It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned jihadist: 'My iPod doesn't work...I have to come back'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

You forgot the biggest lesson that one learns upon joining any military service. S# ALWAYS rolls downhill. Your life WILL be the most miserable there, because you are the new guy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Anyone notice they are not saying they're sorry for what they've done or that they were wrong, just a general "I wanna come home 'cause it's too hard". They haven't shown signs of changing their minds, they just want to kill in a more comfortable setting. There's no way in Hell I would let these people back in to the country, except to be tried for war crimes and sent to prison as soon as their feet hit the ground.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: LibertyPD32
a reply to: Rodinus
How is this a french bashing thread?

Welcome to ATS.

I have only been here on ATS since October 2012 but lurking for about 8 years... As soon as people start speaking about other countries apart from the USA here (especially in a negative manner to certain posters) then it becomes a bashing thread... Just watch and you will see...

Thats all I am saying...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

The thing is that your well intentioned post will do nothing to deter those who feel the need to vent their hatred. I find it's best to ignore those types of posters instead of acknowledging them. Before hand or after the matter.

As for the OP I feel bad for anyone who thought that they'd be treated as anything more than a slave in their 'jihad' if they weren't already from the ME, And I pity that they thought they were doing something worthwhile at all.
edit on 5-12-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Same as what most who stupidly sign up to join any army .. they think it will be a big glorius adventure and theyll change the world .. then they get there and learn there is no glory in war .. no winners and none of the luxuries of home ..

Some people join the service because they have no other way out of their crappy lives and the military provides them with structure, 3 square meals a day, stability, and a job.

It's not so much people want to change the world, but some people join just to better their own world.

It all depends on where the person joins up and who they join up with.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Expat888

You forgot the biggest lesson that one learns upon joining any military service. S# ALWAYS rolls downhill. Your life WILL be the most miserable there, because you are the new guy.

Unless you come from a rich family or from a family of politicians ala Bush
edit on 5-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ummm...Cmon...Really...?

I just love the French...fries that is...maybe a side of dijon...or a baguette with brie...too cool.

Islam is a very peaceful religion...they prove that every day....................nuff said...

And no...I'm not a muslim...or French for that matter...

I still love your house BTW...

Kindest respects....kinda looses it's Je na sais quoi...when prefaced by "unintelligent numb-nuts" or "dickhead"...but hey...I guess it's only us "across the ponders" that qualify for such uplifting sentiment..........................right...?

Kindest respects

YouSir

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ok... HERE WE GO...

I can just see how this thread is going to turn out... A French bashing thread from certain members once again...

I am a BRIT living in France and My wife and son are French... I have been here for 25 years and love France and the whole culture...

Anyhow...

LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT RIGHT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING...

A French nationalised Jihadist does NOT mean all of the French nation in general are Jihadists... some unintelligent numbnuts here on ATS will say French... French... French this and that...

The Militants that have left France AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES TOO are either BRAINWASHED EXTREMIST MUSLIMS right from the start... OR people that have been converted by the wrong people.

Islam is a peaceful religion... but unfortunately (such as the Westborough Baptist Church for example) you have some real dickheads that want to twist and brainwash people...

Please... FUTURE POSTERS...?

Don't have a go at France and the French in general... I HAVE SEEN IT SOOOO MANY TIMES HERE ON ATS

And NO... I am not a Muslim.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ok, ok! We surrender! LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...Cmon...Really...?

I just love the French...fries that is...maybe a side of dijon...or a baguette with brie...too cool.

Islam is a very peaceful religion...they prove that every day....................nuff said...

And no...I'm not a muslim...or French for that matter...

I still love your house BTW...

Kindest respects....kinda looses it's Je na sais quoi...when prefaced by "unintelligent numb-nuts" or "dickhead"...but hey...I guess it's only us "across the ponders" that qualify for such uplifting sentiment..........................right...?

Kindest respects

YouSir

Thumbs up to you mate...

If I replace numbnuts with "couilles molles" is that alright?

I never said Dickhead???

