It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I cannot watch this particular video now,I am on my cell+we are having a thunderstorm so I had to switch the pc off-but this is my take on abortion in general:The whole abortion issue Should be pretty much a moot point by now-there's the option of using birth control.And quite frankly I'm sick of the old "but it does'nt agree with every woman" The instances of women who truly have severe medical issue with the chemicals in the pill,or Depo+Provera is Negligable.There's of course also the option of keeping your friggin legs closed/making sure the guys you hang with,keep their dicks in their pants..but all that is like Work-innit?

What a killjoy I am,wow-i mean,you're gonna Die you don't Get some,eh?No problem standing in line for Black Friday,or getting up early for trips to the mall-or stuffing their body with the unhealthiest foods,drinks+pharmaceuticals(legal or otherwise) but Oh! The chemicals in birth control substances just don't agree with them.

Gimme a break,for god's sake.Just another abdication of personal responsibility,because the alternative is to keep themself and their lifestyles in check through self-discipline.IF abortion is such a Hard,Terrible decision,causing so much Trauma-well go to reasonable lengths to avoid the LIFE taking hold inside you.Birth Control.THINKING about the consequences of having sex when you know full well you are not on birth control!! IS THAT DIFFICULT??

Guess I'll get flamed for my old-fashioned view on this,not that I give a #-after all,we Are in the era of "It's Never My fault or responsibility-i am Always the poor victim"

I suppose I should look on the bright side-better such Short-sighted,Selfish,Self-entitled,Lazy,Apathetic,COWARDLY people don't breed-it's not like the gene pool could take much more contamination before society collapses completely.Disgusting and contemptible.Jesus.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: intrptr

I asked the same question earlier and never got an answer. the law says it's okay so just deal with it doesn't work for me. the law also says gays can't get married. should we just deal with that too?

Yah, I respect the woman and her choices thing, just not sure anymore where to draw the line. When they find dumpsters full of fetuses or show smoke stacks above abortion clinics, my mind reels. I note that you can't get abortions at hospitals, they are sworn to protect life…

Its okay to abort just don't show the details. Its okay to eat meat too, just don't show the slaughter house.

Ladies let me agin state I respect your right to choice. Ultimately, its your decision. You have to live with it, not me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Intrptr-you are maybe a better person than me-depending from which angle/worldview one looks at this matter-but UNLESS she has been raped,the pregnancy is a grievous and unforeseen threat to the pregnant woman's own life-or she has tried birth control (because she Knew full well she cannot be an adequate mother at that stage of her life)but it failed for some reason-i have Zero respect,Zero compassion,Zero tolerance.I do not expect,or ask for agreement and understanding of my viewpoint-but I do stand by every single solitary word I said-and I would be willing to die for my conviction if need be-That is how deeply I feel about this.Life is precious-something that does'nt seem to register with a vast swathe of the global population.Not now,and not for a long time.

And I bet someone will ask me if I eat meat.Because that IS the exact same thing,in this type of argument,apparently- as being able to Prevent a human life if you are not up to the sacred duty of being a mother-and yes,despite what others may think-imo it is a high and Sacred duty,not to be undertaken lightly-or to discard it like a used sanitary pad at one's convenience.Have at it,those that will raise that point.Have at it.As for myself,I Know what is right,and also what is wrong and self-indulgent and self-justifying and cowardly and despicable.a reply to: intrptr

edit on 5-12-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo's

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you for sharing that. I respect women's pov on the matter. All of them. Women are the engine of life. The world owes a lot to them.

Just observing.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed. That being said, half of aborted infants are female

There's no easy solution, but we can always have compassion even if we don't always agree.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
It's sad that you'd need to be raped or have severe medical issues to not have your life ruined by an unwanted child. Do men, who'll never really have this risk, understand the gravity of such a thing?

