It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned jihadist: 'My iPod doesn't work...I have to come back'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Allow them to come home to say goodbye to their families before they are executed for treason. No appeal process.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Are you people insane? The enemy is finding living in your culture to be preferable to their own and are willing to walk away from an army they voluntarily joined to take up your lifestyle. And you want to respond by jailing them or executing them? That just encourages them to stick to their current choice and fight against you.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Lol. You almost had me there. You must be trolling. Come on, tell me you were trolling.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
Ok... HERE WE GO...

I can just see how this thread is going to turn out... A French bashing thread from certain members once again...

I am a BRIT living in France and My wife and son are French... I have been here for 25 years and love France and the whole culture...

Anyhow...

LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT RIGHT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING...

A French nationalised Jihadist does NOT mean all of the French nation in general are Jihadists... some unintelligent numbnuts here on ATS will say French... French... French this and that...

The Militants that have left France AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES TOO are either BRAINWASHED EXTREMIST MUSLIMS right from the start... OR people that have been converted by the wrong people.

Islam is a peaceful religion... but unfortunately (such as the Westborough Baptist Church for example) you have some real dickheads that want to twist and brainwash people...

Please... FUTURE POSTERS...?

Don't have a go at France and the French in general... I HAVE SEEN IT SOOOO MANY TIMES HERE ON ATS

And NO... I am not a Muslim.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Wow I don't thino anyone even thought about bashing the french. In fact don't think anyone thought all the French were Jihadists. You kind of got defensive over the wrong thing I mean come on everyone knows the French are scared to fight! Yes I know I'm bad going to my corner now : )

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Are you people insane? The enemy is finding living in your culture to be preferable to their own and are willing to walk away from an army they voluntarily joined to take up your lifestyle. And you want to respond by jailing them or executing them? That just encourages them to stick to their current choice and fight against you.

I agree sort of the only way this gets better is to make them want to live a different lifestyle. So it's not a bad thing theY are there helps spread the advantages of the west.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Aazadan

Lol. You almost had me there. You must be trolling. Come on, tell me you were trolling.

I am 100% serious, and I am not alone in these thoughts. It is well established by virtually every military in the world that treating enemy combatants well and enabling them to live prosperous lives under your way of life is the absolute best way to reduce the opposing forces. You take away their reason and incentives for fighting.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Did you even read the source, or read the OP, or any replies? Your rant has nothing to do with the topic, and your conclusions are wrong. It encourages people to join them because if it doesn't work out there are no consequences. It also is an open door for terrorist groups to send agents in.

All in all quite a bad post/idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

You are aware that Cabernet is a cépage and grows in Bordeaux too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/12/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
a reply to: Rodinus
Hey Rodinus...
# France...
That is all.

Another fine example of one of our more respected intelligent contributing members having an intellectual erection!

You will go far in life.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/12/14 by Rodinus because: Crap quoting

edit on Sat Dec 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Did you even read the source, or read the OP, or any replies? Your rant has nothing to do with the topic, and your conclusions are wrong. It encourages people to join them because if it doesn't work out there are no consequences. It also is an open door for terrorist groups to send agents in.

Yes, I did read the thread. It is full of people saying they should be imprisoned for life without trial, drawn and quartered, or executed. Giving the people something to come back to is how you make them become disillusioned with fighting for ISIS, and that is how you ultimately rob ISIS of manpower and make them unable to act.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ok... HERE WE GO...

I can just see how this thread is going to turn out... A French bashing thread from certain members once again...

I am a BRIT living in France and My wife and son are French... I have been here for 25 years and love France and the whole culture...

Anyhow...

LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT RIGHT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING...

A French nationalised Jihadist does NOT mean all of the French nation in general are Jihadists... some unintelligent numbnuts here on ATS will say French... French... French this and that...

The Militants that have left France AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES TOO are either BRAINWASHED EXTREMIST MUSLIMS right from the start... OR people that have been converted by the wrong people.

Islam is a peaceful religion... but unfortunately (such as the Westborough Baptist Church for example) you have some real dickheads that want to twist and brainwash people...

Please... FUTURE POSTERS...?

