oh, and so now someone is 'judgmental' when they merely give logical advice to a hypothetical to make a point? Are you kidding me? Is it wrong for me to bring up the fact that some people abuse the system and should really just get counseling BEFORE deciding to have multiple abortions? You're really telling me that this is a totally new concept for you or something?
You're the one being judgmental if anyone is--don't make assumptions because you know what they say about those. I haven't judged anything. In fact, in my first post I stated at the beginning that I was on the fence about the abortion issue. Not that you read that far back. lol I can't believe we are now having a discussion about semantics.
edit on 6-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

First of all, Rukia, I'm a 60ish year old woman with a 40 year old daughter. I've had a child, an abortion, a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy.

Nor did I insult whores.

Unless you're referring to scantily clad women congregating on street corners to solicit johns for $25 blow jobs to supply their crack habit, you are, in fact, insulting women at large.

I merely relayed that there exists a subset of our population who behaves promiscuously. And that abortion shouldn't be their be-all-end-all. But instead, that they should get some help and counseling to break the cyclic cycle of pain and hardship.

If you'd ever had an abortion, you wouldn't think that. Abortion isn't an easy way out, by any stretch of the imagination.

Sometimes, less is better. You're certainly welcome to your opinion. I also have the right to challenge your thought process.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Because it is the woman who has to carry the pregnancy and it is her choice - rightly or wrongly that is the way it is.
Pregnancy is scary for many and it can cause massive health concerns as well, plus it is the woman [ mainly ] who ends up holding the baby, giving up work and having her life completely changed .. so it is up to the person who is carrying to decide.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

don't take things out of context. yeah, i was being snippy. I merely relayed that there exists a subsect of our population who behaves promiscuously. And that abortion shouldn't be their be-all-end-all. But instead, that they should get some help and counseling to break the cyclic cycle of pain and hardship.

Hey I just clicked on quote of your post and separated your points so

unless something weird is going on >>> YOUR WORDS!

Being promiscuous is subjective ... someone you refer to as promiscuous

and needing help, is probably someone who knows how to have fun and

enjoying themselves. (I see little of that word enjoying in any of your

posts) Live and let live - each to their own is my point of view.

Again your view of loose? and so one abortion is OK? but more

makes you a loose woman?

What ever gives you the idea that someone who enjoys (yes enjoys) sex,

partying and having fun 'may not respectt themselves and may want to

reconsider their approach to sex' It seems that you appear rather 'uptight'

in those areas.

LOL orly now? I didn't say that anyone had to do anything. The word 'you' is here used as a general term--the word 'one' could be substituted for 'you' if it really gets your goat that badly. And logic states that you should change something if things aren't working out to what you want. That's all I said. Insanity is repeating the cycle expecting not to get pregnant again. Morality? Where? I'm talking sociology at the moment. And using hypotheticals.

You're assuming that all these loose women are having multiple abortions

where they may only be having one apiece? Just a lot of loose women

in your book ...LOL!

Oh, and so now someone is 'judgmental' when they merely give logical advice to a hypothetical to make a point? Are you kidding me? Is it wrong for me to bring up the fact that some people abuse the system and should really just get counseling BEFORE deciding to have multiple abortions? You're really telling me that this is a totally new concept for you or something?
You're the one being judgmental if anyone is--don't make assumptions because you know what they say about those. I haven't judged anything. In fact, in my first post I stated at the beginning that I was on the fence about the abortion issue. Not that you read that far back. lol I can't believe we are now having a discussion about semantics.

^^^^^^^The bolded bit .... Of course you have you have insinuated that

anyone having an abortion is enjoying themselves too much, is a loose

woman and needs to re think their attitude to sex ........

edit on 6-12-2014 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway
Sure...they are also killers as a result of abortions.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Care to answer my questions on the first page?.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ah yes! Every sperm is sacred!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra

It's not a terribly difficult concept to grasp but I guess it takes some measure of empathy and non-simplistic thinking.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join