For instance, take me. I don't want kids, ever, and currently, if I'd be in the misfortune of getting pregnant and not being able to terminate the pregnancy, I'd be in deep deep sh#

I have no place for it
I have no money for it
If there's a dad, I'd feel awful to burden him with something he wants just as little as me
I don't have the life for it (in terms of being able to provide it with the proper space, stuff, care etc...)
I don't even like kids
It's very very difficult here to get some kind of apartment (just rent... let alone buying. You wait into eternity)

There are other options than killing the child. Adoption comes to mind, and is a major one. I live across the street from a same-sex couple who have adopted two foster kids, are fostering three others, and one of the ladies has a biological son of her own. They are awesome parents, and the children are turning out to be pretty awesome people, especially when I consider their backgrounds of neglect, sexual assault, physical/emotional/intellectual abuses, etc. I'm a better human being for being friends with all of these kids--I wouldn't be if their parents had decided just to abort them like some unwanted ugly sweater at Christmas time.

But honestly, every reason you just gave in your list is selfish and does not take into account that we are talking about the killing of a human life. I'm not ignorant to the fact that accidental pregnancies happen, but yelling "ABORT!, ABORT!" because you "have no money for it" or "don't even like kids" does NOT qualify as valid reasons to me. They are, quite frankly, weak arguments, as no one is forcing you to have sex to begin with (and if they are, then I support your desire for an abortion in that instance).

There're many people like me whose life would simply be ruined.

Your life wouldn't be ruined, you just don't want the responsibility of having a child. I know zero people whose lives were "ruined" by having a baby who have actually had a baby--I hear plenty of people regurgitate that cliche who never have.

It's pretty clear which life gets ruined during an abortion, though, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I agree it is ultimately the Woman's decision ... The Man should support the woman in her descision

One important thing to consider is that the child only begins to live as a concious being on Earth upon drawing it's first breath.
The body is alive and growing for sure but the being is not present

I know my belief is highly controversial and I will receive flack for stating it ... But I am drawn to do so as it may reverberate with others or not

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Yes criminal activity is handled according to law. And laws are important. We all should live within the law.
The law says women can terminate a pregnancy.

You're entitled to feel any way you like about it but the law is the law.

reply to: jjkenobi

So when the United States had laws making slavery of black people legal, you would have stood there and said "Sorry, it's the law.". Or when women could not vote you would have told those woman to go home and obey the law? Because right now when babies or fetus's or whatever you'd like to call them are being murdered that is exactly what you are saying. That logic just runs in circles. Maybe it's only when a certain law goes against your own personal beliefs it becomes subjective.

edit on 5-12-2014 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
One persons *mistake* is another persons *solution*

Personal decisions ... Each to their own??

Not if it harms or kills someone else, no.

At that stage he is only a *potential* father. The foetus is not a child.

The fetus, dear eletheia, has its own DNA and is half the father, half the mother. Hell, even at a zygote state, it has unique DNA that is different from the mother, therefore making it its own being. Just because nature dictates that the woman's body nurishes and grows the fetus until birth is not the "fault" of us men--hell, in my opinion, it's an amazing honor. Luckily I have an intelligent wife who feels the same way.

And tell your opinion to every doctor and nurse who, during prenatal hospital visits, asked me if I'm the father. You do understand that father is also a verb that means "to beget," (scroll down to find the verb definition) and "beget" means:

beget [bih-get] /bɪˈgɛt/
verb (used with object), begot or (Archaic) begat; begotten or begot; begetting.

1. (especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

So, the man is the father, even of a fetus, because he begot that child--there is no specification that the child must be born in order to be a parent, not in the eyes of actual word definitions, nor in the eyes of the doctors. So, you were saying?

When did people start aborting actual definitions and meanings of words in order to try and twist logic to meet their opinions and ideology? I'm against this type of abortion, too.
edit on 5-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You are perfectly allowed to think low of them, but you aren't allowed to tell that person how they should take care of their body. If a woman wants to get an abortion because she is shallow and irresponsible, that is HER decision to make.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Yes criminal activity is handled according to law. And laws are important. We all should live within the law.
The law says women can terminate a pregnancy.

You're entitled to feel any way you like about it but the law is the law.

