It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was "DNA" a seed sowed in chaos?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was thinking about posting this in the origins forum, however, because of the lack of substantial evidence and that it is something that contains many hypothetical (what if) constructs, I have decided to post it here.

In simple terms, DNA is a template that was mixed into the "primordial soup" and eventually it captured sentient forms that were the product of pure chance.

I want you to imagine the ultimate nature of reality, how can anything exist, my answer is that existence is born of infinite possibility, and because of that, we will never "exhaust" infinity, and for that reason, things change and things grow, as opposed to existing in a constant state, a stagnate state.

So, imagine, this "stuff of infinity" - it can be anything, and it occurs due to "pure chance" - potentially what existed "before" the universe, and also what still exists "outside of it" bar any other "universes" or "other realms" that exist.

Right, a sea of pure chaos.

Now, consciousness - I want you to see that consciousness just "happens" in this chaos, things come in and out of awareness randomly and sporadically, and sometimes, something "happens" (a paradox perhaps) and that "thing" (like some swirly chaos thingy) becomes sentient.

A very basic sentience at that.

And to insert this - there are beings that were "created" by other beings as well - "secondary" beings.

Now, DNA.

We are going to have to explain this with a hypothetical "fictitious" "story".

Consider that some "scientist" from "some reality" (like an existing realm or universe) had discovered a means to explore the realm of "chaos" and started to experiment with it.

Lets say, that the/these "scientists" created or "synthesized" a complex "nano machine" called "DNA".

How does it work - well, think of it as having a unique series of "locks" that can detect any changes to "DNA" that occurred "un-systematically" - that is, the product of an outside force with a determinable "will" and not just a random fluctuation.

So, the "scientist" in his laboratory, has a machine that contains a small "pocket" of chaos, and that, he "sprinkles" "DNA" into the test area.

As is predicted, the "DNA" moves about and changes.

All of a sudden, one of the DNA "seeds" that were introduced "locks" itself - something that was sentient had "bound" itself (or DNA had bound to it) to the "seed".

Once this had happened, "DNA" had "captured" a "chaos being" - one of those beings that emerges randomly in the stew of infinity.

This being now had a "form" introduced to it - DNA, and now, the "DNA" was "alive"

DNA itself had many possible configurations, however, over time, these little beings had "evolved" through a process of random adaptation, into something resembling "creatures" and eventually "animals"...

So, was "DNA" sprinkled into the primordial infinity, binding itself to products of chaos, being "locked in" when they interacted with it - giving these "chaotic beings" a "form" that they could cling on to, and eventually work with to become animate beings, as opposed to just being random pockets of "infinity"?

To wrap this up, DNA designed, DNA introduced, sentience binds to DNA, and thus gives rise to complex forms.

So that, the "animals" have "designers" but not "creators" as they were responsible (initially) for their own sentience (as opposed to beings whom have sentience that was manifested totally by another being).

Is that why animals are so "special" and is that why animal behaviours are so unpredictable and chaotic?

Perhaps living on this "animal planet" we as "creations" have a tough time struggling with chaos, where we are more used to "realms" that have governing "rules" and "laws".

(And this is a leap) This universe thus also being, in the grander sense, some kind of "seed" that was "sown" in infinity, by a great "designer" or team of designers and it just took off by itself, becoming ever more complex and awesome, precisely, like a "seed" turning into a tree.

Open to debate here, I'm not going to try and defend this theory, tell me what you think about it.

edit on 5-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
All of a sudden, one of the DNA "seeds" that were introduced "locks" itself - something that was sentient had "bound" itself (or DNA had bound to it) to the "seed".

No seed necessary ... wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller-Urey_experiment

A onion has a bigger genome than you do , if you are correct that DNA quantity is proportional to sentience , then an onion should be more sentient than you , ( maybe that was a bad example ).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Take a watch to bits and put all the parts in a bag and then shake the bag as many times as you like but you still won't get the watch to come to life and start ticking.

Frank12345

Yes what you say is true and the 4bn DNA quads in a human has about 30,000 genes that are used for building things with switches that switch the genes on and controllers to tell the gene what to build.

We have genes to make fish fins and gills in our human DNA so if the main controller is "Fish" then DNA switches are turned on to build a fish but I am not sure if we could add a "onion" controller.

This underlying DNA/RNA structure could never happen using evolution and rolls of the dice no more then I could jumble up bits to produce an operating system, its just silly to think it could therefore our DNA at a lower level was designed and only at that stage could you allow random evolutionary changes to be tested under Darwin's laws.

Most of what Darwin said was right but not all of it and he didn't know anything about DNA or computer code

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Lets say, that the/these "scientists" created or "synthesized" a complex "nano machine" called "DNA".