Toujours Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 5/12/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Bottle of decent Cabernet on its way my kilt wearing friend...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Allow them to come home, charge them with treason and execute them. You want to commit treason, and acts of terrorism. Good, you will be treated as such.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

These people shouldn't be allowed home. Doesn't matter if you're an immigrant or someone born there. You leave to fight for terrorists, your citizenship is revoked. If that fails, someone mentioned bringing back the guillotine...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

I thinking drawing and quartering would be better, how ever that would be as bad as their preferred removal of head with knife by hand.

Guillotine is quick at the very least, but i think hanging would be my preferred method. Cheap, effective, gets the point across.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
...gets the point across.

And that's what we need to do. They need to understand that if they're going to support a terrorist organization, there will be consequences. I'm currently in Norway, there's virtually no consequences for running off to Syria to fight. A twenty-three year old was arrested earlier today or yesterday for returning from Syria, but the majority of these people come and live their lives as normal spreading their terrorist views.

They should all be locked up. If they're citizens, jailed. If they're not, sent back to wherever they came from.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

I live in Canada, we are pacifists to the extreme... you murder an entire family, rape children and you just have to spend some time with a roof over your head, daily activities, clothing, food, meals, dental, medical they don't have to pay for.... it's pretty messed up. I'm all for rehabilitation, but some criminals are not able to be fixed(terrorists, murderers, rapists, child molesters...) Treason is the only thing punishable by hanging in canada... yet it never happens. Yet to have a case of treason yet, but these terrorists are committing treason by leaving to fight in syria as canadian citizens.

I'm not changing what i said previously but nearly bit my damn tongue off.... this used to be the only candian law punishable by death, how ever it has been changed... I was trying to find the definition of high treason and learned it too was punishable by a financial and civil responsibilities vacation.... .

High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government. Participating in a war against one's native country, attempting to overthrow its government, spying on its military, its diplomats, or its secret services for a hostile and foreign power, or attempting to kill its head of state are perhaps the best known examples of high treason. High treason requires that the alleged traitor have obligations of loyalty in the state he or she betrayed, but this will usually be satisfied by being present in the state at the time of the offence, or being a citizen of the state if abroad. Foreign spies, assassins, and saboteurs, though not suffering the dishonor associated with conviction for high treason, may still be tried and punished judicially for acts of espionage, assassination, or sabotage, though in contemporary times, foreign spies are usually repatriated in exchange for spies of the mentioned nation held by another nation.[2] High treason is considered a very serious – often the most serious possible – crime, by the civil authorities. A conviction, by a Canadian court, for high treason, results in a mandatory life sentence (albeit with the possibility of parole after 25 years).

The source is wikipedia....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Screw 'em. Bomb 'em to hell with the rest of the ISIS sickos.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They made their beds--time to lie in them. They chose their side--time to take responsibility for that choice.

A sense of adventure my butt. I'm a big fan of adventure--like I'd totally go into Narnia if the door ever opened lol
But Narnia and joining a bunch of jihadist goatherds are two totally different things. Honestly, if anyone was truly dumb enough to view this as an adventure, then let them back and prosecute them/get them the mental help that they oh-so desperately need. But yeah, if you joined to help the bad guys then sayonara you can stay with your isis 'bros' and continue being their betch. Shoulda thought about the outcome before going to war. Bunch of morons--and not just the french. I'm part french. But I must say i think France's culture may have driven some of these people to doing this. I mean, France hasn't exactly been strong since the Napoleonic Era. They're hungry for glory, perhaps. It's sad that (if this is the case) that led them astray. I feel sorry for all of them. They're just so wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Bilk22

Bottle of decent Cabernet on its way my kilt wearing friend...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Cabernet? I would expect a fine Bordeaux would be in order

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hey Rodinus...
# France...
That is all.

edit on Sat Dec 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Islam is a peaceful religion

And this member gets the joke of the day prize!!

Don't let these losers return to their countries. Make them stay and suffer in many ways. Deal with it!!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Despotism isn't as wonderful as first conceived?

Well pull it out the stink cuz that ain't no shocker!

A jihadist so attached to something so... yeah... I find your lack of faith disturbing blah blah blah technological terra (kennedy voice)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join