So then you'd be okay if a law got passed that labeled elective abortion (with a few exceptions) as murder? I mean, at that point, it'd be a law, so you'd support it because, as you say, "the law is the law" and "we all should live within the law," right?

Or, are you saying these things because you agree that abortion is okay and that, at this point, the law doesn't forbid it?

And keep in mind that how the legal system views a fetus can be contradictory--it's fine to abort a fetus (up to a certain gestation period), and that's not murder, but a criminal murders a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, he can be tried for the murder of her AND the unborn fetus.

The law is the law, and that's all fine and good, but you have to admit that not all laws are justified, necessary, or logical. IMO, allowing elective abortion is an illogical part of our legal system, because most elements of a murder charge just specify that it has to be a human being that was killed, and that the killing was premeditated. Abortion is just that, so it just sends my logical mind into a whirlwind when people bring up arguments like, "The law is the law."
edit on 5-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The people who are most fiercely against abortion tend to be the sort of people who are equally against increasing taxation to fund things like better social care, foster care, health care, education, welfare, sex education and all the other things that are required to actually give these children a better life once they're born.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Intrptr-you are maybe a better person than me-depending from which angle/worldview one looks at this matter-but UNLESS she has been raped,the pregnancy is a grievous and unforeseen threat to the pregnant woman's own life-or she has tried birth control (because she Knew full well she cannot be an adequate mother at that stage of her life)but it failed for some reason-i have Zero respect,Zero compassion,Zero tolerance.I do not expect,or ask for agreement and understanding of my viewpoint-but I do stand by every single solitary word I said-and I would be willing to die for my conviction if need be-That is how deeply I feel about this.Life is precious-something that does'nt seem to register with a vast swathe of the global population.Not now,and not for a long time.

And I bet someone will ask me if I eat meat.Because that IS the exact same thing,in this type of argument,apparently- as being able to Prevent a human life if you are not up to the sacred duty of being a mother-and yes,despite what others may think-imo it is a high and Sacred duty,not to be undertaken lightly-or to discard it like a used sanitary pad at one's convenience.Have at it,those that will raise that point.Have at it.As for myself,I Know what is right,and also what is wrong and self-indulgent and self-justifying and cowardly and despicable.a reply to: intrptr

This reminds me of that quote from Dr. Farnesworth on Futurama.

"There is NO scientific precedent that states life is valuable!"

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Not if it harms or kills someone else, no.

Someone?? ... someone is a person

Foetus ..... cannot mature or become someone without the host/

woman.

The fetus, dear eletheia, has its own DNA and is half the father, half the mother. Hell, even at a zygote state, it has unique DNA that is different from the mother, therefore making it its own being.

That's as it maybe however it cannot progress beyond the zygote stage without

the woman so all that mixed and unique DNA is immaterial, without her consent

it will not mature into a person.

And tell your opinion to every doctor and nurse who, during prenatal hospital visits, asked me if I'm the father. You do understand that father is also a verb that means "to beget," (scroll down to find the verb definition) and "beget" means:

Where I come from a couple will announce "We're going to have

a baby." OR

Doctors and Nurses usually say "Are you the Father to be

So, the man is the father, even of a fetus, because he begot that child--there is no specification that the child must be born in order to be a parent, not in the eyes of actual word definitions, nor in the eyes of the doctors. So, you were saying?

As I was saying >>>> The man is *A father to be* till the child is born when

he actually becomes a 'Father'

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah.....
Gonna go with the Anti Abortion crowd here. Everybody has a right to his or her body.
But in the case of LIFE, there has to be lines.
The moment a life begins to bloom within a woman, it is a being of purity, absolute innocences and untainted of filth. Aborting that being is straight up murder.
Even rape or incest, carry the child and then give the child up for adoption.
OF ALL THESE POST, NOBODY HAS MENTIONED THAT MOST STATES HAVE PROGRAMS JUST FOR THIS.
If your weak and invalid argue is finances and just dont plain like kids, thats you and maybe you shouldnt have opened your legs to begin with.
This is purely my opinion and it is grounded in fact for myself, so really any responses are just gonne be met with a "smh" and wish the best of luck with those poor souls making these murderous choices.
I have a beautiful 19 month little girl and she is my life.