I've always thought since first hearing of Nano Tech way back when that it's logical evolution would be biological. Considering it's nature and materials used. Chemical engineering and bio tech combining.

To wrap this up, DNA designed, DNA introduced, sentience binds to DNA, and thus gives rise to complex forms.

Planned Panspermia?

We ourselves if we continue along our present level of development will achieve this possible ability in my opinion. As far as animals being chaotic?

Are they?

They eat, sleep, breed and many migrate. Do they ponder their own existence?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
EDIT:

DNA is not life. DNA is the firmware.
edit on 5-12-2014 by intrptr because: change

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
''Sowed'' implies a deliberate act.

By whom?

DNA as a random event isn't logical IMO, the math doesn't support it when biological function is considered.

I believe in INTELLIGENT design.

The question is from whom, where and whence?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is the way, I believe, the DNA was seeded:
(watch just the first 90 seconds)

edit on 5-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Take a watch to bits and put all the parts in a bag and then shake the bag as many times as you like but you still won't get the watch to come to life and start ticking.

That's just a variant of the "junkyard tornado" argument : a failed attempt to disprove evolution.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 5-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Over 90% of the human genome is junk DNA , that doesn't look like the work of an intelligent [software] designer.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I've always thought since first hearing of Nano Tech way back when that it's logical evolution would be biological.

Yes I was thinking like you but it turns out that they are now programing DNA to construct nano devices and this brings the costs down.

Mad I know

originally posted by: intrptr
EDIT:

DNA is not life. DNA is the firmware.

I think that the laws of physics would fit that picture better but who knows because we have only just started to use computers, stuck with bits when DNA uses quads.

edit on 5-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

Over 90% of the human genome is junk DNA , that doesn't look like the work of an intelligent [software] designer.

It wouldn't surprise me that if that so-called 'junk' DNA contained some kind of coded message for humans. It could be an explanation of how life on Earth arose, and how to continue evolving as a species. Only species that survive long enough to read the message ever get to.

It would make for a cool story at least.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

You are a little out of date with that one but do let me know when you get the watch to tick again.

Evolution is a fact but it's only half the story, cars evolve but they did not moth out of a lump of iron ore so if we want to argue that anything can evolve to become anything then would the plans for a modern car not be smaller than the plans needed for a human or would you say life must be organic and need water and just the right air pressure and ........................... more and more .......... because I thinks you would be very wrong.

Don't feel you need to defend Darwin, he's cool and would be quite happy to admit a few mistake because he did not know anything about DNA and had to make a few assumptions along the way.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

Neither you nor anyone else, top scientists included, know of the origin, original purpose, latent potential or intended purpose of all DNA therefore you cannot call it ''junk'' DNA.

Furthermore there isn't anywhere near the knowledge accrued by genetic scientists yet for a complete evaluation of DNA, only recently it has been discovered that DNA can hold memory, that is just one example of the hitherto unknown qualities of DNA. IMO there are likely far more, as yet unknown qualities and potential. For all you know, the entire span of DNA based life on Earth could be controlled by DNA. If I operated the 'system' for example, I could transmit a code to a specific part of your DNA that could make your hand twitch right now, for example.

The folly of humanity is in PRESUMING it knows it all. The universal system is far far more intelligent and complicated than human minds will ever be able to fully perceive.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It could be an explanation of how life on Earth arose, and how to continue evolving as a species.

I cannot agree with you on the first part but you are bang on with the second part.

Trouble is we will evolve to become part machine, part man but that's not the logical end goal else it all becomes meaningless and we don't have a real purpose and this troubled me for some time but I think I may have the answer.

The X-Box 10 won't need a 4X TV or Google glasses and will be plugged in to the brain and if you think I am barking mad then checkout how doctors are giving vision to people that were blind at birth and this was started ten years ago.

The folly of humanity is in PRESUMING it knows it all. The universal system is far far more intelligent and complicated than human minds will ever be able to fully perceive.

Yes I agree and the reason ET might never come is because we are just like simple 100 cell organisms to them but just maybe ET would be like a interface between mankind and the real deal that calls the shoots further up the tree.

Bit like taking a Titan-fall character and inserting it into a space invader program we all loved back in the 1970's

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Neither you nor anyone else, top scientists included, know of the origin ... purpose ...

Some of the junk DNA can be traced to viruses .

Junk DNA includes sequences which repeat many times , that inefficient repetition doesn't look like purposeful intelligent programming.

Neither you nor anyone else, top scientists included, know of the ... latent potential ...

I'll concede you have a point there : like junk in the attic , some Junk DNA it may have been useful in the past, (previous species) , and there is possibility parts may become useful in future evolution, ( i.e. "junk" is not necessarily "garbage" ) , but it is currently junk and performs no useful function in our current incarnation.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Some of the junk DNA can be traced to viruses .