Don't have a go at France and the French in general... I HAVE SEEN IT SOOOO MANY TIMES HERE ON ATS

And NO... I am not a Muslim.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Whoa Custo, noone is bashing France for joinging IS soldiers. Happening all over.

It seems to me that IS understand the French and therefore give them menial logistics roles rather than combat which the French have a history of underperforming.

I for one, wish the worst on anyone joining IS regardless of Nationality and what I dont like is these cowards now asking for help getting back. Who thinks they joined because they saw Mohammeds Army as a way to get women to be their slaves, unless they repent on a massive scale, and I mean Allahs Peace Army for Multiculture..then they can all rot in Syria and be gutted when they realise that world is all there is.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yes, I did read the thread. It is full of people saying they should be imprisoned for life without trial, drawn and quartered, or executed. Giving the people something to come back to is how you make them become disillusioned with fighting for ISIS, and that is how you ultimately rob ISIS of manpower and make them unable to act.

50 people is not robbing them of manpower. And it is not the enemy preferring Western culture, it's Westerners finding out ME life under ISIS sucks. Showing people the consequences are permanent and how crappy the choice is is how you deter them. Otherwise people will do it knowing there are no consequences.

A trial is fine, then execution, no appeal. It's an open and shut case unless someone magically teleported them there, which I doubt.
edit on 6-12-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Ma, I wanna come home...!! They won't let me cut children's heads off or rape and murder Kaffir women.. It's not fair, I thought this was going to be a lot of fun, but all I do is fetch water and clean toilets...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I am 100% serious, and I am not alone in these thoughts. It is well established by virtually every military in the world that treating enemy combatants well and enabling them to live prosperous lives under your way of life is the absolute best way to reduce the opposing forces. You take away their reason and incentives for fighting.

Let's just imagine the government would actually do that, thus dwindling down ISIS numbers to be too low to fight. Who would do the Operation Gladio-style scare tactics for the people to happily give up their rights for 'safety' and scream louder and louder to go to war against whom they are told to hate? TPTB would have to invest loads of money and effort to create a new group of terrorists to hate and fear and give reasons to invade other countries.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Okay, now!!!!!
Let's get back on topic, enough with the name-calling and assorted remarks!!!!!!!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors
edit on Sat Dec 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Kil them all.
Also their wives and children.
No loose ends.
The Geneva Convention needs to be tossed into the trash bin where it belongs,
and these people need to be taken out with some efficient weapons,be it nuclear, chemical or biological.
Bullets and conventional bombs just are not enough.
Being "better" than them means NOTHING.
Only winning over them matters,
by ANY. MEANS. NECESSARY.
edit on 6-12-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Rodinus
Of course, but a Bordeaux is so much more provincial

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

50 people is not robbing them of manpower. And it is not the enemy preferring Western culture, it's Westerners finding out ME life under ISIS sucks. Showing people the consequences are permanent and how crappy the choice is is how you deter them. Otherwise people will do it knowing there are no consequences.

A trial is fine, then execution, no appeal. It's an open and shut case unless someone magically teleported them there, which I doubt.

It starts with 50, it can have far greater effects though, but it's difficult to measure since it requires proving a negative. There isn't really an easy way to know how many people you prevent from joining ISIS or how many you convince to desert.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I read and commented on an article in USA today or some media like that, and I shared about the same feelings.

There have been many instances of Americans (and other nationalities as well, as evident in OP) either getting stopped at the border trying to join up with ISIS, or getting nabbed before they can make it that far.

I am of the opinion that once we know someone wants to defect and leave our country or any other respectable country to "live in squalor with a bunch of murderers", which hits the nail on the head, we should LET them leave, don't let them know we know, and when they try to come back as if nothing happened, BAM. Door is closed. They should expect this, we should enforce this, if they don't want to be here, let them leave. Just don't let them back.

At the very least, we can garner some comfort from the fact that these jihadist groups are trying to get our people to leave HERE to go THERE, rather than having them stay here and conduct attacks on home soil, whichever countries soil that may be.

Agree with OP, S&F.
edit on 12/6/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Kindest respects

Rodinus
Of course, but a Bordeaux is so much more provincial

And more darned expensive!

I will put one a side for when you come to visit France

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join