"Well its my body...." GTFO of here, what about that little baby? oh...its in pieces....or blended up....or sucked up....sorry I guess that little being of light doesnt have a say.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Men have a choice. Thing is that choice and the responsibility that goes with it for men comes early on in the decision, as in before they sleep with someone whose views and morals they don't know without protection.

Aside from the choice above, the woman has the ultimate say. Anything else is nothing more than a horrific outcome on whatever level you choose to view or rationalize it on.

That being said, when a woman chooses to keep a child that the man does not want, I say she's responsible for that choice too, having had made a similar decision as the man did (see first paragraph).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There were laws against abortion for a reason. That did not stop women from getting them. As they say, they have a right to their own bodies. Some may not see it this way, but this was always the case, even when abortion was illegal.

Making abortion legal condones/approves the act by the government. The government is supposed to represent the people. This is why is should be illegal.

It was a cheap lie that sold many to legalizing abortion - the hypothetical, extreme, rare case of a woman getting raped, getting pregnant, and not wanting the child. Then once abortion was legalized, hoards of women rushed in for them. What a ruse and a deception. I've been duped. So has all the babies aborted. It's all based on a lie and an extenuating circumstance scenario.

Same argument happens with euthanasia. Spell out some extreme, rare case to justify its legalization... bla bla... you get the (lying) picture.

Some society we live in...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am on the fence about abortion. On one hand--I view it as infanticide. Because how does one decide when life begins? I say it begins when the egg says 'okay!' to the sperm and joins up to make a baby. I'm ok with abortion when it is to save a life--I'm not okay with it if the woman just needs to close her legs because she's pregnant all of the time. A woman like that doesn't need abortion--she needs intense mental help and rehabilitation to empower her to make better choices and get herself out of a situation where she's getting knocked up all of the time.

The reason I say I'm on the fence--I've used Plan B numerous times out of fear even though chances were I wasn't pregnant. And since I'm RH-negative.

I don't think that pro-abortion people should be QQ'ing about anti-abortion people picketing them though. Pro-abortion people solicit kids on college campuses and are totally obnoxious and rude about their beliefs. And are mean when you disagree. I don't believe that abortion should be viewed as totally ok. Because it isn't. It's a last resort--or it should be.

Back in the day before abortions, you did have people dropping unwanted children at convents, on doorsteps, at orphanages. Today, you still have that even with abortions. There are a ton of unwanted children in the world. So, if abortion doesn't stop this from occurring then what will? Keeping your pants on and not being a whore. Doesn't mean you can't have sex. Just means you have to use your brain for a second and either use protection or don't let the dude ejaculate inside of you and make him whack it off after pulling out. Creativity helps lol

I have seen many girls--some even younger than me--being pregnant already. Now they're single mothers. And that must be hard. Since no boyfriend will ever love your baby like you love your baby. Going it alone must be tough--but they have my respect. The ones who get abortions and continue being whores are despicable humans. If you were really so desperate to get the baby aborted, then be desperate enough to stop opening your legs. It's really not that hard.

A strong, independent woman is not a whore. She rises above that and pwns life. She is a leader--not a follower. And most of all, she learns from past mistakes and grows as a result. Abortion is not pro-feminism at all. In fact, it's just the man keeping your down.
edit on 5-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree. You are absolutely correct. It takes two to tango.
edit on 5-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

The ones who get abortions and continue being whores are despicable humans.

Are women who get abortions whores in your mind?

What about women who use birth control that fails? What if they're married? Should they just close up their legs forever, now that they've had an abortion?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Should they just close up their legs forever, now that they've had an abortion?

I'd like to input on this.....

You guessed it. You get the prize. They should close up their legs forever... Preferably before an abortion. After an abortion.

Nothing like an abortion to kill the mood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join