It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gene Simmons: Family Has Requested that Dimebag Be Buried in a KISS Coffin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This eveing on Fox News interviewed Gene Simmons of KISS on the death of Darrell Abbott. Simmons revealed that Abbott's family had requested that Abbott be buried in a KISS coffin. Simmons also revealed that Abbot had a KISS tatto on this chest.

[edit on 04/12/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You know, as sad as this story is, I smile everytime I hear anyone on any of the news stations call him Dimebag. It's just funny for some reason..

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That Gene Simmons...always sticking the word Kiss into anything possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Tacky tack Tacky But considering that his nickname was "dimebag" I guess it fits. My question is, what won't KISS put its name on?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Were I to be buried, this is the coffin I would prefer, if it were still availabe.

Coffin

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Were I to be buried, this is the coffin I would prefer, if it were still availabe.

Coffin

Are you a patriotic American, by chance?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
......Is he a patriotic American?

This is Grady.

What a silly question to ask. XD!

I support the idea, Grady, but I don't know if I could do it...When I think of Funeral, I think of an understated casket...that one seems over the top.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A few years ago a mate of mine who is a KISS freak managed to get a back stage pass for after the
concert (the tour that didn't include Ace Frehley)sp?, and he had a short chat with Gene.

Gene asked my mate if he had a job (yes), but my mate said he liked to sleep in on Sunday morning.
Gene called him a lazy S.O.B.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's a picture of the KISS casket and where to buy one.

Price? $5000.

www.research.att.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I support the idea, Grady, but I don't know if I could do it...When I think of Funeral, I think of an understated casket...that one seems over the top.

This is actually what will be done with my body when I am finished with it.

The Living Bank

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Tacky tack Tacky But considering that his nickname was "dimebag" I guess it fits. My question is, what won't KISS put its name on?

Oh come on. I know a guy who died of cancer and was an avid golfer. At his viewing he had his golf outfit on and the coffin filled with golf balls all around him. If you can't do what you want when you're dead, when can you? More power to him and his family.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Coffin
Its very appropriate for you, Grady. I like it for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

He was a Rock star, not the local minister...

His nickname was "Diamond Daryll" and then it changed to "Dimebag" as a joke.

He was a life- long Kiss fan to the Nth degree.

He worshipped Ace Frehley, he was his biggest fan.

He wore something that said KISS on it alot.

They had KISS parties every year and you could only come if you were in Kiss makeup.

He was a very down to Earth good guy, who never hurt anyone.
Very big heart. Always buy you a drink.

His family asked for the coffin, Kiss didn't try to promote themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd prefer a plain pine box, but I guess everyone has different tastes.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Such a tragedy.
I'm sure the family has more importants matters than if the casket makes everyone happy.
Funerals are for the remaining family, whatever they want. Leave em be!

Now, me, please, I want to be cremated and be put in an urn.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have seen the KISS coffins before Gene Simmons owns one. I saw his house on one of those shows Cribs or something on MTV. He had in it a room full of other KISS stuff.

Not sure if he had plans to be buried in it though.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Were I to be buried, this is the coffin I would prefer, if it were still available.

Coffin

You were in the Marine Corps for four years, in Vietnam for six months. If that is all you did with your life, it would still be more than most. Definitely nothing to belittle, a very honorable resume. But looking at your choice of coffins, and reading your past posts, your avatar rotation, good God man! Is that it? Have you been successful in your field of employment? Have you raised a family? Have you ever done anything else in your life? Let me be clear, your military service, your sacrifice, you should be thanked, and I, as well as any American with half a brain should thank you for being willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice when our nation asked. But to harp on something you did 30 years ago, makes me wonder what now in your life is so hollow that you must constantly live, and relive, the past?

I think coffin's like Grady's and Dimebag's, scream 'Look at me! Look at me! I was somebody once!" I think our lives should reflect that, our actions, not obstentious displays. IMHO.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Have you ever done anything else in your life? ...[T]o harp on something you did 30 years ago, makes me wonder what now in your life is so hollow that you must constantly live, and relive, the past?

I think coffin's like Grady's and Dimebag's, scream 'Look at me! Look at me! I was somebody once!" I think our lives should reflect that, our actions, not obstentious displays. IMHO.

First of all, curme, I can only conclude that you know very little about Marines. Second, the USMC coffin was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. What I said was, "Were I to be buried, this is the coffin I would prefer...," or words to that effect.

If you had read a later post, you would have learned that my body is going to The Living Bank at the time of my death, so there will be no need of a coffin.

You may look at a thumbnail of some of my accomplishments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have never married and I have no children.

You will find many Marines who consider their service to be the defining period of their lives. "Once a Marine, always a Marine." Among the Marines whom I know personally and on-line, I am hardly alone.

As to avatars, at least mine represent something that is real and applicable to my life, with the exception of the Spongebob avatar that you apparently missed.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was into KISS in the mid-seventies and grew out of them after the original members solo efforts and the KISS Double Platinum recording.

What amazes me is, after all these years, my cousins 14 year-old daughter is a KISS "freak." These guys sure have stayed popular, even with band member changes! I haven't kept up with them because my taste of music has changed from "rock" to "raw."

My question is: who is this Dimebag?

[edit on 12/12/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this is ridiculous

funny thing about the nickname "Dimebag" is that it used to be "Diamond Darrell" back when Pantera was a glam-rock band. he even kept the name until after Pantera's first record after becoming the "Cowboys from Hell."

as far as being buried, i'd like to be buried in a 50 foot deep hole with sand filling the first 6 feet below me and 20 feet above me and about 6 feet to each side of me. then finish the rest off with the original dirt. no casket, no embalming fluid, just a tight gause wrap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join