Yes and that's why a virus goes after the nucleus of a cell so that it can inject DNA into the genes.

Junk DNA includes sequences which repeat many times , that's definitely not intelligent programming.

Yes that's crap code and as a programmer I admit I too have some sections of code that repeat and even have functions that are never called but it does not make me unintelligent, nothing is perfect and that goes for the human body.

Read up a bit more and see that large sections of DNA in humans are for things like fish fins and parts and materials that are never used when building a human body.

Who's to say we won't have to return to the sea ! The toolbox has things in it we may one day need and few leading edge scientists now agree that 90% is junk DNA and it is more a question of them not understanding it all yet.

if you reject "intelligent programming" because of the bible, god, ten commandments and all that stuff then I am with you but if you think a man had it all worked out 150 years ago then I am not.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Not having a known current function doesn't equate to not having PURPOSE.

You are not the code creator so you do not know the PURPOSE of all the code.

Examples of possibles:

a. The DNA could be used by it's programmers to denote a/b/c etc. which is not yet obvious to human science.

b. it could be instrumental in human development and is essential that it is currently retained due to it's possible use if needed

c. as above though kept for potential use

d. it could have a catalyst, for example, if it was passed through a certain amount of generations it could mutate or be catalysed by another factor

e. it could be imperative to humanity in the overall scheme of things, long term

f. it could be part of the original, most probably extra terrestrial (not of Earth) DNA and determines DNA origin of the human, or for use in potential other realms /atmospheres / dimensions.

I'll concede you have a point there : like junk in the attic , some Junk DNA it may have been useful in the past, (previous species) , and there is possibility parts may become useful in future evolution, ( i.e. "junk" is not necessarily "garbage" ) , but it is currently junk and performs no useful function in our current incarnation

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Not having a known current function doesn't equate to not having PURPOSE.

You seem to be on my wave length so what is our purpose ?

Would you agree with me that DNA is computer code or at least data ?
Do you agree that the brain can now be read and even influenced by computers ?
is it fair to say that our brains work like a computer ?
Would you say that quantum physics seems to suggest that we are not physical in the conventional scene ?
Do you think that computers in the very near future will be more intelligent than us mere humans no mater how we keep redefining what intelligence is ?

Basically I am asking you if you think that we are living inside some type of computer and are more than just a pointless simulation or computer game or even random bytes jumping around to produce something useful because that brings me to purpose

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The purpose of humanity?

An experiment perhaps, a physical manifestation that is part of a greater dimensional reality, these are possibilities I consider.

DNA being computer code?

DNA IMO is similar to computer code, DNA came first so computer code is like DNA, and in my experience there are patterns to reality, perhaps humanity is at a stage of awareness that determines the level of comprehension of code, which is currently at 'computer level'. There could be many levels. Humanity might well be programmed by it's DNA for it's evolutionary progress including that of intelligent manifestation and comprehension of it's own coding reality.

Can the brain be influenced and read by computers?

We have computerised equipment that reads brain waves and other brain functions, also those that are able to interact with and therefore affect brain function.

Brains working like computers?

Brains are 'wired' and influenced by many factors, including those that could be likened to code. The brain came first, computers are programed as 'digital brains' therefore computers are like brains.

Quantum physics suggesting non conventional physicality of humanity?

Quantum physics is exploring the possibilities of interactive dimensional / physical realms that are non conventional to 'old school' physical science comprehension of physicality. I believe in dimensional realities.

Computers potentially being more ''intelligent'' than humans?

Computers made by humans are programmed by humans to compute, most often more precisely and faster than humanity and in ways a human cannot do, this doesn't necessarily denote increased intelligence. Computation made by higher intelligence or of higher dimensions / intelligences are probably more intelligent than humans and human computers.

Living inside a computer simulation / pointless random game?

Computers are ''now''. IMO likening computers as an analogy to reality is like 100 years ago likening reality to a steam engine. If total reality comprehension were a pie chart, IMO only a small slice is currently known by humanity. Coding as such of DNA is certainly a factor to physical and possible dimensional reality. Perhaps DNA determines COMPREHENSION in that there are factors to individual and collective DNA that determines reality comprehension and can be manipulated.

You seem to be on my wave length so what is our purpose ?

Would you agree with me that DNA is computer code or at least data ?
Do you agree that the brain can now be read and even influenced by computers ?
is it fair to say that our brains work like a computer ?
Would you say that quantum physics seems to suggest that we are not physical in the conventional scene ?
Do you think that computers in the very near future will be more intelligent than us mere humans no mater how we keep redefining what intelligence is ?

Basically I am asking you if you think that we are living inside some type of computer and are more than just a pointless simulation or computer game or even random bytes jumping around to produce something useful because that brings me to purpose
a reply to: VirusGuard

edit on 5-12-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join